'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8415858 times)

Litehouse

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 4/15
« Reply #1350 on: May 05, 2016, 09:04:57 AM »
Travis's cousin played for DePaul. I am not sure where John fits in the family, but I do not think he is Travis's brother.
John is cousins with Travis, and also Drake and Drew.

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1351 on: May 05, 2016, 09:15:10 AM »
Thanks for the family background, Drake.

Not sure I get this response. Are you a funny guy on this site?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1352 on: May 05, 2016, 09:18:41 AM »
Not sure I get this response. Are you a funny guy on this site?

Yes.  THE funny guy on this site.  Just ask JamilJaeWhoeverElseIsPartOfHisName.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:21:11 AM by YoungsWorld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1353 on: May 05, 2016, 09:22:51 AM »

You read my mind.

He tries hard though, Swan. Real hard.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1354 on: May 05, 2016, 09:36:13 AM »
I enjoy your posts but you are so off base on John. He is a great shooter, a strong 6'4" that can take care of the ball and is a very willing defender. He is also very unselfish and extremely smart (planning on going to Medical school) on and off the court. While he is not a plus athlete, he makes up for it because he is so strong and will continue to get stronger and like all of the Dieners he will continue to improve and improve.

His father is Tom, the former Vincent and Hamilton coach. His uncle is Dick, the former FDL coach and current assistant at Rockhurst University under his son Drew (John's cousin). Travis is John's first cousin as are Drake and Drew.

One of Crean's biggest mistake was not recruiting Drake, instead signing Menard...wow. Drake would have been key to making the NCAA tourney in 2004-05. He went on to a have a great career in Europe where he led the Italian League in scoring and was named MVP 3 years ago.
You might be right, just my opinion. I've been watching him since 6th grade and I think he is a pretty good high school player. I'm not sure about your term "willing defender." Just because you have the will to defend doesn't mean you get it done. Not sure he could even stay close to a shooting guard like say Duane Wilson. I will admit he has better feet than it looks like he should because of his tennis background, but I just don't see him defending Big East talent. He is a good spot up shooter, one of the better ones -- but give me Keyshawn Justice, his teammate, all day long ahead of him. Listau from Waunakee as well.  I've watched a lot of his high school games and perhaps I'm jaded because he always came across as a shoot-first kid whose dad was the coach and had no repercussions. He did this as a freshman and scored a ton, but it seemed as he was always taking 20+ shots a game and it didn't matter if they were getting crushed as long as he would score. Seemed like his dad always kept him in to boost his totals. I wouldn't say his shot is that quick either. He does hit open 3s, that is for sure.  He is playing much more unselfish on the AAU circuit this season, so maybe he has turned the corner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1355 on: May 05, 2016, 10:15:46 AM »
You read my mind.

He tries hard though, Swan. Real hard.

Dangerously hard.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1356 on: May 05, 2016, 12:02:36 PM »
One of my my dad's former players plays for Rockhurst and has nothing but good things to say about Drew. The player transferred from a D1 school and said it was the best decision he's ever made.

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1357 on: May 05, 2016, 12:46:07 PM »
You might be right, just my opinion. I've been watching him since 6th grade and I think he is a pretty good high school player. I'm not sure about your term "willing defender." Just because you have the will to defend doesn't mean you get it done. Not sure he could even stay close to a shooting guard like say Duane Wilson. I will admit he has better feet than it looks like he should because of his tennis background, but I just don't see him defending Big East talent. He is a good spot up shooter, one of the better ones -- but give me Keyshawn Justice, his teammate, all day long ahead of him. Listau from Waunakee as well.  I've watched a lot of his high school games and perhaps I'm jaded because he always came across as a shoot-first kid whose dad was the coach and had no repercussions. He did this as a freshman and scored a ton, but it seemed as he was always taking 20+ shots a game and it didn't matter if they were getting crushed as long as he would score. Seemed like his dad always kept him in to boost his totals. I wouldn't say his shot is that quick either. He does hit open 3s, that is for sure.  He is playing much more unselfish on the AAU circuit this season, so maybe he has turned the corner.

