[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mike Bargen joining Bradley men's basketball staff  (Read 2997 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Mike Bargen joining Bradley men's basketball staff
« on: May 01, 2015, 10:22:20 PM »
Mike Bargen joining Bradley men's basketball staff

http://www.pjstar.com/article/20150429/SPORTS/150428897/11130/SPORTS

Posted Apr. 29, 2015 at 7:53 PM

PEORIA — Mike Bargen, head men’s basketball coach at Butler Community College (Kan.) the past eight seasons, will join Brian Wardle’s staff at Bradley, the Journal Star has learned.

Bargen, a college teammate with Wardle at Marquette in the late 1990s, is expected to be announced as a BU assistant and complete Wardle’s staff on Thursday.

Bargen has posted a 164-93 mark at Butler County during his tenure, including a 75-22 record the past three seasons.

The Grizzlies were 29-4 last season, winning the Jayhawk West Conference championship and earning an at-large berth to the NJCAA national tournament. They would be ranked as high as No. 4 in the NJCAA Division I poll, finishing at No. 7.

The rest of the Bradley staff — Drew Adams, Jimmie Foster and Rick Karius — has been in place for a few weeks. Wardle repeatedly said he was saving the last spot for Brian Barone, his associate head coach on the Green Bay staff.

Health problems within the Barone family were believed to be the reason for the delay.

Barone’s father, Tony, Sr., a former assistant coach to Dick Versace at Bradley in the 1980s who went on to coach at Creighton, Texas A&M and work in the front office of the Memphis Grizzlies, has been battling cancer for some time.

A native of Hutchinson, Kan., Bargen grew up in a basketball family. His father, Gary, served as head coach at Hutchinson Community College from 1978-86. His team finished third in the 1986 national tournament.

At Marquette, Bargen played from 1995-99 and was a two-year starter. As a senior, he was team captain, leading the team in rebounds and blocks and ranking second in scoring.

Bargen’s coaching career began under Dana Altman at Creighton, where he spent three years as the graduate manager while finishing his Master’s in Business Administration.

He spent the next three seasons as an assistant coach at Butler County before taking over the program reins in 2007.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Mike Bargen joining Bradley men's basketball staff
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »
BU = Marquette South

UWGB was Marquette North. Not anymore.
I guess VTech is Marquette East.
SS Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 01:57:05 PM »
BU = Marquette South

It's Indiana is looking a lot like Marquette South

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 05:24:14 PM »
It's Indiana is looking a lot like Marquette South

The village trash dump may be south of my house, and it may have several items that previously were at my house, but that doesn't make it "my house south".
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 06:12:58 PM »
I think what Murray is sayin', is that he doesn't live at the dump, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 10:11:59 AM »
BU = Marquette South

And of course, Iowa State is Marquette West.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 10:39:45 AM »
I think what Murray is sayin', is that he doesn't live at the dump, ai na?

What I was sayin' - and I'm confident keefe would agree - is that there is no reason to be associatin' I4 with that glorious beacon of blue and gold basketballness cozied on the beautiful shore of Lake Michigan in southeast Wisconsin that is our alma mater.

Upon further reflection, it now seems likely to me that the Keefer was meanin' to compare I4 with the school previously id'd in this thread as Marquette South, Bradley.

I am confident that you can follow the metaphor of items leaving my house to the dump south of my house and items leaving MU for I4 to the south.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:47:56 AM by LittleWade »

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 11:14:21 AM »
Does this increase any chance, however slim, of a Marquette/Bradley series? Not holding my breath, but I'd like to see it.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 12:05:36 PM »
Does this increase any chance, however slim, of a Marquette/Bradley series? Not holding my breath, but I'd like to see it.

Increase, sure.  Make likely, ehhh...

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 11:25:02 AM »
Bargen had it rolling at Butler CC.  Great to see him land on a D1 bench.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart