[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Jimmy to Resign w/ Bulls ($95 million over 5 years)  (Read 10061 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Jimmy to Resign w/ Bulls ($95 million over 5 years)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 01:55:12 PM »
I guess he ain't so ugly no more, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 01:56:03 PM »
Kid earned every penny.  Good on him.  Now time to get Rose to start earning some of his paychecks.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »
Glad to have him back after some of the recent rumors. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 02:19:01 PM »
Kid earned every penny.  Good on him.  Now time to get Rose to start earning some of his paychecks.

Time to cut their losses with Rose and just trade him.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 02:33:48 PM »
Does this make Butler the first max contract MU alum? Wade has never been the highest paid player on a team.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 02:36:23 PM »
Jimmy definitely deserves it but it seems like some teams are throwing around a lot of money this year. I wonder if they are willing to take the luxury tax hit for one year since they will probably be under the cap with it going up next year. 

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 02:44:54 PM »
Fantastic news!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 02:56:50 PM »
Way to take that paper James.  At 29, he can still sign another gonzo deal.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 03:21:16 PM »
The President approves.

President Obama @POTUS
butler's a great player on o and d; let's sign him up long term. go bulls!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 04:35:26 PM »
Damn, Jimmy, you just earned yourself another F in my book.  News like this should make even the Occupy Marquette crowd feel good.

Everything that kid did for us is being paid back a million-fold, and I honestly couldn't be prouder to be an MU alum and booster than I am right now.  To the extent anyone "deserves" 95 million big ones, nobody deserves it more.  As great as D Wade was (and still is today), there's no better ambassador for MU hoops than JFFB.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 04:37:58 PM »
Time to cut their losses with Rose and just trade him.

Too much $$ has been invested in PR with rose to cut him. Sadly we're with him for quite a few more years.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 05:17:21 PM »
Too much $$ has been invested in PR with rose to cut him. Sadly we're with him for quite a few more years.

Rose has 2 years left on his contract. After next year, he could have significant value for someone looking to add a massive expiring contract. Today put a huge stamp on the Bulls that as of now, this is Jimmy Butler's team. The era of Rose may not be over, but it definitely has a clear expiration date in June 2017.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 05:23:54 PM »
Rose has 2 years left on his contract. After next year, he could have significant value for someone looking to add a massive expiring contract. Today put a huge stamp on the Bulls that as of now, this is Jimmy Butler's team. The era of Rose may not be over, but it definitely has a clear expiration date in June 2017.

In two years, it'll be Jimmy's and Niko's team.
Not kidding.
Mirotic was great down the stretch for the Bulls then completely misused in the playoffs by Thibs (some cheap shots from Pachulia probably didn't help).
He's going to be really, really good. I scoffed at the Nowitzki comparisons after he signed with the Bulls last year, but they may turn out to be somewhat accurate.

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 05:43:26 PM »
In two years, it'll be Jimmy's and Niko's team.
Not kidding.
Mirotic was great down the stretch for the Bulls then completely misused in the playoffs by Thibs (some cheap shots from Pachulia probably didn't help).
He's going to be really, really good. I scoffed at the Nowitzki comparisons after he signed with the Bulls last year, but they may turn out to be somewhat accurate.

I agree...He's still obviously a bit unpolished, but Mirotic has a very high ceiling. One of my problems with the Bulls (and Thibs) last year was the lack of consistent minutes for him.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 07:37:20 PM »
Dammit. Hoiberg got another one of our players
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 10:59:15 PM »
lol. comparing mirotic to dirk. hilarious!

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 11:02:28 PM »

+1

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 11:42:26 PM »
lol. comparing mirotic to dirk. hilarious!

Compare advanced stats in their respective rookie seasons (i.e. win shares, win shares per 48, value over replacement player, efficiency rating, true shooting percentage, etc.) and get back to me.
Long story short, Mirotic is better in pretty much every category.
Not saying at this point that Mirotic = Dirk, but the comparison is not outlandish based on what we've seen so far.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nowitdi01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mirotni01.html

Then there's this:

Mirotic leads all rookies in both win shares and player efficiency rating. Despite leading the rookie class in win shares, Mirotic’s value is still hidden due to his somewhat limited playing time. Looking at win shares per 48 minutes (a stat devised by Basketball-Reference.com that measures a player's overall contribution to winning), Mirotic is having a historic season for a rookie.
In a vacuum, his 0.162 win shares per 48 minutes may not wow you. But comparing that value to those of past rookie of the year winners might change your tune. Based on this metric, Mirotic is having a better season than 25 of the last 30 rookie of the year winners. The only ones which rated higher during their award-winning rookie campaigns? You may have heard of them-- David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan, Chris Paul and Shaquille O'Neal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/104114/nikola-mirotic-the-best-kept-secret-in-the-nba

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 10:11:03 AM »
Jimmy definitely deserves it but it seems like some teams are throwing around a lot of money this year. I wonder if they are willing to take the luxury tax hit for one year since they will probably be under the cap with it going up next year. 

over $1.4 billion on the 1st day of FA

not sure Middleton is worth $70mm

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 10:13:09 AM »

Post of the day :D

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 10:19:55 AM »

It's estimated that the cap will jump from $69m in 15-16 to $90m in 16-17 and $108m in 17-18. From what I've read, expiring contracts aren't expected to be nearly as valuable between now and then as they have been in the past.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 10:27:41 AM »
It's estimated that the cap will jump from $69m in 15-16 to $90m in 16-17 and $108m in 17-18. From what I've read, expiring contracts aren't expected to be nearly as valuable between now and then as they have been in the past.

Regardless, Rose has 2 more years. After that, he's unlikely to remain in Chicago. Too much drama and prima donna tendencies. But either way, the earliest they will be able to trade him will be next year.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 10:56:05 AM »
Expiring contracts will be valuable again in 4 years, that's why there's a lot of 3+1 and 4+1 deals going on as well.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 11:22:52 AM »
Compare advanced stats in their respective rookie seasons (i.e. win shares, win shares per 48, value over replacement player, efficiency rating, true shooting percentage, etc.) and get back to me.
Long story short, Mirotic is better in pretty much every category.
Not saying at this point that Mirotic = Dirk, but the comparison is not outlandish based on what we've seen so far.

Then there's this:

Mirotic leads all rookies in both win shares and player efficiency rating. Despite leading the rookie class in win shares, Mirotic’s value is still hidden due to his somewhat limited playing time. Looking at win shares per 48 minutes (a stat devised by Basketball-Reference.com that measures a player's overall contribution to winning), Mirotic is having a historic season for a rookie.
In a vacuum, his 0.162 win shares per 48 minutes may not wow you. But comparing that value to those of past rookie of the year winners might change your tune. Based on this metric, Mirotic is having a better season than 25 of the last 30 rookie of the year winners. The only ones which rated higher during their award-winning rookie campaigns? You may have heard of them-- David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan, Chris Paul and Shaquille O'Neal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/104114/nikola-mirotic-the-best-kept-secret-in-the-nba

You're comparing rookie year to rookie year, which makes no sense. Dirk was 19 as a rookie, Mirotic 23. Compare their year 23 seasons to each other (Dirk's fourth year). Dirk is head and shoulders better. I really like Mirotic. But he's no Dirk.