[Today at 10:10:34 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by tower912
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Game Day at the BC  (Read 34333 times)

ShootinOutWallsofHeartach

• Walk-On
Re: Game Day at the BC
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2015, 11:05:50 PM »
The problem is Milwaukee doesn't have a skyline...

Or, by Cincinnati Skyline, do they mean the chili there?

http://www.skylinechili.com/

Just had an epiphany as to some great advertising for the group trying to Save the Warthog. How about a naming rights deal with the Atlantic10 Conference Tourney? Would work even better if the BigEast grabs Dayton/SLU.....SAVE THE A-10...WARTHOGsFOREVER!!. TANKS FOR NUTHIN myopic govt bureaucrats:(

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2015, 08:26:33 AM »
Could someone answer this for me...."Was it a dream, or did not MU have a Duke-style artist rendering logo of Marquette Hall  somewhere on the Bradley Center floor??? My time frame guesses it was early-Crean era??? Given Wojo's pedigree and his cool Twitter pic affinity for Gothic steeples of assymetric length, couldn't he be convinced that MarquetteHall on the Court would be the perfect complement?!!

Never on the court, but they had Marquette Hall in the pattern on the back of the jerseys.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2015, 09:27:11 AM »
I recall several years ago after Wake Forest played here they thought the game day experience was so good they sent folks up here for pointers and copied a lot of it for their games at the Joel.

IOW, I think the game day experience is fine except those damn parachute drops of crappy shirts never fall near our seats.

It is true that Wake came off impressed but that was 13 years ago.

13 years is akin to an eon when it comes to in-game entertainment options/philosophy, especially since technology has made the viewing experience at home a much more enjoyable option than being in the building.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2015, 10:01:39 AM »
So I know it was previously discussed in this thread about possibly bringing a more "soccer-style" atmosphere to the student section.  And there are definitely some reasonable thoughts that this may not be possible at a basketball game due to the nature of play (faster paced, back and forth scoring, stoppages of play, etc.).

However, I think there is one thing the student section could borrow from the soccer supporters sections that would be cool at the Bradley Center, the use of tifos.

Here are some links to tifos used at MLS games this year:

Seattle Sounders

Quakes home opener

Portland Timbers fans this past weekend

NYCFC fans mocking the Red Bulls fans for being from Jersey when they claim New York

fjm

• All American
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2015, 11:44:44 AM »
That would be awesome. Honestly all I think it would take is people pooling the money together to get a giant sign/flag made. The students would roll that crap out no problem! Look at all the other stuff they love! Give them a giant cardboard head and they are happy for hours! Give them a giant flag for the games, it would become a tradition to pull that out at the first time-out of each half.

deerchaser

• Starter
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2015, 12:28:03 PM »
That's great.

By the way, I believe instead of going away from the band, Marquette should look for some way to expand it and it's repertoire. A college game and a band go hand in hand.

I always thought it could be cool to move the band to the top of the lower bowl; that section right under the suites. They would probably blow out some student eardrums, playing over the top of them, but that would free up their previous section for the standard student attendees and provide some additional continuity to the look of the section.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2015, 05:54:28 PM »
I always thought it could be cool to move the band to the top of the lower bowl; that section right under the suites.

They can't.................that section is now reserved for the media.  ;)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2015, 07:00:08 PM »
Ahem, not to toot my own horn but I brought up that idea at the meeting. Wojo liked it, we'll see.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2015, 09:08:25 AM »
Ahem, not to toot my own horn but I brought up that idea at the meeting. Wojo liked it, we'll see.

Which ideaa? The flags? The band?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2015, 09:31:57 AM »
The first school to incorporate a tifo would be a true hoops trendsetter.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2015, 10:37:46 AM »

Why not us?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2015, 11:12:16 AM »
soccer style atmosphere you say.... ;D

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

source?

• All American
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2015, 11:33:07 AM »

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2015, 12:51:35 PM »
Bumping this since the season is approaching.

Any current students on scoop? I'd like to hear what they think. I know some of the older guys don't like this idea but if the students buy in I think we could create an unbelievable atmosphere for our games.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2015, 12:59:30 PM »
Bumping this since the season is approaching.

Any current students on scoop? I'd like to hear what they think. I know some of the older guys don't like this idea but if the students buy in I think we could create an unbelievable atmosphere for our games.

The big banner idea was brought up at the end of last year with the meeting with Wojo. That was one of the few ideas that Wojo outright said that he loved. I really like it too, of you get a banner going from the upper levels to the bottom.

I was in Nebraska for the Northwestern game this past weekend and the Nebraska student center did something like that and it looked awesome.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2015, 04:31:21 PM »
The big banner idea was brought up at the end of last year with the meeting with Wojo. That was one of the few ideas that Wojo outright said that he loved. I really like it too, of you get a banner going from the upper levels to the bottom.

I was in Nebraska for the Northwestern game this past weekend and the Nebraska student center did something like that and it looked awesome.

I think that would be really cool. You could make them opponent-specific or about Al or about the student section or about Wojo or about the seniors (most years) or about Milwaukee or about...
Signature:

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2015, 05:01:59 PM »
I like to plug this business I've used for banners in Franklin, WI.  It's $1 a square foot, which is as cheap as you're ever going to see.

http://dndbanners.com/

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2015, 07:18:22 PM »
Did ya use da Coach Tom Crean coupon code, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2015, 07:25:14 PM »
Did ya use da Coach Tom Crean coupon code, hey?

Well done sir. Well done.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2015, 11:54:46 AM »
I like to plug this business I've used for banners in Franklin, WI.  It's $1 a square foot, which is as cheap as you're ever going to see.

http://dndbanners.com/

I'd donate a few square feet.
Signature: