[Today at 12:28:22 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 11:39:07 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8337369 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 11/15/17
« Reply #11675 on: December 10, 2017, 04:30:16 PM »
What are the reports?

Herman posted a link to Dodds' board last week that mentioned it.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #11676 on: December 10, 2017, 04:33:42 PM »
Yeah it will be very interesting. Chemistry seems great now, but everyone is getting a lot of minutes and contributing.  We will drop 35 min from Rowsey, but need to find starter level minutes for Morrow, Froling, and Joey, someone will not be happy. Cain and Elliott are going to expect bigger roles as well. 

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #11677 on: December 10, 2017, 05:56:36 PM »
Could mean nothing, but both Markus and Stan are following the mom of Dane Kuiper New Mexico Lobos, JR 6'7 G/F. Looks like Markus has some Arizona ties to him, but Stan just recently followed. Sort of weird, but assume Stan recruited him at A.State - 2015 AZ POY.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #11678 on: December 10, 2017, 06:37:20 PM »
Could mean nothing, but both Markus and Stan are following the mom of Dane Kuiper New Mexico Lobos, JR 6'7 G/F. Looks like Markus has some Arizona ties to him, but Stan just recently followed. Sort of weird, but assume Stan recruited him at A.State - 2015 AZ POY.

Wouldn't see this as a recruit for MU, imo
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11679 on: December 10, 2017, 08:17:25 PM »
Yeah it will be very interesting. Chemistry seems great now, but everyone is getting a lot of minutes and contributing.  We will drop 35 min from Rowsey, but need to find starter level minutes for Morrow, Froling, and Joey, someone will not be happy. Cain and Elliott are going to expect bigger roles as well.

I would expect Elliott to take on the Lions share of Rowseys minutes unless someone falls into our laps

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11680 on: December 10, 2017, 09:22:18 PM »
That occurred to me.   That Wiscy looked like Buzz's last year when the team was basically Jamil and Davante.    Although I think Derrick and Jake might be better than what Wisconsin played with yesterday.

That team was 9-7 in the Big East before losing their final 2 games by 1 point in double OT. As bad as the BIG is this year (2-12 in the ACC challenge?) I think Bucky would be happy to go into their final 2 games in that position.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #11681 on: December 10, 2017, 09:47:58 PM »
It will be interesting to see how all the pieces for together next season.  Can't remember a bigger mu team in my lifetime. ...but there will still be so much shooting on the floor. Scary good combination

Oneil had some huge teams
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #11682 on: December 10, 2017, 11:56:24 PM »
It will be interesting to see how all the pieces for together next season.  Can't remember a bigger mu team in my lifetime. ...but there will still be so much shooting on the floor. Scary good combination

I actually had the thought today while watching a replay of the game--what are the chances that Theo John redshirt next year?  Assuming Heldt and Froling have the 5 on lockdown, and Morrow and Joey taking the bulk of the minutes at the 4, with Eke there to provide depth, could be a great opportunity to take a guy like that and work on developing an outside shot and handle.  He needs less polish than the typical redshirt candidate, but given the logjam, I wonder if it might be in the cards.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:18:59 AM by MUMountin »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11683 on: December 11, 2017, 01:15:46 AM »
I actually had the thought today while watching a replay of the game--what are the chances that Theo John redshirt next year?  Assuming Heldt and Froling have the 5 on lockdown, and McMorrow and Joey taking the bulk of the minutes at the 4, with Eke there to provide depth, could be a great opportunity to take a guy like that and work on developing an outside shot and handle.  He needs less polish than the typical redshirt candidate, but given the logjam, I wonder if it might be in the cards.

Less than 0 unless he's hurt. Kids who are productive, albeit on the learning curve as freshmen don't just volunteer to sit out a year.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11684 on: December 11, 2017, 08:10:24 AM »
I actually had the thought today while watching a replay of the game--what are the chances that Theo John redshirt next year?  Assuming Heldt and Froling have the 5 on lockdown, and McMorrow and Joey taking the bulk of the minutes at the 4, with Eke there to provide depth, could be a great opportunity to take a guy like that and work on developing an outside shot and handle.  He needs less polish than the typical redshirt candidate, but given the logjam, I wonder if it might be in the cards.
I was thinking the same thing.  Where are his minutes going to come from next year?  The way I see it, next year we have 2 guards (Howard, Elliott), 4 wings (Anim, Cain, S Hauser, Bailey?) and 6 big men (Heldt, Froling, Morrow, Eke, John, J Hauser).  Gonna be hard figuring out how to distribute the big men minutes.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #11685 on: December 11, 2017, 08:17:48 AM »
I agree on that.  If Gard does not change the style to todays game,  no one wants to walk the ball up the court all the time.  They had one fastbreak attempt yesterday
and did not even score on that.  Style is antiquated.  Wojo style is what the kids want to play, play fast and try and play smart.   What is happening at Wisky is what
happened with Buzz, besides Happ there is no senior class and junior class that is Happ, and 4 below average players.  Losing Hauser, spending a great deal of time
recruiting a kid that was not going to Wisky, was a big mistake on Gards part.
   Then Herro,  this going to be along uphill battle now.  Next year they will be a tad better
if Happ stays.  But still not very good.  Needs a big recruiting class moving forward, can he do that, I do not know.  All those kids that were at the game were from Wisconsin, has to recruit nationally.