Fair enough. I get that John isn't a great athlete but in today's game if you are a strong 6'4" and can really, really shoot it, you can have a very nice role at this level. Two more thoughts, as I mentioned he is a extremely smart kid and has a very mature game. He knows how to play the game at a much higher level than many recruits. Also, I guess we have watched different games because I see him as very unselfish. He shoots a very high percentage and takes good shots. In my world, if a good player takes good shots I don't care if he shoots 35 times a game. In fact at the high school level, a bad shot from a very good player is better than good shots from others (to some degree). This was in the Journal article this morning...

"He was very patient offensively and one of the guys we played against that by himself could control the game with his scoring or his passing," Wauwatosa East coach Tim Arndorfer said shortly after the season.

"I think he was one of the most unselfish players we played all year.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1358 on: May 05, 2016, 01:27:53 PM »
Fair enough. I get that John isn't a great athlete but in today's game if you are a strong 6'4" and can really, really shoot it, you can have a very nice role at this level. Two more thoughts, as I mentioned he is a extremely smart kid and has a very mature game. He knows how to play the game at a much higher level than many recruits. Also, I guess we have watched different games because I see him as very unselfish. He shoots a very high percentage and takes good shots. In my world, if a good player takes good shots I don't care if he shoots 35 times a game. In fact at the high school level, a bad shot from a very good player is better than good shots from others (to some degree). This was in the Journal article this morning...

"He was very patient offensively and one of the guys we played against that by himself could control the game with his scoring or his passing," Wauwatosa East coach Tim Arndorfer said shortly after the season.

"I think he was one of the most unselfish players we played all year.
Definitely agree on the IQ. I know a ton of bball junkies who would laugh at those quotes though (as well as a ton of Franklin and Cedarburg parents).  I recall his last hs game against the eventual state champs, he chucked up a ton of bad shots and finished with maybe 3 points. That was with a good high school defender on him. I just don't see him being able to do anything offensively in the BE besides being a spot up 3 point shooter. I thought Jake Thomas had a quick shot and he never got his off at MU; Deiner's isn't close to as quick. And I know I sound like a broken record, but I just don't see him being able to remotely guard a guy like Trevon Bluiett. Kudos to the kid for getting college for free. Gives me a reason to look forward to MU/Depaul games. Does Tom Deiner follow his son there eventually??? Just a thought.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1359 on: May 05, 2016, 01:31:22 PM »
What does Crystal Ball say about the probability that Travis commits to MU?  :)

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #1360 on: May 05, 2016, 01:35:12 PM »
You are such a boner. I'd be willing to bet you're a scrawny little 22 year old dude who hasn't seen the inside of a woman since the day you were born.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1361 on: May 05, 2016, 01:58:19 PM »
I enjoy your posts but you are so off base on John. He is a great shooter, a strong 6'4" that can take care of the ball and is a very willing defender. He is also very unselfish and extremely smart (planning on going to Medical school) on and off the court. While he is not a plus athlete, he makes up for it because he is so strong and will continue to get stronger and like all of the Dieners he will continue to improve and improve.

His father is Tom, the former Vincent and Hamilton coach. His uncle is Dick, the former FDL coach and current assistant at Rockhurst University under his son Drew (John's cousin). Travis is John's first cousin as are Drake and Drew.

One of Crean's biggest mistake was not recruiting Drake, instead signing Menard...wow. Drake would have been key to making the NCAA tourney in 2004-05. He went on to a have a great career in Europe where he led the Italian League in scoring and was named MVP 3 years ago.

Wouldn't Wojo rather have a kid who planned on playin' in da Association instead, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #1362 on: May 05, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »
What does Crystal Ball say about the probability that Travis commits to MU?  :)
Will only come on package deal with D Wade.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1363 on: May 05, 2016, 02:08:12 PM »
You are such a boner. I'd be willing to bet you're a scrawny little 22 year old dude who hasn't seen the inside of a woman since the day you were born.

Says the anonymous message board poster making size jokes.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 02:34:05 PM by MuEagle1090 »

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #1364 on: May 05, 2016, 03:55:22 PM »
Says the anonymous message board poster making size jokes.

