Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Lineup Efficiencies  (Read 5115 times)

andymartinelli2

• Scholarship Player
Lineup Efficiencies
« on: May 15, 2015, 12:24:21 PM »
We decided to take a look at MU player performance through lineup efficiencies. We thought it was a different way of looking at things.

https://misix.com/in-search-of-marquettes-ideal-lineup

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Lineup Efficiencies
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 09:12:12 PM »
Can't read the lineups represented by the charts due to a layout issue.  "More like this" boxes on the right side of the page cover up the right side of the graphs where the lineups are listed.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 09:39:07 PM »
We decided to take a look at MU player performance through lineup efficiencies. We thought it was a different way of looking at things.

https://misix.com/in-search-of-marquettes-ideal-lineup

So, in other words, it's a Big Man's game.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 09:39:41 PM »
No question, hey? By definition, since the rim is 10 ft. off the ground, ai na?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:41:35 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 10:15:06 PM »
Huh?  Why spend the time post-processing lineups that include guys that will never play for Marquette again?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 10:20:00 PM »
Huh?  Why spend the time post-processing lineups that include guys that will never play for Marquette again?

How is that STJ transfer going, a'ina?

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 11:52:55 PM »
How is that STJ transfer going, a'ina?

I heard he's a transfer, wasn't Wojo looking for a transfer?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

UticaBusBarn

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 12:51:05 PM »

All chat boards are dominated by chat and rarely by facts. Basketball, along with all other sports, are now driven by facts and analysis. Data dominates, and the "eye test" does not. Much of what we might have learned playing high school ball still is important, but a bit less so.

Therefore, the data provided by Andy has a value that far exceeds what we all think we might "know." This probably explains why Andy, Bama, and others rarely get more than a few comments posted to their often insightful, if not dead accurate, analysis.

Rocky, if you cannot figure out the value 2014-15 team data even though it includes players who have moved on to other things you are excluding very useable information. For example, the "big picture" and combinations that might help all of us better understand the 2015-16 year ... as in, is it really a guards game, or do we really need a "big."

It is not the same game it was five years ago, and it will continue to change rapidly. It is best to follow facts and not opinions.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 12:08:48 AM »
Rocky, if you cannot figure out the value 2014-15 team data even though it includes players who have moved on to other things you are excluding very useable information. For example, the "big picture" and combinations that might help all of us better understand the 2015-16 year ... as in, is it really a guards game, or do we really need a "big."

I love facts, and data.  Fact is we only have 4 returning players (Jajuan, Luke, Duane, and Sandy).   And unfortunately, you can't get much useful information trying to project that data which is less than 40 % of the 2015-16 team.  Take HS data (or transfer data), and try to interpolate it.  Great.  But reading how much better Steve Taylor was as a 4 rather a 5, doesn't tell me much...other than we all knew that already.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:30:37 AM by rocky_warrior »

andymartinelli2

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 07:54:12 AM »
Rocky, you're right. This really doesn't do much for projecting next year's performance or give very useful information.. We were just looking into a new way, for us at least, to look at the team going forward and needed to see what would work best before next season started.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 10:07:44 AM »
Rocky, you're right. This really doesn't do much for projecting next year's performance or give very useful information.. We were just looking into a new way, for us at least, to look at the team going forward and needed to see what would work best before next season started.

Fair enough, and like I said, I would be interested in that data after the "new" team has played a few games together next year.

I do appreciate the work it takes to put these things together, the timing was just a bit odd (and I may have been a bit grumpy).

MUMBA

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 10:08:41 AM »
For those of us who like to nerd out with stats, I say keep these posts coming.  It's summer.  And a post like this is far more interesting to chew on a post like this than to wade through scooper p*ssing matches.

(with that being said, some of the p*ssing-match-turned-meme-tourney-entries made me laugh, no chortle, at my desk. balance = good)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 10:47:33 AM »
For those of us who like to nerd out with stats, I say keep these posts coming.  It's summer.  And a post like this is far more interesting to chew on a post like this than to wade through scooper p*ssing matches.

(with that being said, some of the p*ssing-match-turned-meme-tourney-entries made me laugh, no chortle, at my desk. balance = good)

Balance may be good, but use of the word chortle is better. Well played ;)
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.