[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Players in NBA Summer League  (Read 12160 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: MU Players in NBA Summer League
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 01:24:10 PM »
Probably correct.  Pleased that he saw some court time last year.  He'll always have that.  Absolutely time to maximize the paycheck.  Good luck Jerel.

He's one of our all-time greats. He was pure joy to watch at Marquette. I wish him nothing but the very best.

Death on call

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 01:35:21 PM »
Completely agree, but he is making a couple headlines: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13280824
Don't go by what you see in this Summer League for Vander...don't be silly and short-sighted if you are an NBA scout. And many of us are not but we have eyes if not bias.

That young man can play. I think the world of his internal fortitude and how he plays the game and bets on himself.

He's done well. He has ironed out the kinks in his jumper as far as the shot slot and is following through well and has even increased his range from the college 3pt line to the NBA 3pt line.

He guards, he moves well, and has gotten stronger attacking the paint and he he is willing to learn, wait, and be coached.

He is also what seems to be a guy who is a great teammate and every team he has gone on he seems to blend in well with other guys he is competing with for a spot which shows good competitive character and spirit.

You can go to war with him. He still has time. Keep working V!     

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 01:38:50 PM »
Maybe he can beat out Rose for the starting PG position. One can hope.
You all laugh...but I guarantee you that Jimmy Butler told someone to take a look at Vander and they might keep him due to Jimmy.

Vander Blue is no scrub people and Jimmy is the Bulls max player now too, and they might do it if to keep Butler happy.

You can move Aaron Brooks....he has value. I say they bring Vander to training camp and Brooks is gone.

Another thing is I think they [Reinsdorf]are trying to work that rivalry with the Bucks by having two guys we know and who played here who they know we are attached to outfit their team like we have Parker.

That means $$$ ...I won't like it one bit to see Blue and Butler on the Bulls because then I will have to be . . . 'divided' in my allegiance when they do play. I hate that.

That is why love and hate every time Wade comes back here...then I have to become impartial. But don't be surprised if Blue stays.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:43:10 PM by MUHoopsFan2 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 02:44:36 PM »
You all laugh...but I guarantee you that Jimmy Butler told someone to take a look at Vander and they might keep him due to Jimmy.

Vander Blue is no scrub people and Jimmy is the Bulls max player now too, and they might do it if to keep Butler happy.

You can move Aaron Brooks....he has value. I say they bring Vander to training camp and Brooks is gone.

Another thing is I think they [Reinsdorf]are trying to work that rivalry with the Bucks by having two guys we know and who played here who they know we are attached to outfit their team like we have Parker.

That means $$$ ...I won't like it one bit to see Blue and Butler on the Bulls because then I will have to be . . . 'divided' in my allegiance when they do play. I hate that.

That is why love and hate every time Wade comes back here...then I have to become impartial. But don't be surprised if Blue stays.

That is the furthest thing from how professional franchises operate.  And even if they did operate as such (which, again, it couldn't be more off), Jimmy just signed a 5 year deal in Chicago, so he's not going anywhere.  They don't have to do anything to make him happy.  He has 92 million reasons to be happy.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2015, 08:09:25 PM »

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2015, 08:29:24 PM »
Would be awesome if he sticks with them.  Having two Marquette guys on the roster down in Dallas would be sweet.

Now, if only Vander sticks with the Bulls...

tompopsicle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2015, 01:24:02 PM »
Vander Blue mentioned at Top 7 D-League prospect

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2531316-projecting-the-best-potential-nba-role-for-the-top-10-d-league-stars

Projected as "Rotational playmaker or potential starting 2-guard"

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2015, 04:54:41 PM »
What exactly is partial guaranteed deal? What exactly does it mean for his future with the Mavs? I can guess they will pay him something but as far as making the team does it carry any weight? Comparable to Trents deal?

Asking for a friend

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2015, 10:25:46 AM »
What exactly is partial guaranteed deal? What exactly does it mean for his future with the Mavs? I can guess they will pay him something but as far as making the team does it carry any weight? Comparable to Trents deal?

Asking for a friend

Most likely means portions of the contract are contingent on him accomplishing various feats, most importantly making the team out of training camp.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 08:51:52 AM »
Most likely means portions of the contract are contingent on him accomplishing various feats, most importantly making the team out of training camp.

Or some money is already guaranteed, which is likely a check for being at camp.

IIRC, the NBA does have a deadline at some point in their calendar where every contract becomes guaranteed, but I want to say it's not until February or so.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2015, 10:09:04 AM »
Or some money is already guaranteed, which is likely a check for being at camp.

IIRC, the NBA does have a deadline at some point in their calendar where every contract becomes guaranteed, but I want to say it's not until February or so.

Correct on both, as I understand it, although I think the cutoff date is early January. Could be wrong.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2015, 10:31:50 AM »
Correct on both, as I understand it, although I think the cutoff date is early January. Could be wrong.

Something like that.  This sounds like DJO's Lakers contract a couple years ago.  He was on the team in the Fall and then sent to the D League before he had to be paid for the full year.