My hands are so big I can eat 2 tacos per hand! And why I have so many typos! They're UUUUUUGE
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1365 on: May 05, 2016, 06:03:49 PM »

Edit: Not worth it.  Sorry for contributing to getting this thread off topic.

Let's get Young and/or Gill.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:51:39 PM by YoungsWorld »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #1366 on: May 05, 2016, 06:48:08 PM »
I provided you with my Facebook.  Feel free to come to your own conclusion big guy!  Or you can just carry on with the 1 way argument you're having by yourself about the guy you stalk.  Somewhat weird, but hey, whatever makes you happy.

While you're at it, you might as well try to get my age right.  When you first started stalking me you said I was a 2007 grad (I'm not).  Now you're saying I'm 22 years old (once again, I am not).  If I'm 22 and graduated college in 2007 you must think I'm some kind of prodigy.  While I am honored that you think so highly of my intelligence, I'm sorry to disappoint you in telling you that I am just a normal guy.  Graduated high school at 18, graduated college at 22.  Sorry if I ruined some odd fantasy of yours.

PS If I cause you to get so hot and bothered there's this option on here to ignore certain posters.

Anyway, sorry to interrupt your argument with nobody else over me.  Carry on.

Wades

I notice you didn't refute his assertion about you not having been inside a woman since you were born...

Death on call

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1367 on: May 05, 2016, 07:02:26 PM »
So when is Young going to commit. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:15:09 PM by forgetful »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1368 on: May 05, 2016, 07:18:03 PM »
Wades

I notice you didn't refute his assertion about you not having been inside a woman since you were born...

Edit: Not worth it.  Sorry for contributing to getting this thread off topic.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:51:49 PM by YoungsWorld »

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #1369 on: May 05, 2016, 07:21:42 PM »
I provided you with my Facebook.  Feel free to come to your own conclusion big guy!  Or you can just carry on with the 1 way argument you're having by yourself about the guy you stalk.  Somewhat weird, but hey, whatever makes you happy.

While you're at it, you might as well try to get my age right.  When you first started stalking me you said I was a 2007 grad (I'm not).  Now you're saying I'm 22 years old (once again, I am not).  If I'm 22 and graduated college in 2007 you must think I'm some kind of prodigy.  While I am honored that you think so highly of my intelligence, I'm sorry to disappoint you in telling you that I am just a normal guy.  Graduated high school at 18, graduated college at 22.  Sorry if I ruined some odd fantasy of yours.

PS If I cause you to get so hot and bothered there's this option on here to ignore certain posters.

Anyway, sorry to interrupt your argument with nobody else over me.  Carry on.
Lol I've never stalked you kid, your name got out because you are an asshat and you also play one on a message board. Contrary to what some may think, there are people from the university that read this board and discuss. Loosen up a little, stop being a dick on the Internet, drink a beer or two.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1370 on: May 05, 2016, 07:28:42 PM »
Lol I've never stalked you kid, your name got out because you are an asshat and you also play one on a message board. Contrary to what some may think, there are people from the university that read this board and discuss. Loosen up a little, stop being a dick on the Internet, drink a beer or two.

Edit: Not worth it.  Sorry for contributing to this thread getting off topic.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:52:35 PM by YoungsWorld »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1371 on: May 06, 2016, 07:06:40 AM »
Take it elsewhere you two.

Okay, has anyone heard anything about a Plan C?  While I have not, many of you are way better plugged in than me.  The absence of any further activity might suggest that Wojo believes he'll get either Kalif or Gill.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1372 on: May 06, 2016, 07:47:41 AM »
Now can understand Kostas' lean to UNLV wit Jeter in Vegas, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #1373 on: May 06, 2016, 10:03:47 AM »
Take it elsewhere you two.

Okay, has anyone heard anything about a Plan C?  While I have not, many of you are way better plugged in than me.  The absence of any further activity might suggest that Wojo believes he'll get either Kalif or Gill.

Costas.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #1374 on: May 06, 2016, 10:17:27 AM »

Ah, Kenvin Menard, the key to getting James Augustine ...that went well.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback