[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kyle Washington  (Read 90166 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Kyle Washington
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2015, 09:54:50 PM »
Does anyone have a grad transfer update?  I'm still concerned that next year team has 10 players (three open) so we have space and potentially time available. 

I still think a priority has to be picking up grad transfers for next year.  (At this point a 15 HS grad won't work because the roster is full after next year.

Not looking likely.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2015, 10:08:57 PM »
If we sign Washington, does that take us out of the running for Amir Coffey?

I don't think it does.  Too much time for attrition via transfer, a player turning pro, etc.  A lot to play out yet.  Plus I wouldn't be shocked if Coffey decides to wait until spring in order to see what kind of offers he might get with a big SR year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2015, 10:10:06 PM »
I don't think it does.  Too much time for attrition via transfer, a player turning pro, etc.  A lot to play out yet.  Plus I wouldn't be shocked if Coffey decides to wait until spring in order to see what kind of offers he might get with a big SR year.

I think the Hauser commit is more likely to take us out of the Coffey running.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2015, 10:23:31 PM »

Depends on a lot of things.  Will HE turn pro?  Does Wojo believe in oversigning or not?  What is Coffey's timeline and who else offers him?  Will they're be an unhappy wing that transfers?  Will Wally leave to train for the Olympics?  How many recruits does Wojo adopt? How many walk-ons will Giannis pay for?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2015, 10:48:18 PM »

Yes, more so than Washington on a positional-need basis. That said, neither do. Amir is quite versatile.

Related note... I wouldn't project Amir or Kyle as super-high usage guys... They can work well in different roles offensively
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2015, 12:24:25 AM »
But wait ... I was supposed to be "concerned" because Wojo didn't have a plan.

I'm guessing that you were never able to quite get there though...  ;)
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2015, 12:29:52 AM »
If we sign Washington, does that take us out of the running for Amir Coffey?

If we can get Coffey, I guarantee a scholarship will appear
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2015, 12:30:08 AM »
I'm importing this into this thread from the "official transfer thread" in case anyone hasn't seen it there, and to increase my post count.

A DePaul Alum in the New York area, Dan Stack, got an interview with Washington for a website called Today's U.  Here's what he got.

Ex-North Carolina State forward/center Kyle Washington has released a list of 10 schools he is considering transferring to on Wednesday. After two years in Raleigh, Washington wants a fresh start and he talked with TodaysU about his future plans.

Among the schools (in no order) he is considering are: Kansas, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Providence, Butler, Marquette, Iowa, Iowa State, Arizona State and Xavier.

“I like that they (the schools) focused on my strengths and where I need to get better, “ Washington said about what attracted him to these programs. “A lot of these schools have a history of doing well with people in my position. They have a history of doing well with transfers.”

Washington, a native of Champlin, Minnesota (although his family is now in New York) said location is not of the utmost importance, but it could play a factor.

“A little bit,” Washington said when asked about the location of the school being a factor. “As long as I’m comfortable with where I’m at, I’m happy and I’m in a good situation that I like, than everything will be alright.”

Washington, a 6’9”, 230-pound forward/center, has always been an energy guy with the Wolfpack. He possesses boundless enthusiasm and always plays with a high motor. With his playing time getting squeezed at N.C. State, he thinks now is time for a change of scenery.

“I saw myself in a different light than coach (Mark) Gottfried did,” Washington said. “I felt it would be better for me and my family to move on. I’m grateful for my opportunity at N.C. State, and playing in one of the best conferences in the nation.”

Washington is coming off a season in which he averaged 6.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game on .467 percent shooting from the the field and .718 percent from the free-throw line. He can also step out and hit the occasional three. Washington has nice range, as he connected on .538 percent of his three-point attempts (7-13).

To date, Washington has scored 404 points, pulled down 278 rebounds and blocked 58 shots in his career with the Pack. For whatever school he chooses, he’ll bring a versatile set of skills to his new team, as Washington can score, rebound and block shots. Washington can certainly do a lot of things well for a big man.

