[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8337399 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Recruiting as of 9/15/17
« Reply #9925 on: October 11, 2017, 02:12:38 PM »
I'd be very worried about Kansas if I were QG.

I would too. Going along this line of thinking,  wouldn't it make sense for any top recruit to hold off committing until more of the dominoes fall? Why go to a blue blood is they are going to get sanctioned? Or why miss on going to a blue blood is they don't end up sanctioned?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

blikemike2

• Starter
« Reply #9926 on: October 11, 2017, 02:15:57 PM »
I have to imagine that Self is very involved in the current happenings.

Are you guessing?? This is quite a statement and I would hope we're not just throwing crap out there and we end up looking stupid etc.......

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #9927 on: October 11, 2017, 02:16:07 PM »
I would too. Going along this line of thinking,  wouldn't it make sense for any top recruit to hold off committing until more of the dominoes fall? Why go to a blue blood is they are going to get sanctioned? Or why miss on going to a blue blood is they don't end up sanctioned?

Perhaps that is why we're hearing the inklings that he may wait until spring to decide.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #9928 on: October 11, 2017, 02:19:54 PM »

Are you guessing?? This is quite a statement and I would hope we're not just throwing crap out there and we end up looking stupid etc.......

Lol, relax. Why is that such a significant statement?  Kansas is one of the most prominent Adidas schools.  They recruit at a high level every year including many 1 and done lottery picks.  It doesn't take all that much to connect them with what is going on. But no, I don't have any concrete evidence of anything, but like I said, if I were QG, I'd be worried about Kansas.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9929 on: October 11, 2017, 02:31:52 PM »

I think right now there are questions about every major program.  Most schools have skeletons in their closet.  Question is which ones will be brought to light.

The only recruitment I would worry about as a Kansas fan would be Wiggins. IIRC,  he was heavily favored to Kentucky and had grown up a Nike kid. Out of nowhere he commits to KU and later signs with adidas.  Could be misrembering but I remember thinking it was odd. Not sure the probe is going that far back though
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9930 on: October 11, 2017, 02:34:53 PM »
I think right now there are questions about every major program.  Most schools have skeletons in their closet.  Question is which ones will be brought to light.

The only recruitment I would worry about as a Kansas fan would be Wiggins. IIRC,  he was heavily favored to Kentucky and had grown up a Nike kid. Out of nowhere he commits to KU and later signs with adidas.  Could be misrembering but I remember thinking it was odd. Not sure the probe is going that far back though

Carlton Bragg.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

blikemike2

• Starter
« Reply #9931 on: October 11, 2017, 02:36:20 PM »
Lol, relax. Why is that such a significant statement?  Kansas is one of the most prominent Adidas schools.  They recruit at a high level every year including many 1 and done lottery picks.  It doesn't take all that much to connect them with what is going on. But no, I don't have any concrete evidence of anything, but like I said, if I were QG, I'd be worried about Kansas.

Its been clearly reported that the Adidas reps arrested were not involved with Kansas, I just think its not very bright to be throwing crap out there, if you think posting that will help us Grimes I don't think that's smart either. Lets not be irresponsible like a lot of other fandoms are being. Stay classy scoopers (just my 2 cents)   

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9932 on: October 11, 2017, 02:39:33 PM »

Its been clearly reported that the Adidas reps arrested were not involved with Kansas, I just think its not very bright to be throwing crap out there, if you think posting that will help us Grimes I don't think that's smart either. Lets not be irresponsible like a lot of other fandoms are being. Stay classy scoopers (just my 2 cents)

I don't think there's a single person that is more than your "casual" college basketball fan who isn't/hasn't discussed "who's next?"  That includes head coaches at literally every school in the country.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #9933 on: October 11, 2017, 03:20:33 PM »

Josh Jackson came out of no where. Michigan St thought they were a lock and that Arizona was the biggest threat. My MSU friends are still bitter about that and refer to Self as Dollar Bill.

Also, I think the Cliff Alexander recruitment was pretty sketchy but I don't remember for sure
Bring back FFP!!!

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #9934 on: October 11, 2017, 03:29:14 PM »

Dude, this is a message board, not the NY Times.

I highly doubt that QG reads this board, but if he does, I don't think a post mentioning Kansas may be tied to Adidas scandal is going to change his mind (or be the first time he's contemplated it) one way or the other.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9935 on: October 11, 2017, 07:09:54 PM »

No, that's definitely not the scoop way.

But really, as others have said, there is a lot of dirt to be brought to light,  whether Adidas, UA or Nike. I doubt that QG will be second guessing KU when there hasn't been smoke there.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #9936 on: October 11, 2017, 07:44:04 PM »
Dotson announcing on Friday at 6 pm

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #9937 on: October 11, 2017, 07:55:33 PM »
Dotson announcing on Friday at 6 pm

Central or Eastern?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #9938 on: October 11, 2017, 08:09:54 PM »
Since he is announcing in NC I assume eastern

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #9939 on: October 11, 2017, 09:08:06 PM »
Since he is announcing in NC I assume eastern

Heard it's strictly Hollywood for this announcement. Add trey.

Tough read, though. Imagine, Terps or elsewhere...' oooh, dissed KU'. But, why, really?

I think if kids commit to a school now and the school gets dinged later, they'll be blessed with the opp to transfer with immediate eligibility. Have seen it many a time. Truth is, kids have it easy  -- their contracts mean little.. coaches... their contracts are adhered to usually
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9940 on: October 11, 2017, 09:13:58 PM »
Josh Jackson came out of no where. Michigan St thought they were a lock and that Arizona was the biggest threat. My MSU friends are still bitter about that and refer to Self as Dollar Bill.