Not if getting Joey was the key to keeping Herro committed.  People here were pretty happy to get Joey's commitment, given that there was no chance he was going to Wisconsin.  :)
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #11686 on: December 11, 2017, 08:22:25 AM »
I was thinking the same thing.  Where are his minutes going to come from next year?  The way I see it, next year we have 2 guards (Howard, Elliott), 4 wings (Anim, Cain, S Hauser, Bailey?) and 6 big men (Heldt, Froling, Morrow, Eke, John, J Hauser).  Gonna be hard figuring out how to distribute the big men minutes.

1) Howard, Elliott
2) Cain, Anim, Sam
3) Sam, Bailey, Joey
4) Morrow, Joey, Froiling
5) heldt, John, Froiling, Eke

This is in of course no obvious order. But I don't think the minutes will be spread too thin. We have players with real good ball handling skills hat albeit tall and not the "prototype" can play PG. we also have very players that can play the 3-5 no problem because of height and skill.
You could put a line up of
Elliott
Sam
Joey
Morrow/Theo
Heldt/froiling

On the court and be HUGE!!! And they all have skills.

Howard
Anim/Cain
Sam
Joey
Morrow/Theo

And they would be shorter and dearly shooting the ball.

Next years team will be able to mix and match so well.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11687 on: December 11, 2017, 08:30:27 AM »
1) Howard, Elliott
2) Cain, Anim, Sam
3) Sam, Bailey, Joey
4) Morrow, Joey, Froiling
5) heldt, John, Froiling, Eke

This is in of course no obvious order. But I don't think the minutes will be spread too thin. We have players with real good ball handling skills hat albeit tall and not the "prototype" can play PG. we also have very players that can play the 3-5 no problem because of height and skill.
Elliott
Sam
Joey
Morrow/Theo
Heldt/froiling

On the court and be HUGE!!! And they all have skills.

Howard
Anim/Cain
Sam
Joey
Morrow/Theo

And they would be shorter and dearly shooting the ball.

Next years team will be able to mix and match so well.

I don't see the ball handling you do.  If only one of Howard and Elliott is on the floor, I would press the heck out of that team.  Neither of those guys are the kind of guy you just give the ball to and say "beat the press".  I think Elliott and Howard are going to play together a lot.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #11688 on: December 11, 2017, 08:53:07 AM »
Yeah the ability to match up against any kind of team next year will be awesome.

I see a TON of 4-out, 1-in possibility with:
- Howard
- Sacar/Elliot/potential grad transfer
- Sam
- Joey
- Morrow
where you surround an offensive rebound machine in Morrow with shooters everywhere

Or you can go big with:
- Howard
- Sam
- Joey
- Morrow
- Froling
where you surround Howard with 6'8", 6'9", 6'9", 6'10" - 3 of which can stroke from deep

While I'll obviously miss Rowsey and how electrifying he consistently is on offense, some of the lineups next season have me salivating.

EDIT: I now see fjm had almost the exact same lineup thoughts as I did. Can't wait.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:54:38 AM by onepostwarrior »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11689 on: December 11, 2017, 09:01:23 AM »
As I sit here today, Dec. 11, 2017, the very last thing I worry about is next year's chemistry because we will have too much talent.

That is the kind of "problem" Self and Calipari and Roy and K and Izzo have to deal with regularly. We'll see how good an ego-manager Wojo is.

Just a month ago, it looked like Haani would be part of the too-much-talent crew of 2018-19. Stuff happens.

I'll take too much talent vs. the alternative, thank you.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:43:21 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #11690 on: December 11, 2017, 09:17:56 AM »
Yeah the ability to match up against any kind of team next year will be awesome.

I see a TON of 4-out, 1-in possibility with:
- Howard
- Sacar/Elliot/potential grad transfer
- Sam
- Joey
- Morrow
where you surround an offensive rebound machine in Morrow with shooters everywhere

Or you can go big with:
- Howard
- Sam
- Joey
- Morrow
- Froling
where you surround Howard with 6'8", 6'9", 6'9", 6'10" - 3 of which can stroke from deep

While I'll obviously miss Rowsey and how electrifying he consistently is on offense, some of the lineups next season have me salivating.

EDIT: I now see fjm had almost the exact same lineup thoughts as I did. Can't wait.

