[Today at 08:47:22 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by Goose
[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Admirals Moving Next Door  (Read 8440 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Admirals Moving Next Door
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 10:38:20 AM »
But in reality, it's probably so that these kids aren't missing school, especially since they don't get athletic scholarships.
Well, I suspect that there are a lot of grants and other academic aid in the Ivy.... ;)

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2015, 01:32:18 PM »
So when teams play 4 road games in 6 nights they shouldn't complain because really all they need to do is politely request that no road trips are more than 2 games and each road game has 2 days off so they can settle in and rest up? Gotcha.

And so all Marquette has to do to get any time slot they want is have Wojo give Edens and Lasry a buzz and ask them to please politely ask the NBA to schedule the Bucks for the road or the afternoon so that Marquette can schedule their game against Grambling for Saturday at 7:00 PM? And maybe just politely send in the list of dates and times that are acceptable to the Big East and those will be honored too I suppose.

MU cannot simply coordinate with the Bucks in order to get prime time dates and times for their games. I don't see what is so hard to understand about this.
Reread what I wrote. Someone said the Bucks don't have any say in their own schedule. I gave examples that were verified in previous media reports.
I never said it was simple or that Marquette could dictate the schedule. I'm just saying in sure the bucks were willing to cooperate with Marquette (who were powerful allies in the stadium lobbying) if it didn't matter to the bucks. For example, the bucks did pretty damn  well on Sunday afternoons last year. This along with Marquette requesting Saturday night games could add a little nudge for an extra Sunday afternoon game or two freeing up a Saturday for MU.

Do you think the bucks have zero say in there schedule and don't submit any preferences to the league before the schedule is out? As I said before, it was well reported the bucks did have certain preferences and the league accepted them for two straight decades. Not sure what is so hard to understand.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:39:01 PM by martyconlonontherun »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 12:00:48 PM »
I wonder when the Alabama A&M game got scheduled last year?  It seems to me that we knew knew there would be an Al game before we knew the opponent.  I never recall a game being bumped out of the BMO BC after it had been announced.  There must be some level of coordination with dark dates being given to MU in sufficient time to schedule non-con.

IIRC, there was a high-profile game in the works that fell through just weeks before the schedule was released, so they had to scramble to find a buy-opponent so FS1 would have something to air.  By the time they found one and looked at possible dates, the BC was already booked.

The key word here is "released."

Schedules are drawn up, revised, moved around, etc. months, and perhaps years, before the schedule is released.  This gives everyone a chance to coordinate schedules.  I'd bet if you looked at Broeker's call history in certain months of any given year, two-thirds of his calls are to/from his scheduling counterparts at the Bucks and Admirals.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.