[Today at 10:10:04 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 08:56:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ellenson NBA prospects  (Read 25877 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Ellenson NBA prospects
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 01:23:39 PM »
Henry will be with us all four years. We need to tone down the expectations. He is a very solid All State talent for sure and one of the better players that has come along in recent years. But remember all the highlight videos you are watching are against kids who are smaller and less talented. It will take some time for him to adjust. I am confident he will make the transition but I just think it will take some time.

When Henry got to the U-17 he rode the pine a lot and was not nearly as dominant, and that was against other national teams that were not necessarily great either. His best games were against very weak teams. He is not NBA ready yet.

I think his freshman stats will be similar to Lukes this year. By the time he is a senior he will be one of the better players in the Big East.  

That's a bold statement cotton
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Class71

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 01:27:49 PM »
I think Wojo will do whatever he thinks is best to win. Minutes are earned based on contribution to the team. If Ellensen earns alot of minutes then he gets them. I expect he will earn them but if not well we will all be disappointed but let's not blame the coach.. I am in the Marquette fan club and hope Ellenson  is the best player ever to come to MU but if someone contributes more then he should get the minutes. How else should it be done?
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 01:34:35 PM »
That's a bold statement cotton
Two years minimum with brother. Then I think he will stick it out for another two as his game continues to progress.  Doug McDermott poor first season will cast a long shadow on guys like Henry.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2015, 01:36:31 PM »
Doug McDermott poor first season will cast a long shadow on guys like Henry.
Why?  They play nothing alike

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2015, 02:44:04 PM »
Henry will not be at MU for 4 years. The money is too great in the Association to take a pass 'til later. Not happenin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2015, 04:19:01 PM »
Barring injury, Henry Ellenson will play one year at MU. Put me on record for this.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2015, 04:34:47 PM »
Barring injury, Henry Ellenson will play one year at MU. Put me on record for this.

So three years of Wally for one year of Henry?  Squirmy.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »
Henry will be with us all four years. We need to tone down the expectations. He is a very solid All State talent for sure and one of the better players that has come along in recent years. But remember all the highlight videos you are watching are against kids who are smaller and less talented.

I think his freshman stats will be similar to Lukes this year. By the time he is a senior he will be one of the better players in the Big East.  

The fact that you've only seen highlight videos doesn't mean others on this board and elsewhere haven't seen him in person countless times over the year, against varied competition. That's what you must remember.

His FR stats will not be similar to Luke's this year. One-armed Fischer had a sub-20% usage and sub-19% %Shots; Fischer had one 3FGA and 173 2FGA - believe it or not, Henry will take more 3-pt fg attempts than Luke and take a lot more shots than Luke. Statistically, Luke shouldn't even look like Luke from 2014-15.. but as a comp for Henry's projections in 2015-16? That's ridiculous.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2015, 08:01:18 PM »
So three years of Wally for one year of Henry?  Squirmy.

Isn't four years of Ellenson the dream? ;)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2015, 08:24:32 PM »
The fact that you've only seen highlight videos doesn't mean others on this board and elsewhere haven't seen him in person countless times over the year, against varied competition. That's what you must remember.

His FR stats will not be similar to Luke's this year. One-armed Fischer had a sub-20% usage and sub-19% %Shots; Fischer had one 3FGA and 173 2FGA - believe it or not, Henry will take more 3-pt fg attempts than Luke and take a lot more shots than Luke. Statistically, Luke shouldn't even look like Luke from 2014-15.. but as a comp for Henry's projections in 2015-16? That's ridiculous.

Yawn.  Will someone wake me up when all of this ends?  Thanks.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2015, 09:26:23 PM »
I agree Brew.  I just hope WOJO isn't a dick and sits him for Frosh mistakes.  HE is one of the highest rated recruits to ever come to MU.  I will be very disappointed if HE doesn't get at least 30 minutes.

Consider a cold shower....
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2015, 09:50:28 PM »
Having Wally for two obviously increases the chances big time.

It's tough though. I want him to do as well as possible but I also know that 2016-2017 would be our year. So if he goes off too much he won't be around lol.

But ultimately it's up to him. I just hope if he does go 1 and done it's because he had a great 1 and done type of year. Not leaving off potential.

Want that year to be worth it at least!!
I have been thinking about this and I think they both are gone after this year. Henry to NBA and Wally to the olympics.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:37:52 PM by bilsu »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 09:54:37 PM »
The only reason Henry will be at MU is to play out the rest of his brother's career with him.

No.  If you are dominating your competition your rate of improvement will plateau.  Sometimes you need a new challenge.  Oh, and being able to focus on your career without the other commitments (such as being in school and having to study).