I would not rule out the only senior getting some starting time since he will probably start most of this year.  Does all the little things, barely makes mistakes, and
you need one player that does not mind setting picks.  Lets see how Froling plays before everybody makes him a savior.  Matt did a hell of job on Happ.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11691 on: December 11, 2017, 09:46:17 AM »
I'm not saying Froling will be a savior. I'm saying that if he will give us another big, which we desperately need, and he will give us another offensive option, which we also need.

If he proves to be better than Heldt - as Jay Bilas and others more knowledgeable than I am say he will be - that would not be especially surprising. Heldt is almost the definition of "serviceable."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #11692 on: December 11, 2017, 09:52:14 AM »
I'm not saying Froling will be a savior. I'm saying that if he will give us another big, which we desperately need, and he will give us another offensive option, which we also need.

If he proves to be better than Heldt - as Jay Bilas and others more knowledgeable than I am say he will be - that would not be especially surprising. Heldt is almost the definition of "serviceable."

I have seen Froling play, not sure what he brings to the table as the offense right now does not run thru the center.  If Wojo uses Froling like the other 2 centers, then
basically MU has another 5 fouls.  I will have a different opinion once I see how Wojo uses him.  I do think you might see him play along side the other centers, time will tell.
t

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #11693 on: December 11, 2017, 10:06:19 AM »
I have seen Froling play, not sure what he brings to the table as the offense right now does not run thru the center.  If Wojo uses Froling like the other 2 centers, then
basically MU has another 5 fouls.  I will have a different opinion once I see how Wojo uses him.  I do think you might see him play along side the other centers, time will tell.
t
Froling is a big man who can step out and hit the 3. Draws the other teams big away from the basket and allows our little guards to penetrate without a big guarding the basket, that is what I see Froling's biggest contribution being.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #11694 on: December 11, 2017, 10:17:11 AM »
I would not rule out the only senior getting some starting time since he will probably start most of this year.  Does all the little things, barely makes mistakes, and
you need one player that does not mind setting picks.  Lets see how Froling plays before everybody makes him a savior.  Matt did a hell of job on Happ.

Where do I ever mention Froling as a "savior"??  I simply included him in a potentially terrifying lineup I envision for next year.

Heldt is what he is: a starter in the mid major ranks and a serviceable backup in the high major ranks.  I love having him in the fold but let's not act like he's a better option going forward than Froling.  Froling is undoubtedly the best center we have.  Without question.  The comp, IMO, is a better shooting Henry Ellenson Lite.

I think you'll end up eating your "not sure what he brings to the table" comment.  Wojo won't be using Froling like the other 2 centers because he's so much better offensively than our other 2 centers.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:19:39 AM by onepostwarrior »

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #11695 on: December 11, 2017, 10:21:45 AM »
Froling is a big man who can step out and hit the 3. Draws the other teams big away from the basket and allows our little guards to penetrate without a big guarding the basket, that is what I see Froling's biggest contribution being.

That might be true, if you watch the O today, there is no plays for the center to jack up a 3, much less a 15 footer.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #11696 on: December 11, 2017, 10:29:19 AM »
That might be true, if you watch the O today, there is no plays for the center to jack up a 3, much less a 15 footer.

It doesn't seem that hard to modify a play from a pick-and-roll for Heldt/John to crash the basket to a pick-and-pop for Froling to hit a jumper.  We already run some of those plays with Hauser--this just gives you another option to run it.  Just because it hasn't been part of the offense doesn't mean it can't be added when you have the right personnel to execute it.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #11697 on: December 11, 2017, 10:39:09 AM »
It doesn't seem that hard to modify a play from a pick-and-roll for Heldt/John to crash the basket to a pick-and-pop for Froling to hit a jumper.  We already run some of those plays with Hauser--this just gives you another option to run it.  Just because it hasn't been part of the offense doesn't mean it can't be added when you have the right personnel to execute it.

I totally agree, but lets see how Wojo changes the O.  MU players really do not drive to the hoop, looking for a pick to shoot the 3.  It will be interesting.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #11698 on: December 11, 2017, 10:41:25 AM »
Where do I ever mention Froling as a "savior"??  I simply included him in a potentially terrifying lineup I envision for next year.

Heldt is what he is: a starter in the mid major ranks and a serviceable backup in the high major ranks.  I love having him in the fold but let's not act like he's a better option going forward than Froling.  Froling is undoubtedly the best center we have.  Without question.  The comp, IMO, is a better shooting Henry Ellenson Lite.

I think you'll end up eating your "not sure what he brings to the table" comment.  Wojo won't be using Froling like the other 2 centers because he's so much better offensively than our other 2 centers.

U did u typed “savior”
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #11699 on: December 11, 2017, 10:49:03 AM »
Can't wait until these 2 cupcake games to get Froling worked into the offense and ready for BE play

feedback