Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser commits to Marquette!  (Read 35411 times)

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
Re: Sam Hauser commits to Marquette!
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2015, 08:11:45 AM »
This is  great news for MU, Sam we can't wait to  see you play for Warrior nation.
Rowsey looks like he can really shoot, another great pick up. Wojo is doing a fantastic job.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2015, 08:14:38 AM »
Must have been the chili.

It's always the chilli....

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2015, 08:14:47 AM »
Hauser visits Virginia, a wonderful university with a pretty campus in a mostly good-weather locale. Virginia is coached by a proven winner and has been on outstanding team for several years with legit Final Four aspirations. One weekend later, he visits Marquette and commits to Wojo.

Ellenson visits Marquette and commits to Wojo, canceling his visit to Kentucky, the No. 1 college program in the nation the last few years.

Moral of the story: We all should stop trying to read into the order of a recruit's visits.

A chance to stay close to your family and have a shot at major minutes on a team that gets national exposure is a powerful draw.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2015, 08:25:58 AM »
Great job by Wojo. The guy can most definitely recruit. Things are looking up.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2015, 08:39:40 AM »
I also know that due to the actual or perceived snub by UW that SAm has a huge chip on his shoulder and is highly motivated to show them they were wrong for ignoring him!

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2015, 08:54:46 AM »
Golden Avalanche and Boone think Sam made a bad decision.  Pity.

Haha. For an old man, you sure do spend a lot of time in an internet forum creating false realities. If only your family got half the effort you spend here.

More importantly, Hauser is a great addition to the program. Good job by Wojo.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2015, 08:54:52 AM »
I see we even made NBC News Online.

In-state small forward becomes Marquette’s first 2016 commitment

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/17/in-state-small-forward-becomes-marquettes-first-2016-commitment/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Sunday proved to be a good one on the recruiting front for the Marquette program. Hours after former UNC Asheville guard Andrew Rowsey announced that he was transferring to the Big East program, 2016 small forward Sam Hauser announced on Twitter that he’s decided to remain in his home state.

Proud to say I am committing to Marquette University! Can't wait to be be a Golden Eagle and be apart of the MUBB family!
— Sam Hauser (@Big_Smooth10) May 17, 2015

The 6-foot-6 Hauser, who hails from Stevens Point, Wisconsin, picked Marquette after officially visiting the school this weekend. The commitment comes one week after he officially visited Virginia, and he also held offers from programs such as Creighton, Iowa State and Richmond.

“Sam Hauser has a tremendous skill level for a forward and is a great in-state addition for Marquette,” NBC Sports recruiting insider Scott Phillips said. “He shoots the ball well and has a high basketball IQ for a player of his class and position.”

Hauser will join a program that will not have a senior on its roster in year two of the Steve Wojciechowski era in 2015-16. Among those who Hauser will compete with for opportunities upon his arrival in Milwaukee are Minnesota transfer Wally Ellenson, who will be a redshirt junior in 2015-16, and rising sophomore Sandy Cohen III.

This summer Marquette adds one of the nation’s top recruiting classes, a quintet led by five-star forward Henry Ellenson (Wally’s little brother). Another note regarding Hauser is that he’s the older brother of Joey Hauser, a 6-foot-6 forward in the Class of 2018 who’s already on the receiving end of interest (and offers) from Division I programs.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2015, 09:40:51 AM »
Great stuff. Well done by Wojo and Company!!!

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2015, 09:40:57 AM »
For those in the recruiting know, where do you expect Sam Hauser to be rated when all is said and done? Top 50 guy?  Not that it really matters, just curious, as he doesn't appear to be in ESPN's top 60, and is rated just inside the top 100 on 247.

Thanks!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2015, 11:49:44 AM »
For those in the recruiting know, where do you expect Sam Hauser to be rated when all is said and done? Top 50 guy?  Not that it really matters, just curious, as he doesn't appear to be in ESPN's top 60, and is rated just inside the top 100 on 247.

Thanks!

IMHO, if Sam rises above 70 it will say more about what recruiting gurus think about Wojo then what they think about Sam.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2015, 11:59:34 AM »

Thanks!

I think Sam should be a top-50 guy, but don't think he will be. He faces an uphill climb because his AAU program isn't sponsored by a big shoe company. Guys that play in the Nike EYBL, Adidas Uprising, and Under Armour Association have a huge edge in that they are seen regularly playing with and against the best, and all the major scouts spend their time at those events.

Because of that, I wouldn't worry about Hauser's ranking.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »
Scholarship table needs an update!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2015, 12:26:58 PM »
For Freeport and others who have seen both, it almost seems like Hauser has a similar recruiting story to LaChance in that neither are viewed as top athletes so there seemed to be some hesitance by major programs to offer despite very high basketball IQs and shooting abilities.  Obviously LaChance played more point guard throughout high school and Hauser is viewed as a wing and Hauser is taller, but are the overall questions about their abilities somewhat similar?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2015, 12:39:39 PM »
If Hauser has a big showing at summer camps that can help his ranking.  But I also wouldn't be too concerned about his ranking as so much goes into that.  I'd say he's good enough to be top 50-75; Jaybee called him a top 40-70 type player.  Great shooter and smart player.

