[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2016 guard Mustapha Heron visiting MU  (Read 52372 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: 2016 guard Mustapha Heron visiting MU
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 02:15:19 PM »
Not really. If his dad was just an average dad maybe, but in that case I probably wouldn't have even mentioned what his dad wanted. But his father has very relevant input in this situation.

Try the decaf.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 03:23:47 PM »
Love this kid's athleticism and control. Get him and Coffey and this is a great sequel to Wojo's first recruiting class.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »
Love this kid's athleticism and control. Get him and Coffey and this is a great sequel to Wojo's first recruiting class.

Hauser, Coffey and Heron? That's a good class (although I still don't like the assuming there is a scholly somewhere). However, if the vacancy is because Henry leaves, that would create a need for a 4-5 type.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 05:13:43 PM »
Not really. If his dad was just an average dad maybe, but in that case I probably wouldn't have even mentioned what his dad wanted. But his father has very relevant input in this situation.

Apparently you have no sense of humor and want to paint Coffey's dad as the second coming of Tim Maymon. If that's your goal, I guess well done. If not, I'd recommend quitting while you aren't (too far) behind.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2015, 10:39:04 PM »
Jerrone's press conference was the best.  His dad had that little "Maymon to MU" sign, Jerrone telling him "not now, please sit down."

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 12:37:15 AM »
Apparently you have no sense of humor and want to paint Coffey's dad as the second coming of Tim Maymon. If that's your goal, I guess well done. If not, I'd recommend quitting while you aren't (too far) behind.

How many times do you have to be told his dad isn't like Maymons dad.

The guy was a fantastic college player and is involved in help his son make the best decision possible.

Him and Amir have come to the idea that the 1 is his best spot.

What about that can you not understand? Like really it's simple stuff.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 12:47:53 AM »

Ignorance is bliss

http://www.startribune.com/c-j-richard-coffey-dances-around-question-of-where-amir-will-attend-college/293023281/

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/473666?referrer_id=

I can keep going too. Him and Richard have not hidden the fact that he has a father with experience of the process and is going to help set his son up the best he possibly can with Amir having the ultimate decision. The fact you keep saying "I'm comparing it to Tim Maymon" a guy without the experience and full wack job is ignorance at its finest. Especially as this is a repeat conversation.

LIke please, for the love of god get it through your head just this once.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 06:20:04 AM »
What about that can you not understand? Like really it's simple stuff.

What about the guy made a joke can you not understand? And I'm not painting him like Tim Maymon, you are. Whether intentional or not, that's the tone your posts take.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 07:32:01 AM »
You should probably just go ram your head through a wall

Didn't realize my joke was going to spark this much outrage.  I am as far removed from having knowledge on Coffey and his father and the recruitment, this was a simple grammar joke.

Coffey can literally play every position except the 5 even though him and his dad prefer the 1.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2015, 07:59:11 AM »
TAMU

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2015, 09:05:15 AM »

Late night cranky posting by Hayward, imo.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2015, 09:18:44 AM »
Back on topic, Heron is visiting St. John's next, I believe this weekend.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2015, 10:07:17 AM »
Back on topic, Heron is visiting St. John's next, I believe this weekend.

Talking heads seem to think that SJU is the frontrunner. Would be a great get for Mullin. Would love him to go there if we can't nab him
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2015, 10:09:52 AM »
Talking heads seem to think that SJU is the frontrunner. Would be a great get for Mullin. Would love him to go there if we can't nab him

He previously committed to Pitt when Slice Rohrrsen was still there, and his dad played with Slice in Europe. He's also close with Rawle Alkins, a NYC product that is one of Mullin's main recruiting targets. I suspect the Johnnies will win this one.

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2015, 12:24:11 PM »
I like the kids game.  He reminds me of a young Lance Stephenson.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2015, 12:33:05 PM »
I like the kids game.  He reminds me of a young Lance Stephenson.

Hope his attitude is 180 degrees from a young Lance Stephenson.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2015, 12:36:21 PM »
So who is our competition aside from SJU?  24/7 seems to have it down to SJU, Alabama, and us.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2015, 01:45:36 PM »
the 4 Quarters podcast on zagsblog currently has an interview with his AAU coach Andy Borman
2nd Quarter: Andy Borman (11:40)

Not much there other than AL, MS ST, St John's are "all on him" and his father really liked Avery Johnson and AL after his un-official visit

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2015, 01:58:58 PM »
What about the guy made a joke can you not understand? And I'm not painting him like Tim Maymon, you are. Whether intentional or not, that's the tone your posts take.

Hahahaha dear lord. How many times do you have to be told HE IS NOTHING LIKE MAYMON.

NOTHING. AT ALL.

Like can you read? Even a little bit?

Amir and his dad are in this together. That is a fact, meaning it cannot be argued.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2015, 02:15:18 PM »
Hahahaha dear lord. How many times do you have to be told HE IS NOTHING LIKE MAYMON.

NOTHING. AT ALL.

Like can you read? Even a little bit?

Amir and his dad are in this together. That is a fact, meaning it cannot be argued.