He thinks he can add an extra dimension to the next school he chooses.

“My approach to the game (is a strength),” Washington added. “I take basketball, winning and being successful seriously. It’s about the team first and then the individual. I want to be the best (and ) I want my team to be the best. I’m a very positive thinker. I don’t think about any negativity and that’s one of my best attributes.”

Washington wants to be thorough with his decision and will not rush the process. He will have two years of eligibility left at the school he chooses. Washington will have to sit out next season, as per NCAA Division I transfer rules.

“I just want to be sure I’m happy with my decision,” Washington said. “I want a coach that has a vision for me moving forward”

You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2015, 09:50:49 AM »
Does anyone have a grad transfer update?  I'm still concerned that next year team has 10 players (three open) so we have space and potentially time available.  

I still think a priority has to be picking up grad transfers for next year.  (At this point a 15 HS grad won't work because the roster is full after next year.

There are two open schollies for 15-16, only one for 16-17. If we grab Washington, 16-17's roster would be full with 13 schollies (that will change), and we'd still have one available for 15-16. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2015, 10:14:37 AM »
Have been hopeful on Kyle since hearing of his transfer out of NC State. Him being from my high school is a plus, but really do think the fit is lovely. He liked the school back when Buzz was here.. hoping this deal is sealed soon!

Beej, what year did you graduate from Benilde?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MisterJaylenBrownMU

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2015, 10:28:57 AM »
When he reclassified in 2013, Washington had offers from the likes of Memphis, Ohio State, Baylor, Florida, Louisville, Washington, Notre Dame, Miami, Iowa State, Marquette, Wisconsin, and Xavier. That's a pretty nice list of interested suitors.  I know he got a raw deal at N.C. State getting passed over by Freeman, but I think he'd be a solid addition here.  Loads of talent.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2015, 11:12:26 AM »
Beej, what year did you graduate from Benilde?

Long ago. Before Devean George did.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2015, 11:34:56 AM »
Mike Hopkins #pcbb ‏@pcbb1917  40m40 minutes ago
NC State soph transfer Kyle Washington scheduled to visit Marquette June 5-7, per source. Has 2 years of eligibility left #mubb @becb_sbn

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2015, 11:50:09 AM »
NC State soph transfer Kyle Washington scheduled to visit Marquette June 5-7, per source. Has 2 years of eligibility left #mubb @becb_sbn

Outstanding.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2015, 11:52:13 AM »

What's the weather forecast?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2015, 11:57:26 AM »

Let's hope he follows the model and commits within a couple days after that.  03eng, immediately plan another poorly timed podcast.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2015, 11:58:04 AM »

It will be raining talented transfers and other commits.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2015, 12:13:59 PM »

You guys and your running "inside" jokes make it nauseating to read the board. It hijacks nearly every thread. They aren't funny, never were funny and are extremely tiresome. Somehow you've created some tournament on these and others celebrate it. Just stop.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2015, 12:16:18 PM »
You guys and your running "inside" jokes make it nauseating to read the board. It hijacks nearly every thread. They aren't funny, never were funny and are extremely tiresome. Somehow you've created some tournament on these and others celebrate it. Just stop.

Cloudy but warm that weekend.  Low to mid 70s.  A chance of rain, so you won't need the sprinkler out that weekend or else you'll see the bike tire tracks I'm leaving in your yard.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2015, 12:19:51 PM »

Sigh, you're worse than a Groin Pull
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2015, 12:34:17 PM »
Sigh, you're worse than a Groin Pull

+10000

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2015, 12:37:28 PM »
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2015, 12:38:09 PM »

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2015, 12:40:22 PM »
Based on who we've been mentioned with...is there a pecking order in who we'd like to have committed?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2015, 12:45:33 PM »
Yes, it is overly nauseating.  Getting tired of the nonsense on this board.  Even the Bucky boys recognize the too often juvenile/tacky/biased nature of this forum.  Hard to believe that the vast majority of these folks are college educated.

feedback