[Today at 09:23:57 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: James Harden Cheats  (Read 2553 times)

WarriorFan

• All American
James Harden Cheats
« on: May 23, 2015, 05:16:29 AM »
OK, he's a great shooter and almost unstoppable as he drives to the basket, but James Harden is the biggest cheater in the NBA.
- He usually takes 3-5 steps when he starts his drive before the ball hits the ground
- He carries the ball
- He pushes off... with the back side of his off hand... on all of his drives and step backs to create space
- He "simulates" a LOT
- When driving, he takes another 3-5 steps (sometimes 6) from when he picks up the ball to when he shoots... because they are small stutter steps he doesn't get called

I'm surprised that at least one of the referee crews hasn't picked up on this and called a few of these things.  I was really enjoying watching the NBA this year because overall the ball movement, spacing and passing has improved (Spurs, Hawks, Warriors for example) but watching what Harden gets away with really ruins it again for me. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

GGGG

• All American
Re: James Harden Cheats
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 09:49:59 AM »
James Harden doesn't cheat.  He may get away with stuff now and again...like all players in all sports. 

Thunder made a HUGE mistake not resigning him.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 09:55:33 AM »
Does he deflate the ball or put sunscreen and rosin on this arm?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 10:11:28 AM »
Everything you listed is done by all the big NBA stars.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 05:26:08 PM »
OK, he's a great shooter and almost unstoppable as he drives to the basket, but James Harden is the biggest cheater in the NBA.
- He usually takes 3-5 steps when he starts his drive before the ball hits the ground
- He carries the ball
- He pushes off... with the back side of his off hand... on all of his drives and step backs to create space
- He "simulates" a LOT
- When driving, he takes another 3-5 steps (sometimes 6) from when he picks up the ball to when he shoots... because they are small stutter steps he doesn't get called

I'm surprised that at least one of the referee crews hasn't picked up on this and called a few of these things.  I was really enjoying watching the NBA this year because overall the ball movement, spacing and passing has improved (Spurs, Hawks, Warriors for example) but watching what Harden gets away with really ruins it again for me. 

You must hate Lebron then too. He "invented" a new way to legally travel, the Crab Dribble and "simulates" constantly.

I thought this was going to be about Harden drawing so many fouls, but nope.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 08:29:35 PM »
I have the pleasure of watching the Beard all the time. He is almost single handedly responsible for the Rockets success this year. My MVP choice.

He is skilled at driving and drawing fouls, but that is not cheating.

Of course if you chose not to like his style of play you can vote him off the first team All NBA, and deny our 56 wins, or our first and second round playoff wins.

Admittedly, we guess we have run into a Golden State buzz saw, and you wont have to see him in the NBA finals....this year.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 05:58:21 PM »
It's not cheating.  It's taking advantage of the fact that the NBA has gone extremely soft as a whole.  Of course there is still star treatment so the big names in the game get a bigger number of calls, but even the nobodies get extremely soft calls.  You can't protect your rim anymore or it's a flagrant foul, you can play as good of defense as you want but if the offensive player with the ball forces his way into you and creates contact you're called for a foul, if you take a shot with a defender closely contesting it all you have to do is jerk around a little after you release it and you'll get the call, etc.  These things used to be reserved for just the Hardens, Durants, Jameses, Wades, etc. of the NBA.  Now every player in the NBA is getting these calls, and it's making it harder to watch.  Hopefully they can find a happy medium between the "Bad Boy" Piston days and the current state where players are protected but you can still play some defense.

Thankfully in both Conference Finals series they have cut down on a few of the ridiculous flopping around calls that they typically give, and it's funny to see players reactions to not getting those calls (Harden, Howard - although Howard whines no matter what...he gets boxed out?  Come on man!  You can't do that!)

I find it funny that the one play they fine a player for "flopping" was hardly a flop at all (there was actually contact when Curry went to the ground).  Guys like Harden and James should be fined for just about every foul they draw if that was flopping.  If guys their size can get hit hard enough to create that kind of movement from them then those defenders have superhuman strength.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:07:45 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 08:05:24 PM »
I think it sucks how basketball fans seem to accept how soft the NBA has become.  Some of the play from the modern offenses is fantastic but the simulation and inconsistency is worse than european soccer.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 08:44:12 PM »
Talk about soft. Wow!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 07:43:23 AM »
Folks are trying to make like this is all something new in the now-"soft" NBA.

Michael pushed off before shooting about 15-20 times per game, including on one of the most famous shots of his career. Opponents used to whine Dominique traveled on every play. Please.

Stars get away with stuff. That's not exactly a "man bites dog" headline, and it's certainly nothing new.

And, as others said, not a single thing mentioned is cheating.

It is up to Harden to play; it is up to the refs to enforce the rules. It's not as if he is biting opponents or punching them in the kidneys when the refs aren't looking.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson