[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 11:16:57 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU Gets Some New Kicks  (Read 5362 times)

chris4381

• Walk-On
MU Gets Some New Kicks
« on: July 30, 2015, 04:27:07 PM »
http://www.nicekicks.com/2015/07/30/marquette-gets-laces-with-air-jordan-xx9-pe/

The Golden Eagle is a little obnoxious but nice Jordans regardless.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: MU Gets Some New Kicks
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »
http://www.nicekicks.com/2015/07/30/marquette-gets-laces-with-air-jordan-xx9-pe/

No sweat, they're just for the Italy trip.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 08:30:19 PM »

I like the Golden Eagle, we should do more to promote that identity. Not like we are getting  Warriors back any time soon.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 08:34:49 PM »
I like the Golden Eagle, we should do more to promote that identity. Not like we are getting  Warriors back any time soon.

If they want to promote us more as the Golden Eagles than they have in the past, that's fine. But the logo as-is isn't very good.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 09:31:40 PM »

Death on call

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 10:37:12 AM »

I think they're atrocious, but I find MU's branding in general to be poor - the exception (usually) being Jumpman.

I'd kill for a pair of navy blue sweats with 'Marquette' stitched across the thigh in gold, without the bold logo, the aggressive bird, the sparkle or flair.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 10:44:19 AM »
I think they're atrocious, but I find MU's branding in general to be poor - the exception (usually) being Jumpman.

I'd kill for a pair of navy blue sweats with 'Marquette' stitched across the thigh in gold, without the bold logo, the aggressive bird, the sparkle or flair.
I agree - I don't mind the Golden Eagle, but it seems so generic. I think "Marquette" itself is a stronger brand than "Golden Eagles"

With our friends due west, "Badgers" is more recognizable than "Wisconsin" outside of the state, IMO.

I'd like to see MU go mascot-less, which is why I didn't particularly mind the move to "Gold." Harvard is Maroon, Dartmouth is Big Green.... Stanford is Cardinal. It makes it more about the school than a mascot.

In absence of the Warrior, we should have never tried to replace it... just be Marquette

Michigan -> Go Blue
ND -> Go Irish
Marquette -> We Are Marquette
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 10:55:18 AM »
I agree - I don't mind the Golden Eagle, but it seems so generic. I think "Marquette" itself is a stronger brand than "Golden Eagles"

With our friends due west, "Badgers" is more recognizable than "Wisconsin" outside of the state, IMO.

I'd like to see MU go mascot-less, which is why I didn't particularly mind the move to "Gold." Harvard is Maroon, Dartmouth is Big Green.... Stanford is Cardinal. It makes it more about the school than a mascot.

In absence of the Warrior, we should have never tried to replace it... just be Marquette

Michigan -> Go Blue
ND -> Go Irish
Every school has its letter Branding. So we have the interlocking MU just like Michigan state has the block S or UNC has there NC logo in addition there is a character so Wisconsin has Bucky Badger Michigan State Sparty etc Our character hasn't been promoted well , I think in a way it's like the silly Ram that UNC has that no one really embraces .  Michigan. Just goes with its gold M and their is no Wolverine character at all.

We need some consistency in what we do.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 03:27:56 PM »
Every school has its letter Branding. So we have the interlocking MU just like Michigan state has the block S or UNC has there NC logo in addition there is a character so Wisconsin has Bucky Badger Michigan State Sparty etc Our character hasn't been promoted well , I think in a way it's like the silly Ram that UNC has that no one really embraces .  Michigan. Just goes with its gold M and their is no Wolverine character at all.

We need some consistency in what we do.
agreed!
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 11:49:44 PM »

Michigan -> Go Blue
ND -> Go Irish

Marshall -> We Are Marshall
SS Marquette

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 08:27:00 AM »
Marshall -> We Are Marshall

There are probably 20+ schools that use the "We Are _______" chant.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 12:39:29 PM »
Michigan. Just goes with its gold M and their is no Wolverine character at all.

Michigan weaves the Wolverine imagery into its thematic better than anyone else does with their mascot. (SC with the Troy imagery and FSU with the Seminole thematic are also good.)

Death on call

feedback