[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:30:34 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Is This An Option?  (Read 10742 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Is This An Option?
« on: April 25, 2015, 10:46:55 PM »
I know the baggage he comes with ... is this definitely off the table?  Wojo and the staff know him well.
Does the highlighted part change anything?

----------------------------------

Top 20 uncommitted transfers and complete transfer list
Jeff Goodman and Jeff Borzello
(UPDATED: April 24, 2015)

http://espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/insider/post/_/id/4899/top-10-transfers-and-complete-transfer-list

2. Rasheed Sulaimon, Duke -- It didn’t work out the way everyone thought it would for the talented wing out of Texas. Sulaimon spent much of his time in Durham on coach Mike Krzyzewski's bad side and ultimately was dismissed from the program in January. A junior, Sulaimon will try to graduate this summer so he can play his final season next school year as a graduate student for another program. (A player who has graduated with eligibility left can play right away as a graduate student at a new school, without sitting a year as a typical transfer does).

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
Re: Is This An Option?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 10:58:49 PM »
I've brought this up in other threads as a long shot given Sulaimon's risk, but have been shot down.  I understand why but still wonder.  I wish we knew more about what exactly happened at Duke but it had to be bad to make him the first player to e ER be kicked out by Coach K.  Time will tell I guess.  But I have no problem if Wono wants to give him a second chance.  Not like he was a freshman getting kicked off the team so Wojo had to have a pretty deep relationship with Rasheed.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 11:11:03 PM »
Another---you need to get on Wojo's staff. Seriously.
Your passion, resilience, and STRONG desire to get commitments TODAY is admirable.
However, Wojo maybe looking for someone who is willing to call out  and openly question those with a strong record of inside knowledge, so you may not be up for the job after all.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 11:13:38 PM »
Seems highly unlikely. Sulaimon was accused of sexual assault, though never charged. Considering Wojo's relationship with K and Marquette's allegations it seems doubtful either the staff or administration would want to take that risk.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 11:14:57 PM »
I know the baggage he comes with ... is this definitely off the table?  Wojo and the staff know him well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/insider/post/_/id/4899/top-10-transfers-and-complete-transfer-list

2. Rasheed Sulaimon, Duke -- It didn’t work out the way everyone thought it would for the talented wing out of Texas. Sulaimon spent much of his time in Durham on coach Mike Krzyzewski's bad side and ultimately was dismissed from the program in January. A junior, Sulaimon will try to graduate this summer so he can play his final season next school year as a graduate student for another program. (A player who has graduated with eligibility left can play right away as a graduate student at a new school, without sitting a year as a typical transfer does).

No. He is going to be locked down with court proceedings dealing with sexual assaults.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 11:24:05 PM »
I also wouldn't completely shut down the idea.

But no chance it happens. Wojo isn't taking a guy that was kicked off the school he used to coach at.

He didn't even go after Semi and he left a good kid.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 11:24:21 PM »
Seems highly unlikely. Sulaimon was accused of sexual assault, though never charged. Considering Wojo's relationship with K and Marquette's allegations it seems doubtful either the staff or administration would want to take that risk.

I don't disagree with you ... Playing Devil's advocate

He is still a Duke student so whatever he did has not gotten him thrown out of school.  Additionally, if he graduates with a Duke degree this summer, does that show a commitment that changes things?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:27:20 PM by Heisenberg »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 12:09:06 AM »
Maybe it does, but I still think it's a risk neither Wojo nor Marquette are willing to take. Considering the commitment to character and winning on and off the court, Sulaimon seems to contradict that, and he's not far enough removed from his past to believe he's already changed his ways.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 12:10:30 AM »
His 3 pt shooting would be nice though.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 12:38:09 AM »
No.

Now we can move onto the next thread that Heisenberg hopes will blow up!  You, and everyone else here, knows there is absolutely, positively 0 chance of Rasheed Sulaimon coming to Marquette.  What's the point?  Clicks baby!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 01:24:11 AM »
No.

