[Today at 05:26:50 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MUScoop/Marquette scarf  (Read 15348 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
MUScoop/Marquette scarf
« on: April 26, 2015, 11:33:37 AM »
I'm not a logistics person but if someone is willing to set up a Marquette / MUScoop scarf, I'd be down for two at least.

http://www.ruffneckscarves.com/
SS Marquette

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: MUScoop/Marquette scarf
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »
The scarf is like a wearable sign to hold up at spring events. I wonder why it hasn't caught on in other sports.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 01:58:54 PM »
only if you can convert it into a vest and vice versa
don't...don't don't don't don't

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 10:47:23 AM »
Is anyone handy with Photoshop and willing to submit a couple MU designs or should I just order this one?

http://www.ruffneckscarves.com/products/ukraine-scarf

I'm all for anything that will make our basketball games have a more soccer-like atmosphere.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 10:54:59 AM »
You know they sell Marquette scarves like these in the Spirit Shop right?

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 11:00:17 AM »
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:05:18 AM by Henry Sugar »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 11:00:49 AM »
Is anyone handy with Photoshop and willing to submit a couple MU designs or should I just order this one?

http://www.ruffneckscarves.com/products/ukraine-scarf

I'm all for anything that will make our basketball games have a more soccer-like atmosphere.
As long as you are not sitting in front of me, I'm okay with it   :)  or if you are as long as you refrain from holding it up during game action.  However, that would actually give me a reason to stand, which I prefer during the big games... so maybe I'm okay with it at times  ?-(

I too am all for things that will make the games more interactive and more like a soccer atmosphere... a party atmosphere... except big objects between me and the floor during action or as stated, at least at times...  ?-(
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:02:34 AM by GOO »

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 11:03:19 AM »
As long as you are not sitting in front of me, I'm okay with it   :)  or if you are as long as you refrain from holding it up during game action.  However, that would actually give me a reason to stand, which I prefer during the big games... so maybe I'm okay with it at times  ?-(

I too am all for things that will make the games more interactive and more like a soccer atmosphere... a party atmosphere... except big objects between me and the floor during action or as states, at least at times...  ?-(

Geezer.

Signature:

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 11:11:37 AM »

I too am all for things that will make the games more interactive and more like a soccer atmosphere... a party atmosphere... except big objects between me and the floor during action or as stated, at least at times...  ?-(

I went to a Portland Timbers game and they do an incredible job of this. They have guys in front of the Timbers Army - student section equivalent - that lead the crowd so everyone is in unison. They sing and chant and wave flags and bang drums the entire time, and that energy permeates to the rest of the crowd. I spent half the game thinking about how great/unique that could be at a college basketball game. It would make for a great home court advantage, although I don't think the BC would allow us to set off smoke bombs when we score.
Signature:

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 12:16:58 PM »
This thread reminds of me of those old clips of the Bay City Rollers fans in the 70's

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »
Couldn't find one online...

Update:

https://twitter.com/MUSpiritShop/status/593445450558140416

Seen those, will not get one with Golden Eagles on it.  Doesn't have to be Warriors but I still refuse to where anything the Golden Eagle on it (pic or word).  Would much rather go with Marquette as a brand and stop there.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 12:28:31 PM »
I went to a Portland Timbers game and they do an incredible job of this. They have guys in front of the Timbers Army - student section equivalent - that lead the crowd so everyone is in unison. They sing and chant and wave flags and bang drums the entire time, and that energy permeates to the rest of the crowd. I spent half the game thinking about how great/unique that could be at a college basketball game. It would make for a great home court advantage, although I don't think the BC would allow us to set off smoke bombs when we score.

Love those Timbers games and feel the same way.  They really do a good job of having great atmosphere inside and outside the stadium....I think a new arena complex could really help with this as well, not just scarves  ;D ;)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 12:37:05 PM »
What is the policy on wearing it backwards if over 40?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 12:38:47 PM »
They already sell something very similar in the Spirit Shop.  I own one.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 12:42:31 PM »
What is the policy on wearing it backwards if over 40?

Partial douche move

314warrior

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »
I went to my first Premier League match a few weeks ago (Liverpool @ Arsenal), and was blown away by the atmosphere.  It made me sad that my US spectator sport of choice, CBB, doesn't live up.  It actually made me embarrassed at all the charades that go on to keep people engaged. 

Anyways, I actually have one of those scarves hanging in my garage.  I've always used it as ornamental and never wore it to the game.  I guess I'm part of the problem :). Next time I go to a game, I'll try to bring it along.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 01:13:36 PM »
I have one of those scarfs and never wear it.  As much as I'd like to wear scarfs to keep my neck warm, I've learned from reading scoop that wearing scarfs in-doors is not acceptable. 

I will note, however, that those scarfs must have been approved by Crean. They are long and remind me of his tie length.  I need to grow a foot or they need to shrink those things.  Or, I'll be bold and wear a double neck loop or whatever that is called.  At least until scoop corrects me on the proper way to wear scarfs.  I take all my fashion advice from scoop, if you didn't already know.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 01:28:03 PM »
I have one of those scarfs and never wear it.  As much as I'd like to wear scarfs to keep my neck warm, I've learned from reading scoop that wearing scarfs in-doors is not acceptable. 

I will note, however, that those scarfs must have been approved by Crean. They are long and remind me of his tie length.  I need to grow a foot or they need to shrink those things.  Or, I'll be bold and wear a double neck loop or whatever that is called.  At least until scoop corrects me on the proper way to wear scarfs.  I take all my fashion advice from scoop, if you didn't already know.

I actually find them too short and a bit too wide.  If you try to do the double-loop thing, it ends up looking like you are wearing a blue and gold ascot.
Have some patience, FFS.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 01:29:26 PM »
This is giving me an idea...
Signature:

GOO

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 01:31:55 PM »
I actually find them too short and a bit too wide.  If you try to do the double-loop thing, it ends up looking like you are wearing a blue and gold ascot.
Ummm...maybe mine is extra long. If you see me wearing it at the BC, maybe we can trade. 

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 02:23:29 PM »
Seen those, will not get one with Golden Eagles on it.  Doesn't have to be Warriors but I still refuse to where anything the Golden Eagle on it (pic or word).  Would much rather go with Marquette as a brand and stop there.

I didn't look thoroughly enough. Agreed. We won't purchase anything with the chicken or the chicken name on it.

So... count me in as someone willing to purchase a scarf if they are designed.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 02:32:58 PM »
We could do a Keffiyeh in MU colors/branding?  Much prefer those to scarves as they are great cold and warm...plus been a habit for years :)

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 09:14:43 PM »
I want one that says MUScoop.com and Warriors.

In the old blue and gold. Thank you. :)

I knew that they sold one but it's so...blah.

BTW, would this make Marquette the first "soccer-like" basketball atmosphere?
That would be COOL.
SS Marquette

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 07:35:21 PM »
Warriorcode...or any Scoopers?

Does anyone have the time to draft images and designs?

They're running a $100 off promotional special...

I still think it should have MUScoop.com on it.
After all, we are Scoopers and it'll drive more traffic to this website.
SS Marquette

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 08:00:09 AM »
This thread reminds of me of those old clips of the Bay City Rollers fans in the 70's

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT!
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.