Good points, all.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2015, 05:06:28 AM »
I have been thinking about this and I think they both are gone fter this year. Henry to NBA and Wally to the olympics.
+1
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2015, 07:11:44 PM »

I have seen him in person. I think he is a strong player who will have a steady upward progression over 4 years . I just have lower expectations for the first year than many seem to have. He will have some good games against the cream puffs for sure, but there will be some learning against the more athletically gifted teams .  Will be one of the top newcomers in the Big East for sure . Big difference between high school and college
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2015, 09:33:53 AM »
If MU lands Kyle Washington, I think that will be a strong indicator that the coaching staff is expecting that Henry is going to be a one-and-done, and that they've told that to Kyle.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2015, 09:54:38 AM »
If MU lands Kyle Washington, I think that will be a strong indicator that the coaching staff is expecting that Henry is going to be a one-and-done, and that they've told that to Kyle.

I hope they have told Washington something like this: "There is a possibility that Henry leaves after one year because he already is being mentioned as a potential lottery pick in 2016. But even if Henry stays, you would be an extremely important part of our program and we would have big plans for you and Henry alongside each other in our frontcourt. Either way, it is a wonderful opportunity for you and for Marquette."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2015, 12:32:09 PM »

Not sure about that.  Hank can play the 3.  In fact, that would be an absolute dream scenario.  Carter (6'), Duane (6'3"), Hank (6'10"), Washington (6'9"), and Luke starting (6'10").  Then you have Cheathem (6'5") Wally (6'6"), Rowsey (5'10"), JJJ (6'5"), Hauser (6'6"), Anim (6'4"), Heldt (6'10"), and hopefully Coffee (6'6") or Greek Freak Jr. (6'9") coming off the bench and you have the college version of the Milwaukee Bucks.  Length and athleticism everywhere.  I would kill for a starting 3-5 of Hank, Washington, and Fischer.  Hank can stretch the floor, Luke the true post, and Washington the energy guy who cleans up all the garbage.  Duane splashing and slashing and Traci running the team.  And a loaded bench.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2015, 12:46:56 PM »
I am not sure about this. Look at it this way Wojo is trying to stock up on experience transfers, so we can make a run at a final four in Henry's sophomore year. Henry may go after one, but Wojo is banking on two years. Henry staying four years would make it harder for Wojo to recruit another top 10 player. Best thing is for Henry to make NBA within two years and the potential recruit from Dominican to make it in two years. Add in Fischer and then Wojo can start telling bigmen he can get them to the NBA.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2015, 12:59:38 PM »
Not sure about that.  Hank can play the 3.  In fact, that would be an absolute dream scenario.  Carter (6'), Duane (6'3"), Hank (6'10"), Washington (6'9"), and Luke starting (6'10").  Then you have Cheathem (6'5") Wally (6'6"), Rowsey (5'10"), JJJ (6'5"), Hauser (6'6"), Anim (6'4"), Heldt (6'10"), and hopefully Coffee (6'6") or Greek Freak Jr. (6'9") coming off the bench and you have the college version of the Milwaukee Bucks.  Length and athleticism everywhere.  I would kill for a starting 3-5 of Hank, Washington, and Fischer.  Hank can stretch the floor, Luke the true post, and Washington the energy guy who cleans up all the garbage.  Duane splashing and slashing and Traci running the team.  And a loaded bench.

Drooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2015, 01:25:35 PM »
Not sure about that.  Hank can play the 3.  In fact, that would be an absolute dream scenario.  Carter (6'), Duane (6'3"), Hank (6'10"), Washington (6'9"), and Luke starting (6'10").  Then you have Cheathem (6'5") Wally (6'6"), Rowsey (5'10"), JJJ (6'5"), Hauser (6'6"), Anim (6'4"), Heldt (6'10"), and hopefully Coffee (6'6") or Greek Freak Jr. (6'9") coming off the bench and you have the college version of the Milwaukee Bucks.  Length and athleticism everywhere.  I would kill for a starting 3-5 of Hank, Washington, and Fischer.  Hank can stretch the floor, Luke the true post, and Washington the energy guy who cleans up all the garbage.  Duane splashing and slashing and Traci running the team.  And a loaded bench.  And Cohen thrown right under the bus!

FIFY

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2015, 02:50:29 PM »
FIFY

Such is the life of college basketball. It's why transfers exist.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2015, 02:58:34 PM »

HE at the three?  I guess we'll see.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2015, 03:35:51 PM »
FIFY

Haha I knew I was forgetting someone. My bad. He's part of the puzzle too. Even better.

I think that's where he'd be his best.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2015, 03:39:52 PM »

I just may... eat some hay... down by the bay...

feedback