And when you keep saying this, that makes it sound the complete opposite. Never once have I said his dad is like Tim Maymon. Never once have I inferred that his dad is like Tim Maymon. However when you constantly beat the drum of how involved his dad is, how much his dad is pushing the positional decision, and how much his dad will matter, you really make it sound like he IS like Tim Maymon.

You.

You make it sound like he is like Tim Maymon.

Even when you say the opposite, you STILL make it sound like he is Tim Maymon.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2015, 09:57:23 AM »
And when you keep saying this, that makes it sound the complete opposite. Never once have I said his dad is like Tim Maymon. Never once have I inferred that his dad is like Tim Maymon. However when you constantly beat the drum of how involved his dad is, how much his dad is pushing the positional decision, and how much his dad will matter, you really make it sound like he IS like Tim Maymon.

You.

You make it sound like he is like Tim Maymon.

Even when you say the opposite, you STILL make it sound like he is Tim Maymon.

think you're wrong on this one. some families have multiple kids who are all recruited to play sports in college and by the time their 3rd or 4th kid is going through the process they know exactly what they need to look for to find the right fit. other families have a parent who went through the process and know first hand how it works and what to look for. these types of families make it hard for a coach to get a kid caught up in promises or in a visit with a bunch of bells and whistles and make the coaches truly prepare and show them that they have a plan for their kid, for the program, for school, etc. it's a good thing, a compliment, really. they know what really is important and they know they aren't going to just push a coach around and that some coaches are just saying what you want to hear, and they'll look for the best situation. they won't demand things, they'll just pass up on your bs if they feel that's what they're getting from you. seems like that's what he's saying about coffee's father.

other families seem to have "handlers" (whether it's a caregiver or a "family friend" or a coach or whatever) who have never really been through the process but want to make these crazy demands because, well, they've never been through the process and don't know how it works. these people are easier to wow in their recruitments because you simply have to tell them what they want to hear even if you have no intention of following through (vs. the first type of family, who can smell your bs from a mile away), but then gets crazy when it doesn't work how your illogical mind demanded it works. seems like this was the maymon's.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:01:23 AM by WithoutBias »

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2015, 11:54:22 AM »
The word gets bandied about too much with prep recruiting (especially amongst MU fans) but if Wojo were to land a pledge from Heron that would be the definition of a recruiting "coup".

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2015, 01:13:13 PM »
think you're wrong on this one. some families have multiple kids who are all recruited to play sports in college and by the time their 3rd or 4th kid is going through the process they know exactly what they need to look for to find the right fit. other families have a parent who went through the process and know first hand how it works and what to look for. these types of families make it hard for a coach to get a kid caught up in promises or in a visit with a bunch of bells and whistles and make the coaches truly prepare and show them that they have a plan for their kid, for the program, for school, etc. it's a good thing, a compliment, really. they know what really is important and they know they aren't going to just push a coach around and that some coaches are just saying what you want to hear, and they'll look for the best situation. they won't demand things, they'll just pass up on your bs if they feel that's what they're getting from you. seems like that's what he's saying about coffee's father.

other families seem to have "handlers" (whether it's a caregiver or a "family friend" or a coach or whatever) who have never really been through the process but want to make these crazy demands because, well, they've never been through the process and don't know how it works. these people are easier to wow in their recruitments because you simply have to tell them what they want to hear even if you have no intention of following through (vs. the first type of family, who can smell your bs from a mile away), but then gets crazy when it doesn't work how your illogical mind demanded it works. seems like this was the maymon's.

SMH

I didn't say he was like Maymon. If you read the post you quoted you would see I repeatedly did not at any point say that. My point was that when HH constantly posts about Coffey & his dad, he makes it appear that the comparison (which I again did not make) is apt. And his overexuberant posts on the subject make me think "thou dost protest too much."

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2015, 02:44:27 PM »
SMH

I didn't say he was like Maymon. If you read the post you quoted you would see I repeatedly did not at any point say that. My point was that when HH constantly posts about Coffey & his dad, he makes it appear that the comparison (which I again did not make) is apt. And his overexuberant posts on the subject make me think "thou dost protest too much."

smh

you have repeatedly said that hh is comparing coffey's dad to maymon's dad, when hh never made that comparison.  that's the point.  you're "shaking your head" over people making a claim that you didn't make, when nobody made the claim that you are saying you never made, yet you continue to say that hh made a comparison that he never made.

what hh is saying is that coffey's dad is like the first example of a family going through the recruiting process.  yes, he has a presence, but it's a positive one.  you are looking at what hh is saying and thinking that hh is saying coffey's dad has a negative influence on the recruitment and the kid, like maymon's dad did on jeronne, when hh isn't saying that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2015, 06:32:55 PM »
The word gets bandied about too much with prep recruiting (especially amongst MU fans) but if Wojo were to land a pledge from Heron that would be the definition of a recruiting "coup".

Because he outrecruited Pitt, SJU, and Alabama? He'd be a great pickup but for me a coup involves outrecruiting a school or schools that are a significant level above yours
TAMU

feedback