[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8338085 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Recruiting as of 7/1/16
« Reply #2525 on: July 23, 2016, 01:09:00 PM »
It seems the Badgers do not put out offers all over place.  They go after a very few and if they do not get them, they go for Plan B.  I think Al was the same
way, did not put out alot of offers.   Herro and Hauser are by far the #1 recruits for Wisky and MU.  I am not sure Whisky has put out another offer for 2018.
For 2017, they seemed to get the players they wanted from the start, which is great way to recruit.

Don't believe everything you read on verbal commits. Its handy for seeing current players but their offer lists are notoriously incomplete.

But you are right in general. Gard seems to be more targeted in his recruiting. There are strengths and weaknesses to that approach. If your assumption is right and Hauser and Herro are Wisky's only 2018 targets, what happens when they both commit to MU?  8-)
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 7/15/16
« Reply #2526 on: July 23, 2016, 01:19:52 PM »
Mkay, I just deleted the guys we had previously struck.  If any crop back up let's revisit.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #2527 on: July 23, 2016, 01:32:14 PM »
It seems the Badgers do not put out offers all over place.  They go after a very few and if they do not get them, they go for Plan B.  I think Al was the same
way, did not put out alot of offers.   Herro and Hauser are by far the #1 recruits for Wisky and MU.  I am not sure Whisky has put out another offer for 2018.
For 2017, they seemed to get the players they wanted from the start, which is great way to recruit.

I'm happy for you and the Badgers.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2528 on: July 23, 2016, 01:41:05 PM »
Alright, alright, you win brew.  I added a couple more.  That list is so long that Ners should be on it.

I know that JB had hoped I'd do AAU stuff but that's above my pay grade.  But I do have an idea.  Maybe we should list the TOP (and I mean top) targets in a special color.  I've used red for 'updated'.  Thoughts?

Haircut time boys.  When somebody drops out let's hear about it.  And let's please try to keep the extraneous crap out of here.  I really believe folks try to read and keep up with this.  Thanks again men.

Marquette was watching Finke today for stl eagles. He has an offer.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #2529 on: July 23, 2016, 02:19:31 PM »
Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10  2h2 hours ago
Tyler Herro one of the most effortless, silky smooth scorers around. Bc, Wiscy, Michigan, Iowa St, Creighton, Purdue, Arizona, Marq here
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2530 on: July 23, 2016, 02:35:24 PM »
It would be great if we could sign Lewis and Nwora. They would be an interesting combination on the floor.

Those two are a lot more similar than you might think.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2531 on: July 23, 2016, 03:25:47 PM »
Those two are a lot more similar than you might think.
I like that they are both coaches sons and hard workers. A good combination.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #2532 on: July 23, 2016, 05:16:00 PM »
Matt Jessen-Howard ‏@mjessenhoward  1h1 hour ago Spring Valley High School
Among those talking to @GabrielKalsche1: Arizona, Arkansas, IU, Marquette, and Wisconsin. #Gophers have offered.

J.B. Bauer ‏@JBBauer612  3h3 hours ago
#mubb's Stan Johnson here for D1 Minnesota 16's, who lead District BC 31-15. Race Thompson w/a nice start. Shae Mitchell now getting busy.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2533 on: July 23, 2016, 07:23:22 PM »
Matt Jessen-Howard ‏@mjessenhoward  1h1 hour ago Spring Valley High School
Among those talking to @GabrielKalsche1: Arizona, Arkansas, IU, Marquette, and Wisconsin. #Gophers have offered.

J.B. Bauer ‏@JBBauer612  3h3 hours ago
#mubb's Stan Johnson here for D1 Minnesota 16's, who lead District BC 31-15. Race Thompson w/a nice start. Shae Mitchell now getting busy.

^^^ Matt is a good kid

Gabe I like. Goes to Sacar's HS. Playing up a year.

Just watched Nobal & crew win again. Marcus Domask, though!

Joey on one court, Race on another on deck in an hour+

Race just had a monster game in a 73-70 win

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2534 on: July 23, 2016, 08:56:30 PM »
^^^ Matt is a good kid

Gabe I like. Goes to Sacar's HS. Playing up a year.

Just watched Nobal & crew win again. Marcus Domask, though!

Joey on one court, Race on another on deck in an hour+

Race just had a monster game in a 73-70 win
Hopefully we are showing Race some love.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2535 on: July 24, 2016, 09:59:48 AM »
Hopefully we are showing Race some love.

I consider Stan Johnson watching his game "some love".
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #2536 on: July 24, 2016, 10:09:40 AM »
I consider Stan Johnson watching his game "some love".

