[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jordan McCabe  (Read 27307 times)

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
Jordan McCabe
« on: May 16, 2015, 01:55:18 PM »
Has interest from Minnesota,Wisconsin,Virginia,Missouri,Marquette,Xavier,Michigan St. and Iowa St.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
Re: Jordan McCabe
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 02:55:24 PM »
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 05:18:52 PM »
He's a magician with the ball and can shoot.  The questions I have are 1. How tall is he? A and, 2.  How's his defense?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 07:47:06 PM »
Is he Jewish?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 08:33:55 PM »
Own a boot?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 09:05:34 PM »
Is he Jewish?

Does he hang out with some chick named Mrs. Miller?

If he comes to Marquette will they name a residence hall after him?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »
Has interest from Minnesota,Wisconsin,Virginia,Missouri,Marquette,Xavier,Michigan St. and Iowa St.

Michigan State?  I guess Winston isn't that good.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 09:11:59 PM »
He's a magician with the ball and can shoot.  The questions I have are 1. How tall is he? A and, 2.  How's his defense?
5' 10". Not good. I know I sound like a broken record and will admit he will probably get a D1 offer, but I cannot see success at that level because I don't know who he could guard. He has as good as handle as I have ever seen.  I found myself watching his game last night hating all but a few of the shots he takes. His domination of the ball makes me feel bad for the rest of his team.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 10:07:34 PM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 09:17:06 AM »
http://youtu.be/Cb8GCUQdvr0

What that video does not show is Henry putting Jordan on his ass after JM put on the dribbling exposition at the expense of HE's teammate. Henry had some choice words for Jordan.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 05:02:53 PM »
Missouri is making strongest push

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 07:07:45 PM »
had quite a good camp in Atlanta this weekend at the super soph. camp.Played in the final game at camp made up of the top 20 kids picked out of the 120 invited.Visiting Misssouri this week,believe he's stopping in at MU on way back home.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 07:49:56 PM »
Super talented guard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 09:25:07 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 10:45:56 PM »
Has ball handling ability  The question is what is the best level for him to have the most success in basketball ? Personally I think he would make a very good contribution at the D3 level.  He needs to show his abilities against stronger more athletic competition to be a bona fide D1 player. Lets see what he looks like in his senior year.

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 07:03:24 AM »

If these schools are showing interest now, and he is playing with some of the top sophs in the country at camps........doesn't sound like D3 to me.

His handle is off the charts.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 07:44:49 AM »
The more I hear about this guy, the more I think Harlem Globetrotters. 

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 09:04:47 AM »
The more I hear about this guy, the more I think Harlem Globetrotters. 

Perfect.  I can see it now.  First he pulls down Greg McDermott's pants while he is arguing with the ref, and then he throws a bucket of confetti onto Dickey Simpkins.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 09:06:26 AM »
Perfect.  I can see it now.  First he pulls down Greg McDermott's pants while he is arguing with the ref, and then he throws a bucket of confetti onto Dickey Simpkins.

I was lukewarm on McCabe until I saw this. With these images now ingrained in my mind, my thought is Go Get Him, Wojo!!!
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 09:34:18 AM »
Bigger question re McCabe is whether or not he is quick enough to defend at the high major level.  Certainly has a lot of ball handling skills and a decent shot from what I saw of him at the WBY Shootout last December.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 09:35:50 AM »
Bigger question re McCabe is whether or not he is quick enough to defend at the high major level.  Certainly has a lot of ball handling skills and a decent shot from what I saw of him at the WBY Shootout last December.

Can he defend and can he play within a system?  As of right now my answer to both of those are a resounding "NO!"
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 09:42:11 AM »
Plus McCabe is really old enough to be a HS JR (and an old one at that).  Participating in a sophomore camp is kinda like this...

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:45:30 AM by Hauser's Headband »

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 11:31:07 AM »
I watched McCabe two weeks ago at the Chicago Classic. He had a couple of awful shooting games in the gold bracket, but the competition was very high. The last game, the Playground Warriors were blown out by Indiana Elite -- a complete a$$ whooping. I have not seen a better handle at any level, he is very Harlem Globetrotter-esque. Fun to watch. This Playground Warrior team is his -- meaning he pretty much never comes out and is featured all of the time. He is Ritchie Davis' next big thing, and he hypes/features him accordingly. Even as the Playground Warriors were getting pummeled by 25 late in the game, McCabel never came out and kept shooting. That ball is going up every second time he touches it -- and he touches it a lot. He has not grown at all in the past few years, and since he is significantly older than almost all the kids (it's called 15U, he is 16 and he turns 17 in beginning of Sept.), and his dad is maybe 5' 9"? I think you have close to a finished product minus the additional strength. I would say he is actually 5' 10".

I think everyone has seen his highlight reels would agree he is a talent. But watch full games against teams with good (not elite) defenders like Indiana Elite or even to a lesser extent Wisconsin United (who they played and beat the game before) and you might see a few flaws. He can take whatever shot he wants on this team with no repercussions. Since they don't have any other real guards beside Whitnall's Tyler Herro (I believe they created the roster specifically for McCabe), he can stay in forever and dominate the ball. He will blow everyone away in high school ball and when his AAU team plays the middling teams, he will get tons of highlights. He really struggles when he has a quick and lengthy defender.

Just last weekend, he made the Top 20 game at a Adidas Top 100 Camp. After watching enough of him, I think he will get a mid-major offer because of the talent and hype, but I think success will be limited because of his defense, size and lack of lateral quickness. Definitely do not want him in a MU jersey, but kudos to any kid who puts in the work to get their college paid for.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:33:53 AM by Freeport Warrior »

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 12:19:13 PM »
I bet while spinning the ball on one finger, he can switch hands between his legs.

I'll get bullish on his college prospects when he becomes known for being dangerous setting up his teammates.

feedback