[Today at 02:42:45 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8337722 times)

Badgerhoney

• Walk-On
Re: Recruiting as of 7/15/16
« Reply #4100 on: September 25, 2016, 05:40:25 PM »
This is some pretty thoughtful analysis. He must be one of the country's best recruiting experts with inside information others don't have. Outstanding post.

Thank you.  It was an outstanding post, and you are welcome.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 7/15/16
« Reply #4101 on: September 25, 2016, 06:32:06 PM »
As I stated, Herro to Wisconsin or Arizona.  Glad to have him in the fold.

Next, Nobal Days.  Down to Marquette and Wisconsin.  He will be a Badger.

Lots of time for Wisconsin's coach to be found out as a cheater who spends as much time having some side fun as he does recruiting. It's a prereq to get a job in UW's athletic department. Maybe the Herro's will still be a fan of Guard then, maybe they won't.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheer4MU

• Walk-On
Re: Recruiting as of 9/15/16
« Reply #4102 on: September 25, 2016, 07:23:01 PM »
Interview with Nobal Days and his father...

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/nobal-days-staying-humble-amidst-national-recruiting-buzz/article_cb871303-5a96-5ae3-b05e-cddcaf7d2ffc.html

“We know that this basketball thing is short-lived,” Al said. “He’s going to have to get a job eventually and academics are the key. I think a lot of coaches are coming to see Nobal because they get last year’s transcripts.”

If his father wants him to graduate, he shouldnt go to UW ;)

http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/04/03/when-it-comes-graduation-heres-real-ncaa-final-four-winner

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4103 on: September 25, 2016, 07:29:57 PM »
Right.  Too busy getting some on the side to graduate players
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #4104 on: September 25, 2016, 09:17:45 PM »
http://journaltimes.com/news/local/nobal-days-staying-humble-amidst-national-recruiting-buzz/article_cb871303-5a96-5ae3-b05e-cddcaf7d2ffc.html

Great article. Thanks for posting. Pretty cool the experience and advice he's getting from players like Jabari Parker and Caron Butler.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4105 on: September 25, 2016, 11:19:57 PM »
This kid has big size and upside. Xavier may be filling out their dance card. Could move Levi Stockard back in our direction.

https://twitter.com/BLUEChip_Miller/status/780169887964540928
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4106 on: September 26, 2016, 11:14:03 AM »
However, I think the likely hood of signing both is only 15%.

50% X only
30% French only
15% both.
Neither 5%

I think x is 50/50  not signing when at MSU was a big deal.

Any news after the visit?

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #4107 on: September 26, 2016, 11:32:09 AM »
Yes.  Does anyone have any insights how the visit went?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4108 on: September 26, 2016, 11:39:09 AM »
The Tweets MUFINY has shared from his mom are probably the most inside you can get.  It sounds like she was very impressed with the visit.  But it also seems like she's been impressed with all the visits he took.  All her pictures of the decision to come have MSU, MU, and Purdue, but no Florida.  So it seems like it's down to those 3.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4109 on: September 26, 2016, 11:44:44 AM »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4110 on: September 26, 2016, 11:51:15 AM »
Chip Miller @BLUEChip_Miller
Four-star forward Xavier Tillman (@Rookiedunker) will announce his decision between Mich St, Purdue or Marquette at 12:50 pm ET this Friday.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4111 on: September 26, 2016, 12:00:49 PM »
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4112 on: September 26, 2016, 01:16:58 PM »
Mark Miller has Hasahn French going to MU

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Hasahn-French-at-Commonwealth-Academy-151504/CurrentExpertPredictions

He does, but that's also three weeks ago. No bearing on this week's events.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #4113 on: September 26, 2016, 01:28:37 PM »
He does, but that's also three weeks ago. No bearing on this week's events.

If Tillman says yes, I doubt French will be showing up, just my thoughts.  I really do not like oversigning as well.  Duane would be the likely player, probably graduates,
either transfers or goes to Europe to earn some money.  If Duane, does leave, they could use a 2 guard to back-up Cheatham.  If they both commit, then Eke should
redshirt.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4114 on: September 26, 2016, 01:36:50 PM »
If Tillman says yes, I doubt French will be showing up, just my thoughts.  I really do not like oversigning as well.  Duane would be the likely player, probably graduates,
either transfers or goes to Europe to earn some money.  If Duane, does leave, they could use a 2 guard to back-up Cheatham.  If they both commit, then Eke should
redshirt.

Agreed.  MU won't oversign, but if they did it wouldn't be for another inside player.  They want to get a big next year and in 2019, too.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4115 on: September 26, 2016, 01:43:04 PM »
redshirt.

Agreed. Would really create an unbalance going forward. If we get Tillman, stop at that point. If Duane or Rowsey go grad transfer, address the hole in April. Ideal class for 2018 would be Joey Hauser and Ayo Dosunmu.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #4116 on: September 26, 2016, 01:44:57 PM »
Mom Tillman has laid out the plan:

https://twitter.com/tanyabball/status/780173770518593541

The choice between the three is certainly very clear.