I have never been to Vegas or Homestead to watch but I was wondering, do the coaches get to talk to the players or just have to talk to there parents or AAU coach?  If you can not talk to them, you go back to your hotel and somehow get the kids email address, or text to get to talk to them, how does the offer come to them?  How does
the NCAA regulate this as once the kid leaves the court and is in the parking lot, I have to believe coaches come up to the kid?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2537 on: July 24, 2016, 10:13:10 AM »
Pssst, pssst, hey kid, check out the inside of my coat.  See any scholarship offers you like? Huh? Huh?

Here are some pictures.  Yeah, dorm rooms.  Remember, we never met.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 10:16:17 AM by Crean to Ann Arbor »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2538 on: July 24, 2016, 10:52:37 AM »
I have never been to Vegas or Homestead to watch but I was wondering, do the coaches get to talk to the players or just have to talk to there parents or AAU coach?  If you can not talk to them, you go back to your hotel and somehow get the kids email address, or text to get to talk to them, how does the offer come to them?  How does
the NCAA regulate this as once the kid leaves the court and is in the parking lot, I have to believe coaches come up to the kid?

No calls to players, no talking to coaches. Can talk to parents. Can leave notes for players at the hotel. Can talk to them after the end of the tournament once they leave the locker room. For coaches it's more about being seen and players knowing you're in the stands watching. Rules are changing in August to allow texting during the event.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #2539 on: July 24, 2016, 11:00:51 AM »
In July I didn't think you could talk to the parents either.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 11:22:58 AM by TedBaxter »
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #2540 on: July 24, 2016, 11:33:33 AM »
Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN  14h14 hours ago
Theo John is swatting shots all over. Drive Elite keeps hitting a @Theojohn123 stop sign. Minnesota-HC, Oklahoma, Purdue, Cal,Marquette here

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #2541 on: July 24, 2016, 11:39:53 AM »
Las Vegas: 2018 Race Thompson lists Minnesota, Marquette, Kansas State
(video)

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1688803-las-vegas-2018-thompson-lists-four-schools

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #2542 on: July 24, 2016, 11:55:42 AM »
Theo John is swatting shots all over. Drive Elite keeps hitting a @Theojohn123 stop sign. Minnesota-HC, Oklahoma, Purdue, Cal,Marquette here

MU can offer Theo or the Aussie immediate playing time, how does it look for the other schools?  Not sure what year Hasse is but I think he has 2 years left,
not sure about the land mine in Minny but I would think Cal might be the toughest???

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2543 on: July 24, 2016, 12:11:21 PM »
Thanks for the update. Glad we are in the crowd for Theo. Would love to see him up. Outstanding work ethic and Big East ready body.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2544 on: July 24, 2016, 12:16:59 PM »
Las Vegas: 2018 Race Thompson lists Minnesota, Marquette, Kansas State
(video)

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1688803-las-vegas-2018-thompson-lists-four-schools
Thanks for posting this Excellent video and article. Clearly we need to get him on campus and build the relationship with the future teammates.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2545 on: July 24, 2016, 12:54:24 PM »
Here is an interview with a  very detailed analysis from Xavier Tillman on each school  that I found on the Purdue board .

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/goldandblack-com-video-xavier-tillman-breaks-down-finalists

Xavier is very family oriented so I think that should fit well with what Wojo and Company are communicating about our program.
                       ---Al McGuire

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #2546 on: July 24, 2016, 01:43:50 PM »
Sounds like a great kid.  Well spoken, thoughtful responses.  Easy to like.  Hope he picks Marquette!

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2547 on: July 24, 2016, 02:19:44 PM »
In July I didn't think you could talk to the parents either.

It is permissible while their kid is participating in a certified event. Bylaw 13.1.6.2.1(b)

In women's basketball no communication is permissible during the July evaluation periods.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2548 on: July 24, 2016, 02:28:56 PM »

See Billy's post as well, but to add a little more color.. events separate seating... so, coaches have their own entrance and own seating area. In recent years, media would get lumped in with the coaches... this year they need to be split apart when it comes to viewing games... that worked... eh.. pretty well. But, depending on the event and venue, things could get intermingled just a bit.

Parking lot conversations.. one thing to keep in mind is that the NCAA is out there.. I wouldn't push my luck if I were a coach. NCAA enforcement reps are around... They're not there to be rude, or be police, or 'catch' people doing bad things.. but, more to monitor the events -- to be certified, the event operators must follow various rules and regs..(including separate entrances, seating, etc. for coaches)... but the NCAA folks know the coaches.. if you're standing in the parking lot with a recruit laughing it up, it would be very easy to get spotted.. wouldn't be something you'd want to do.

PS --- D1 Minnesota 17's are on ESPNU shortly (3pm CT today).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2549 on: July 24, 2016, 04:24:56 PM »
Was Race Thompson possibly playing at Homestead last weekend?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter