[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Outlook for D Wade and the Heat  (Read 2494 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Outlook for D Wade and the Heat
« on: July 05, 2015, 02:35:35 PM »
I think the future outlook for D Wade and the Heat is  promising.  They have quality players at all the starting positions and a nice set of emerging young talent.  I believe that Wade will be able to settle into a role similar to what Oscar Robertson played in his final years with the Bucks. Wade has excellent basketball IQ and will rely on that to maximize the play of the whole team.  There may be one more NBA championship for the Heat, especially if they can pick up Kevin Durant in free agency.

Having D Wade end up his career on a positive note will be beneficial for our MU program.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

withoutbias

• All American
Re: Outlook for D Wade and the Heat
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 04:04:38 PM »
they aren't winning anything with the roster looking even remotely as it does.  bosh is a good 3rd guy to have.  wade can no longer carry a team to a championship.  dragic is an overpaid, below average starter in the nba.  whiteside can put up good numbers but in reality is one of those guys who makes the team worse because of his attitude (monta ellis, brandon jennings, etc.  guys who if you just look at numbers you say "he's really good!" but if you actually follow them you realize they're cancers and will never be on championship caliber teams).

if you get rid of whiteside, add durant, and add a rim protecting center then maybe you have 1 run in you.  but those things aren't going to happen.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 04:06:35 PM »
they aren't winning anything with the roster looking even remotely as it does.  bosh is a good 3rd guy to have.  wade can no longer carry a team to a championship.  dragic is an overpaid, below average starter in the nba.  whiteside can put up good numbers but in reality is one of those guys who makes the team worse because of his attitude (monta ellis, brandon jennings, etc.  guys who if you just look at numbers you say "he's really good!" but if you actually follow them you realize they're cancers and will never be on championship caliber teams).

if you get rid of whiteside, add durant, and add a rim protecting center then maybe you have 1 run in you.  but those things aren't going to happen.

I don't know what you're talking about. Bosh and Dragic are pretty damn good.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 04:12:39 PM »
They'll be solid but not championship caliber.  Look, DWade has 3 rings.  Very few NBA guys can say that.  First ballot HOF.  And from all accounts a pretty darn good guy and certainly a good dad.  I can get behind that.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 04:48:46 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about. Bosh and Dragic are pretty damn good.

in my opinion i am defining an "average starting point guard" as about the 15th best point guard (since there are 30 teams).  i don't see dragic as a top 15 starting point guard in the nba.  dragic is a starting point guard in the nba and has an assist:turnover ratio of under 2:1.  that is horrendous.

curry, westbrook, paul, wall, irving, lillard are all head and shoulders, 2 steps above dragic.  that's the top 6.  after that in my opinion there is no doubt that lowry, teague, conley, rubio, rose, and parker are all better than dragic.  so that's 12 point guards better than he is.  then you can start arguing dragic falls into the category with rondo (would be higher but his mental game this past season drops him really far), williams, knight, bledsoe, lawson, walker, holiday, and collison.

so essentially you just signed a point guard who is at best the 13th best player (in my mind more like 18th) at his position to a max contract.  he is overrated and overpaid.  outside of whatever team lebron is on, look at the one constant on every true contender...they all have star point guards.  goran dragic is nowhere near the level that you need to be an nba title contender, unless you have lebron playing the point forward for you.

and bosh is fine.  i never said he wasn't fine.  but if he's your number 2 guy then you simply aren't going to go very far (again, unless your #1 guy is lebron).  he's older now, he's very injury prone, and he doesn't defend.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:50:30 PM by WithoutBias »

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 09:22:21 PM »
Micky Arison will be a major player in FA 2016.  Do not underestimate Pat Riley's ability to assemble a formittable roster for D Wades farewell tour....

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 09:50:04 AM »
The've got an OK starting 5 but no bench.  Dragic has upside in the right system.  Whiteside has downside unless he gets his head straight.  Luol Deng disappears too often.  Not a championship team.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 10:14:20 AM »
Eric Bledsoe played point for the Suns last season.  Dragic was the 2guard.  4.1 assists per game last year vs. 7.4 assists in 2013.
Comparing Ast/TO ratios for Dragic compared to point guards isn't a fair comparison.