[Today at 02:47:50 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by MUbiz
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

Point guard or big by Jockey
[Today at 11:37:56 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:25:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Taking Your Mitt to the Game...  (Read 8408 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Taking Your Mitt to the Game...
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 01:43:59 PM »
I'm a former catcher

ZFB will be playing catcher tonight
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 05:49:10 PM »
ZFB will be playing catcher tonight

It's all the rage today

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 06:03:05 AM »
Seriously people.  The way I was brought up, the way kids were supposed to lose teeth was due to a fastball or a line drive.  That was back when kids played outdoors, with other kids!
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 07:59:23 AM »
Seriously people.  The way I was brought up, the way kids were supposed to lose teeth was due to a fastball or a line drive.  That was back when kids played outdoors, with other kids!
Our 3rd baseman got a shiner on Thurs does that count?  He didn't make the throw in time though.

But because of the tooth thing we do make the pitcher wear a mask.  When we go to kid pitch in the fall we'll drop it but the ball comes back fast off a 40mph machine.

Not all kids today are lazy indoor kids.  Are a larger percentage of kids under active?  Absolutely but so are a larger percentage of adults, it's hardly a kid specific issue.  Now get off my lawn!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2015, 12:03:35 PM »
At what age does a child "understand the danger"... 5?  10?  Consent?  21?

A batted ball represents a danger to everyone.  Someone who's looking to protect themself or their family shouldn't be ridiculed for doing so. The guy who should be ridiculed is the one who shows up for a game in stirrups and still has to pay for a ticket.

This "manly" thing needs to stop.  There's nothing wrong with taking a child to a baseball game.  There's also nothing wrong with being smart about it, whether that's sitting behind the net, carrying a glove, or simply not going at all.

I don't think it's a "manly" thing at all.

I just don't believe a glove is a good enough safety precaution to protect your child. Once my child can appreciate that a baseball is whizzing around the stadium and should be paying attention instead of daydreaming then I believe they understand the danger.

I just see too many kids buried into tablets or phone during at-bats that make me squirm. Hell even staring at Bernie or the jumbotron is a big distraction that I haven't given much thought.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2015, 02:23:44 PM »
The 16" softball player in me says there's no need for gloves at a game. Funny, never played a single day of organized baseball but am a pretty damn good softball player. Go figure.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2015, 02:32:42 PM »
Funny, never played a single day of organized baseball but am a pretty damn good softball player. Go figure.

Me, too.  But I don't play that wussy 16' kind.
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2015, 03:00:22 PM »
Me, too.  But I don't play that wussy 16' kind.

Hey now, brand new 16" softballs are rock solid. (yea I'm realizing how this is sounding) I usually pitch and if ome of those big gus hits it right back at you better get your hands up or out of the way.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2015, 05:28:53 PM »
Hey now, brand new 16" softballs are rock solid. (yea I'm realizing how this is sounding) I usually pitch and if ome of those big gus hits it right back at you better get your hands up or out of the way.

Yea, that's pretty f#cking terrifying. Kinda like paper cuts and sh1tty coffee.

Death on call

feedback