Michigan St.
Local — just 1 hour from Grand Rapids
Small town — Neighbors Lansing (half the size of Madison)
Big state school — 9th largest university in the U.S.
Blue blood — 7 Final Fours, 1 national title since 1999
National athletics brand — Big 10 school, Top 10 football team

Purdue
Next door — 4 hours across the Michigan-Indiana border
Small town — Neighbors Lafayette (half the size of Madison)
Big state school — 40,000 students
Strong program — 8 NCAA appearances since 2007
Basketball focus — Purdue has Big 10 football in name only
Lower pressure — Outside home state, Purdue doesn't have the same high expectations as MSU

Marquette
Next door — 5 hours by car, 4 by car/ferry
Big city — Top 40 metropolitan area
Small, private school — just 12,000 students
Proud but tarnished program — No NCAA appearances for 3 years
Basketball focus — No Division I football whatsoever
Lower pressure — Outside home state, etc.

Hopefully this is a situation similar to Markus Howard, where we beat out both the local big schools (Arizona, Arizona St.) and the next door big school (Cal). Recommendations from Cain and Eke are sure to help, but likely won't be the deciding factor.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #4117 on: September 26, 2016, 02:08:50 PM »
Agreed. Would really create an unbalance going forward. If we get Tillman, stop at that point. If Duane or Rowsey go grad transfer, address the hole in April. Ideal class for 2018 would be Joey Hauser and Ayo Dosunmu.

If we use Duane or Rowsys scholarship,in the spring that only leaves 2 for 2018.....1 goes to Bailey.....the other is hopefully for Joey......leaving us short 1 scholarship for a guard.

I don't think Ayo is seriously considering MU.......seems like the staff is pursuing Grimes.....who will also be a very tough get.

If a scholarship opens up in spring I would bank it or try the grad transfer route.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #4118 on: September 26, 2016, 02:13:12 PM »
Have to get a PG with next years class, so they're a frosh with Traci as a senior and Howard as a junior....otherwise we risk running into last years issue in 2019 and 2020.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4119 on: September 26, 2016, 02:25:02 PM »
If we use Duane or Rowsys scholarship,in the spring that only leaves 2 for 2018.....1 goes to Bailey.....the other is hopefully for Joey......leaving us short 1 scholarship for a guard.

I don't think Ayo is seriously considering MU.......seems like the staff is pursuing Grimes.....who will also be a very tough get.

If a scholarship opens up in spring I would bank it or try the grad transfer route.

Personally, I'd only look at grad transfers for that scholarship unless there's a point guard they like. As eng noted, we need to get a PG in 2018. Honestly, if we only had one scholarship, getting a quality PG would be more important than Joey Hauser.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #4120 on: September 26, 2016, 02:47:20 PM »
The choice between the three is certainly very clear.

Michigan St.
Top 10 football team

Hold on there...

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4121 on: September 26, 2016, 03:11:29 PM »

I have no idea how Bailey would react to this class. When he committed last year playing time was wide open for him. Add another big or 2 to this class and all of a sudden playing time is a lot harder to come by for Bailey. I am sure Wojo would still want Bailey, but Bailey may not see the opportunity he did when he signed. I also think this could hurt our chances with Joey, although if he is as good as people say he is, it should not matter. I do think it will hurt us in trying to sign Noble. Wisconsin right now will have plenty of spots available in the front line when Noble is a freshmen while we will have a team full of junior bigmen. That is the downside of signing a lopsided class.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #4122 on: September 26, 2016, 03:27:57 PM »
I have no idea how Bailey would react to this class. When he committed last year playing time was wide open for him. Add another big or 2 to this class and all of a sudden playing time is a lot harder to come by for Bailey. I am sure Wojo would still want Bailey, but Bailey may not see the opportunity he did when he signed. I also think this could hurt our chances with Joey, although if he is as good as people say he is, it should not matter. I do think it will hurt us in trying to sign Noble. Wisconsin right now will have plenty of spots available in the front line when Noble is a freshmen while we will have a team full of junior bigmen. That is the downside of signing a lopsided class.

Not to project too far, but if we get Tillman....the four players in this years class are not likely to all be here 2 or 3 years from now. Nobel and Hauser, etc, if talented enough will have space on the roster we can provide.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #4123 on: September 26, 2016, 03:30:30 PM »

Bailey is more of a 2-3 than a 4 given how well he shoots. I think he will be fine.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4124 on: September 26, 2016, 03:33:40 PM »
Bailey is a going to be shooting 2/3 and as several have pointed out he is coming from a two year mission where he has very little time to stay in shape / basketball ready. I think he will be fine as Haanif will be a senior, Sam a Junior and Jamil a Sophomore. So Bailey is coming into a balanced situation at the 2/3 and will see a lot of opportunity. As far as Tillman/French I say first come first serve and move on to signing day. They have slightly different games but both are Big East ready bodies and will compliment what we have on the roster/committed very well.
                       ---Al McGuire