Bingo. Jackson’s then Adidas AAU coach (Christian Dawkins) has already been indicted. Also has ties to Bowen.

Smoke meet fire.

https://www.chatsports.com/ncaa/a/3-nba-players-linked-sports-agent-charged-funneling-money-suspended-louisville-player-fbi-investigation-35613

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9941 on: October 11, 2017, 09:40:12 PM »

LOL. What do they call Izzo? I remember all the MSU fans alleging that Buzz paid for Branden Dawson, saying that he was only coming to Marquette because Buzz paid for the commitment. They got quiet real quick when he committed to Michigan State.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #9942 on: October 12, 2017, 08:42:15 AM »
LOL. What do they call Izzo? I remember all the MSU fans alleging that Buzz paid for Branden Dawson, saying that he was only coming to Marquette because Buzz paid for the commitment. They got quiet real quick when he committed to Michigan State.

They think Izzo walks on water. I'm always quick to remind them that Wojo owns Izzo though
Bring back FFP!!!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #9943 on: October 12, 2017, 09:11:40 AM »
Bingo. Jackson’s then Adidas AAU coach (Christian Dawkins) has already been indicted. Also has ties to Bowen.

Smoke meet fire.

https://www.chatsports.com/ncaa/a/3-nba-players-linked-sports-agent-charged-funneling-money-suspended-louisville-player-fbi-investigation-35613

Dayummmmmmm I like it!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #9944 on: October 12, 2017, 09:36:20 AM »
Heard it's strictly Hollywood for this announcement. Add trey.

Tough read, though. Imagine, Terps or elsewhere...' oooh, dissed KU'. But, why, really?

I think if kids commit to a school now and the school gets dinged later, they'll be blessed with the opp to transfer with immediate eligibility. Have seen it many a time. Truth is, kids have it easy  -- their contracts mean little.. coaches... their contracts are adhered to usually
He can commit wherever he wants right now. It does not matter until he actually signs.
Maybe NCAA should suspend the early signing period for this year.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9945 on: October 12, 2017, 10:49:19 AM »
https://www.chatsports.com/kansas-jayhawks/a/fbi-has-documents-detailing-kansas-involvement-adidas-college-basketball-investigation-35749

Another article by the same guy trying to link Kansas to the FBI probe. It should be noted that he is a South Carolina grad and the Gamecocks are currently one of Kansas' main competitors for Zion Williamson.

However, the information in this article is correct. From the KU's university newspaper:

http://www.kansan.com/sports/fbi-says-it-cannot-release-documents-regarding-ku-involvement-with/article_af64a0ec-aeee-11e7-8c18-0b11a775fd20.html

This seems to confirm that FBI is at least investigating KU. But I imagine they are investigating a lot of places, doesn't mean there was wrong doing. Still, lots of smoke....it may be enough to at least delay a Grimes to KU commitment.

EDIT: I may actually be wrong about what this confirms.  There's a line in the actual response from the FBI that says "This is a standard notification given to all of our requesters and should not be taken as an indication that excluded records do or do not exist." If I'm reading that correctly, it could mean that there are no records but the FBI will not confirm or deny their existence due to the ongoing investigation.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:00:12 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9946 on: October 12, 2017, 10:57:33 AM »
https://www.chatsports.com/kansas-jayhawks/a/fbi-has-documents-detailing-kansas-involvement-adidas-college-basketball-investigation-35749

Another article by the same guy trying to link Kansas to the FBI probe. It should be noted that he is a South Carolina grad and the Gamecocks are currently one of Kansas' main competitors for Zion Williamson.

However, the information in this article is correct. From the KU's university newspaper:

http://www.kansan.com/sports/fbi-says-it-cannot-release-documents-regarding-ku-involvement-with/article_af64a0ec-aeee-11e7-8c18-0b11a775fd20.html

This seems to confirm that FBI is at least investigating KU. But I imagine they are investigating a lot of places, doesn't mean there was wrong doing. Still, lots of smoke....it may be enough to at least delay a Grimes to KU commitment.

Correct.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #9947 on: October 12, 2017, 11:01:12 AM »

The video posted the other day where he mentions maybe waiting to spring to see who's still around, made me think: 1.) UK returnees and 2.) potential fallout (maybe 3, Markus Howard status?)

Hope we can make all that a moot point on his visit and he doesn't need to wait on any outside factors

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9948 on: October 12, 2017, 11:11:50 AM »
The video posted the other day where he mentions maybe waiting to spring to see who's still around, made me think: 1.) UK returnees and 2.) potential fallout (maybe 3, Markus Howard status?)

Hope we can make all that a moot point on his visit and he doesn't need to wait on any outside factors

There is going to be so much fallout that there will be programs screwed up for years.  Hoping this brings down a lot of the slime that has been around for decades.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9949 on: October 12, 2017, 11:15:59 AM »

Agreed.

Honestly, if I'm QG I would wait to commit until the spring, unless I'm going to Marquette or Texas. UK and KU both have potential to get caught up in the fallout from this. Plus both schools could have some experienced guards coming back. UK has two top 30 type PGs in their 2017 class that may or may not go pro, not to mention Immanuel Quickley already signed up. KU has the potential for up to 6 guards returning in Newman, Moore, Garrett, Vick, Cunliffe, and K Lawson....none of whom are locks to go pro. Plus, they may land Dotson tomorrow and are the favorite for Langford. Why not wait and see who leaves, who stays, and who gets sanctioned?
TAMU