[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Official MU Basketball App Launched  (Read 9264 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Official MU Basketball App Launched
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2015, 12:23:06 PM »
Really? Funny how tastes are different cause I'm a big fan of those shoes. I'd buy a pair if they went on sale to the general public.

How do you stand on the chicken hawk generally?  I'm wondering how well accepted it is by the new generation(since 2004 we'll say).  I know it was generally hated as of 2003 and prior, wonder if things have changed
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 04:25:51 PM »
How do you stand on the chicken hawk generally?  I'm wondering how well accepted it is by the new generation(since 2004 we'll say).  I know it was generally hated as of 2003 and prior, wonder if things have changed

I honestly don't care. Would I prefer to be the Warriors? Yes but I hardly see the "chicken-hawk" logo anywhere to be honest. I think I have one shirt with it the others are all just Marquette written out or the MU logo. The golden eagle logo itself doesn't bother me.

Actually, I think the logo Warriors is to overused in sports in general, still prefer it over golden eagles and I like the logo (have a couple warrior items) but if I had a say, I would love to go back to the Hilltoppers if I had to pick a nickname/mascot.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 06:21:32 PM »
I guess all mascots need to look pissed.  Makes 'em scary.  Anyone remember the golden eagle dragging a baby goat off the cliff to kill it YouTube video?  Marquette needs a mascot version of that with a leprechaun or badger getting dragged off the cliff.

The theme of this shoe line is mascot-based. What else would they have used?

Here is the North Carolina version.  They don't use their mascot logo much, either.  Like us, they tend to use the logo with their initials, but here you go:

You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2015, 07:07:06 PM »
No thanks to Tommy Crean, but da shoes coulda just been a solid Gold, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

fjm

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2015, 01:04:05 PM »
MU has been just great on social media this year... How can we not love this? Definitely start following them on youtube also. I'm sure many of you have seen these videos through twitter, instagram etc... But with Sacar saying his goal is a National title, and this great pre-italy hype video, it has been great! They are winning with us fans, and definitely winning with the students, high schoolers looking for a college to cheer for, and most importantly, winning with recruits who are getting social media time!

https://www.youtube.com/user/muathletics

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2015, 01:09:33 PM »
MU has been just great on social media this year... How can we not love this? Definitely start following them on youtube also. I'm sure many of you have seen these videos through twitter, instagram etc... But with Sacar saying his goal is a National title, and this great pre-italy hype video, it has been great! They are winning with us fans, and definitely winning with the students, high schoolers looking for a college to cheer for, and most importantly, winning with recruits who are getting social media time!

https://www.youtube.com/user/muathletics

Agreed. The presence on Instagram and Twitter has been impressive. And of course the inimitable Patrick Reed with the newcomer interviews.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2015, 01:10:53 PM »
Agreed. The presence on Instagram and Twitter has been impressive. And of course the inimitable Patrick Reed with the newcomer interviews.
I had to look up Inimitable... I'm embarrassed.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2015, 01:13:34 PM »
Yeah that was good.  A little less cliche-ish out of Wojo, and it is great to generate hype.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2015, 01:24:38 PM »
Can we get the guys who re-did the Bucks stuff to give the MU logo/mascot a shot?

I don't despise our logo and actually like the M-U logo but I would love to see what some others could come up with. I happen to like some of the bucks new stuff.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2015, 01:27:47 PM »
At some point you just need to stop redesigning the logo and just stick with it.  Constantly redesigning logos is what Sun Belt teams do.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2015, 12:27:04 PM »
At some point you just need to stop redesigning the logo and just stick with it.  Constantly redesigning logos is what Sun Belt teams do.

Agreed.  Brand consistency is important.  Though I would argue they haven't really redesigned the primary markets so much as added secondary and alternate marks with wide latitude on when they use them.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/741/Marquette_Golden_Eagles/