Wojo will ultimately be defined by his ability to evaluate talent and develop players.  If guys like Hauser, Cheatham, Anim, and Carter outperform their rankings then we'll know Wojo can do both.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2015, 12:57:36 PM »
Sam's mom was named ast. director of the WIAA.
I never made that connection.  That doesn't hurt.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2015, 02:17:35 PM »
Our priority now is a tough rebounding power forward along side Fischer.

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2015, 02:29:35 PM »
Welcome to MU. 

I enjoy Wojo's recruiting so much better.  Basketball players that are athletes, not athletes that are basketball players.

I like the Hauser signing, but he really isn't much of an athlete. If he was given how well he can shoot the ball, that kid would have been a top 30-40ish recruit. He'd also likely be signed with Wisconsin.

Shooting is really important though for not just making threes, but also spacing. Maybe Buzz would have also recruited Hauser even with his limited athletic gifts, but probably not. There is a pretty stark difference in the type of players both guys recruited. Hopefully it results in winning, but on the surface at least, Wojo seems to be a quality recruiter.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2015, 02:50:14 PM »
I think Sam should be a top-50 guy, but don't think he will be. He faces an uphill climb because his AAU program isn't sponsored by a big shoe company. Guys that play in the Nike EYBL, Adidas Uprising, and Under Armour Association have a huge edge in that they are seen regularly playing with and against the best, and all the major scouts spend their time at those events.

Because of that, I wouldn't worry about Hauser's ranking.

I don't worry about anyone's ranking.

I'm happy to wait to see how they "rank" once they are actually playing for the Warriors!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2015, 02:53:29 PM »
I like the Hauser signing, but he really isn't much of an athlete. If he was given how well he can shoot the ball, that kid would have been a top 30-40ish recruit. He'd also likely be signed with Wisconsin.

Shooting is really important though for not just making threes, but also spacing. Maybe Buzz would have also recruited Hauser even with his limited athletic gifts, but probably not. There is a pretty stark difference in the type of players both guys recruited. Hopefully it results in winning, but on the surface at least, Wojo seems to be a quality recruiter.

Is there a single top 30-40 kid on Bucky's roster?  Was there last year or the year before?  I mean to be fair Bo did develop some outstanding players.  But none were McDonald's AAs recruited by Kentucky or Duke.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2015, 05:10:06 PM »
Is there a single top 30-40 kid on Bucky's roster?  Was there last year or the year before?  I mean to be fair Bo did develop some outstanding players.  But none were McDonald's AAs recruited by Kentucky or Duke.

Sam Dekker was ranked 19th on RSCI top 100.

https://sites.google.com/site/rscihoops/home/2012-final

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2015, 07:42:45 PM »

From what i recall reading, Hauser supposedly wanted to play at Wisconsin, but just never got an offer and he didn't want to wait around just hoping to get one.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2015, 08:01:39 PM »
Besides, Bo will be 87 before Sam graduates, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2015, 08:16:54 PM »
From what i recall reading, Hauser supposedly wanted to play at Wisconsin, but just never got an offer and he didn't want to wait around just hoping to get one.

Sam might have felt that way when Wojo was first hired, but Wojo won Sam over fairly quickly. A Wisconsin offer in the past 8 or 9 months wouldn't have mattered.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2015, 09:07:11 PM »
Our priority now is a tough rebounding power forward along side Fischer.

So MU can sit HE?  DeWhat?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2015, 09:34:41 PM »
For Freeport and others who have seen both, it almost seems like Hauser has a similar recruiting story to LaChance in that neither are viewed as top athletes so there seemed to be some hesitance by major programs to offer despite very high basketball IQs and shooting abilities.  Obviously LaChance played more point guard throughout high school and Hauser is viewed as a wing and Hauser is taller, but are the overall questions about their abilities somewhat similar?
My opinion is that Hauser and LaChance are similarly effective shooters. Both have an excellent pump fake (or two) and get their shot off quick. You never really understand it until you see it at game speed. They are just heady players who have seen it all through high-level AAU. They get guarded by some of the top athletes in the country, but rather than force anything, they are patient and wait for opportunities. The next thing you know, they just reeled off three threes and a pull-up jumper from the elbow. They are at a different level than most. Take a guy like Jake Thomas for example.  He was a was a good shooter in practice, but he could never really get his shot off because he didn't do anything other than shoot. Hauser and LaChance set you up. They have pull-ups. Double pump fakes. Step backs. And even better, they have been working off the ball since a very young age. There are a ton of very talented kids out there who do nothing unless the ball is in the hands. Not these guys. They do some of their best work off the ball setting guys up. Very psyched to have Sam on our squad and what better entree for Joey Hauser in 2018.

feedback