[Today at 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[Today at 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pac Man v. Money  (Read 10986 times)

reinko

• All American
Pac Man v. Money
« on: April 28, 2015, 07:21:58 AM »
Who you got? 

🏀

• All American
Re: Pac Man v. Money
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 07:32:41 AM »
Want Paci, but feel like it's going to be Floyd.

The fight is the undercard of the day though, the Derby is going to be fantastic this year.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 07:50:51 AM »
$$$$$$$$$$$
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 09:55:43 AM »
Mayweather will execute his defense first gameplan and win by decision like he always does. However, I'm betting on Manny and want him to win by a knockout in the 12th round. 
Bring back FFP!!!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 10:02:37 AM »
I've been to Money's gym and was hired as a sparing partner for one of the prospects. The work ethic in that place is psychotic. I mean beyond anything I'd ever seen. If he truly is training as hard as he claims he'll have no issues. Also age has affected Pacquiao worse than Mayweather. Personally I think Mayweather is a Dbag, and having been at that gym I have some extra reasons for that belief, if Manny knocks him out I'll love it, if it goes to decision I hope Mayweather wins as he is a stellar boxer and you only live through a talent like his once in a blue moon. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 10:18:58 AM »
Also age has affected Pacquiao worse than Mayweather.

This is the big thing for me.  7-8 years ago, this could be a different story cause Pacquiao was much faster.  Still a great fighter, but far more susceptible to getting whacked when he is over-aggressive as you saw in his most recent losses.  Thats what I think Mayweather wins.  His defense is historic and I think he manages to tag Pacquiao a few times when he gets overeager and gets him a few comfortable rounds to win easy.

Pacquiao's camp has to be thinking he needs a KO, so that would make some of the strategy interesting.

Also, the new Foot Locker commercial with Pacquiao is hysterical.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 10:21:15 AM »
Mayweather, and it wont even be close.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 11:22:29 AM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 12:01:20 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but not only has Floyd never lost as a professional, he has never been knocked down.   I think.    I have interacted with members of his extended family.   Like a vegan does with their being vegan, the Mayweather clan slips their relationship to him into the first two or three sentences.   His track record toward women offends me.    But, he is the best boxer of his generation and in the conversation for best ever.    And he has done it with fragile hands.   How many remember that he had a number of fights postponed due to broken bones in his hands?   And that he fought on after breaking hand bones during fights and still got the win.  IMO, that is one of the reasons he rarely blows an opponent up.   He knows he can play defense, jab, never get tagged, and win by decision.   Hard to argue against his record.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 12:32:43 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but not only has Floyd never lost as a professional, he has never been knocked down.   I think.    I have interacted with members of his extended family.   Like a vegan does with their being vegan, the Mayweather clan slips their relationship to him into the first two or three sentences.   His track record toward women offends me.    But, he is the best boxer of his generation and in the conversation for best ever.    And he has done it with fragile hands.   How many remember that he had a number of fights postponed due to broken bones in his hands?   And that he fought on after breaking hand bones during fights and still got the win.  IMO, that is one of the reasons he rarely blows an opponent up.   He knows he can play defense, jab, never get tagged, and win by decision.   Hard to argue against his record.

Was knocked down by zab judah but it was ruled a slip
Maigh Eo for Sam

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 03:35:51 PM »

He has technically been knocked down in a fight before. Against Zab Judah and also I believe against Carlos Hernandez, but neither was a true knockdown.
As for him never losing a fight, that depends on who you ask. While he's never lost based on official scorecards, most diehard boxing fans, I do consider myself one of those, feel he lost his first fight versus Jose Luis Castillo. You can find it on youtube.
Floyd did come back to convincingly win the rematch, but no doubt in my mind that JLC deserved the nod the first time around.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 04:20:14 PM »
He has technically been knocked down in a fight before. Against Zab Judah and also I believe against Carlos Hernandez, but neither was a true knockdown.
As for him never losing a fight, that depends on who you ask. While he's never lost based on official scorecards, most diehard boxing fans, I do consider myself one of those, feel he lost his first fight versus Jose Luis Castillo. You can find it on youtube.
Floyd did come back to convincingly win the rematch, but no doubt in my mind that JLC deserved the nod the first time around.

I agree with you about the original Castillo fight, but I don't think it was as convincing as people act like it was.  I think a lot of what people construed as power punches weren't as solidly connecting as people thought. 

Completely forgot he was knocked down by Hernandez. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 04:30:27 PM »
I agree with most , that this fight is happening about five years too late, but hey, better late than never.
They are both a bit past their primes and have already made their marks on the sport. The winner of this fight will cement themselves as the best fighter of this current generation(last 15-20 years) of boxers. They are both first ballot hall of famers and all time top 50 fighters, some put Mayweather in top 10-15 all time.  At this point in their careers there is no one left for them to fight, but each other. I for one am glad this fight got made even though the price for the PPV is steep.  I am begrudgingly forking over the $100 to watch it, and hoping Pac can pull off the upset.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 12:13:12 PM »
The fight is the undercard of the day though, the Derby is going to be fantastic this year.

Screw the misspelled Pharoah, Dortmund might be more of an impressive specimen than his father.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 01:40:46 PM »
Screw the misspelled Pharoah, Dortmund might be more of an impressive specimen than his father.

Stanford scratched, so Pharoah moves into the dreaded 17 position.  No winner has ever started in 17.
I too like Dortmund.  Not an original thought, but Dortmund is battle tested. 
Ludum habemus.

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 02:34:49 PM »
If I'm betting a straight win I'll usually go for a bit of a longshot. Usually the 8-1 through about 15-1 odds.
I'll take Carpe Diem(8-1) and in honor of the fight Itsaknockout(13-1). Also, keep an eye on Materiality(12-1). Those would be my longshot bets.

If betting exacta, I'll usually include one of the favorites. Dortmund(3-1) to win, with American Pharaoh to place. Though you could flip those two. Would pair Dortmund up with a longer shot too.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 06:17:03 PM »
I went with a Dortmund - Materiality Exacta Box. I don't like the American Pharaoh start position.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 09:10:30 PM »
I'm a Pac fan, and I think he's gonna lose.

Mayweather is gonna go turtle and if that's boxing, pack him and yourself up and go back to the 1800s.

I'm actually not even getting into the hype.

I'm looking forward to empty theaters for Avengers during the match.
SS Marquette

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 09:49:34 PM »
Anybody got a stream?  Neither bar by my house has the fight

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 09:50:49 PM »
You should move before the next big fight, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 10:37:02 PM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2015, 11:50:32 PM »
Eh. I don't watch a lot of boxing, but it seemed pretty boring to me. Floyd clearly is the better technical fighter. I wonder if he has enough energy left after that fight to go hit some women tonight.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 12:43:09 AM »
Eh. I don't watch a lot of boxing, but it seemed pretty boring to me. Floyd clearly is the better technical fighter. I wonder if he has enough energy left after that fight to go hit some women tonight.

Naw, I'm sure all that running and hugging wore him out.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2015, 02:15:22 AM »
Mayweather's name should never be mentioned in the same sentence with Ali.

Ali will forever be the king!
SS Marquette