[Today at 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks]Checking in on the offseason  (Read 3123 times)

CrackedSidewalksSays

[Cracked Sidewalks]Checking in on the offseason
« on: May 17, 2015, 08:15:06 PM »
Checking in on the offseason

It's been a while since we podded so we come back to check in on the off season.  First we talk about the new commit of 2015 (that we knew of at the time, more on that later), Andrew Rowsey.  Next we discuss the status of the Bucks stadium deal, which has a significant impact on Marquette in future seasons.  We then transition to some rule discussion, I know, hot stuff.  We then talk Marquette and the NBA to close out the pod.  I told you the off season.  Editors note:  This pod was recorded 2 hours before Sam Hauser committed to Marquette.  All jokes and references to Marquette getting a commit within 24 hours of the podcast being posted were recorded prior to his commitment.....just thought you should know what geniuses you are dealing with.  <iframe id='audio_iframe' src='http://www.podbean.com/media/player/sw2pu-5613b6?from=wp' data-link='http://www.podbean.com/media/player/sw2pu-5613b6?from=wp' height='100' width='100%' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' data-name='pb-iframe-player' ></iframe>  Download this episode (right click and save)

Source: Checking in on the offseason

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks]Checking in on the offseason
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 01:21:04 PM »
Afternoon bump
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 02:47:29 PM »
So you missed Hauser by like 20 minutes?

You ought to do a 'remote' from the BBQ.  You know, talking with your mouth full and stuff.  Quality podcasting there.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 02:54:11 PM »
So you missed Hauser by like 20 minutes?

You ought to do a 'remote' from the BBQ.  You know, talking with your mouth full and stuff.  Quality podcasting there.

Yep we missed being able to talk about it by about 20-30 minutes....super awesome, it's like the 4th time that's happened to us.  Usually its like 24 hours so this was extreme.

You act as if I don't podcast with my mouth full now  ;)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 04:02:04 PM »
Yep we missed being able to talk about it by about 20-30 minutes....super awesome, it's like the 4th time that's happened to us.  Usually its like 24 hours so this was extreme.

It's funny.  You actually sound halfway articulate on the 'radio'.  Of course we both know better in real life.   ::) 

Oh by the way, your new permanent Dean was a friend of chick back in the day.  They were GDLs together.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 04:23:19 PM »

So what you're saying is you need to schedule your podcasts for the hour or so after a big time recruit's official visit to MU ends?  Take 1 for the Marquette basketball program and schedule it that way from now on, please and thank you.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 08:33:08 PM »
It's funny.  You actually sound halfway articulate on the 'radio'.  Of course we both know better in real life.   ::) 

Oh by the way, your new permanent Dean was a friend of chick back in the day.  They were GDLs together.

I'm really surprised they wore her down to the point she'd take the job.  I think she's a strong choice but I'd always heard she wanted nothing to do with it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 08:34:18 PM »
So what you're saying is you need to schedule your podcasts for the hour or so after a big time recruit's official visit to MU ends?  Take 1 for the Marquette basketball program and schedule it that way from now on, please and thank you.

We honestly tried, that's why we were joking about it.  I'm just glad it was a commit.....last two times this happened it was transfers, I was developing a complex

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 08:56:26 PM »
I'm really surprised they wore her down to the point she'd take the job.  I think she's a strong choice but I'd always heard she wanted nothing to do with it.

That was the reality for a long time.  Guess Mike can be persuasive.

feedback