Now we can move onto the next thread that Heisenberg hopes will blow up!  You, and everyone else here, knows there is absolutely, positively 0 chance of Rasheed Sulaimon coming to Marquette.  What's the point?  Clicks baby!

Heisenbutt is a tool.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 06:56:54 AM »
No chance in hell I would take Suliamon.  After all the crap that Marquette went through the past few years?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 09:48:06 AM »
I know the baggage he comes with ... is this definitely off the table?  Wojo and the staff know him well.

Given your concerns about the coaching staff, wouldn't going after Sulaimon be a waste of time anyway?

This is the week that you have officially gone off the deep end.  Get a life.  Get help.  Do something for Christ's sake.  Stop filling the Ners gap.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:49:41 AM by LittleWade »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2015, 10:27:02 AM »
No
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2015, 10:27:12 AM »
No.  

Is this an option?   We open up a hole in the time-space continuum, go back in time and bring back youthful versions of Wade, Butler, and Crowder.   We give them fake ID's, claim that Wojo found them playing pick up at the rec center, and use them as one year rentals for our final 3 schollies.    

The two have the same likelihood.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 11:17:59 AM »
Looks like another option just left the building. Durand Johnson's scheduled visits to WVU And SJU in the coming days. Slim pickings left...assuming Wojo's seriously interested in adding anyone.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 11:49:22 AM »
Have you given up on your crusade against vague thread titles, or does the click-bait-iness of this one outweigh its vagueness?

MU_Beav

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »
Looks like another option just left the building. Durand Johnson's scheduled visits to WVU And SJU in the coming days. Slim pickings left...assuming Wojo's seriously interested in adding anyone.

I certainly get the feeling that it was Lee/Miller or bust.  The staff seems to be out recruiting 16/17 (see Hauser, et al) guys right now.  That said, I can't imagine going into the next season with the numbers that we have right now.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 12:10:05 PM »
I certainly get the feeling that it was Lee/Miller or bust.  The staff seems to be out recruiting 16/17 (see Hauser, et al) guys right now.  That said, I can't imagine going into the next season with the numbers that we have right now.

+1

We have 10 players right now.  5 freshman.  The stud recruit has his hand in a cast and the starting center has his arm in a sling.

If we don't pickup more bodies, you're hoping a lot of things to go right ... No injuries, no down years, no defections.  Asking for that is like asking for an inside straight.  If not, it's like last year all over again, in terms of bodies  (but better quality).  So yes, getting bodies for this November has to be the highest priority.

And Fear ... Be careful of the "miller/Lee or bust" comment.  I tried to make the same point yesterday and got ripped over 4 pages.  So mad at that mere suggestion that  posters are still ripping me above.  

This place loves to ignore the message and shoot the messenger.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:12:40 PM by Heisenberg »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 12:22:36 PM »
Not an option in a million years.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2015, 12:32:49 PM »
+1

We have 10 players right now.  5 freshman.  The stud recruit has his hand in a cast and the starting center has his arm in a sling.

If we don't pickup more bodies, you're hoping a lot of things to go right ... No injuries, no down years, no defections.  Asking for that is like asking for an inside straight.  If not, it's like last year all over again, in terms of bodies  (but better quality).  So yes, getting bodies for this November has to be the highest priority.

And Fear ... Be careful of the "miller/Lee or bust" comment.  I tried to make the same point yesterday and got ripped over 4 pages.  So mad at that mere suggestion that  posters are still ripping me above.  

What is the "message?"  I thought when your post was about Rasheed Sulaimon and your thread was titled "Is this an option" you weren't providing a "message" from somebody else (who is that message coming from, Mr. Messenger?), but that you were actually asking if, well, you know, Rasheed Sulaimon is an option to come to Marquette, like your post asked.

But hey, you're just the victim now!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 12:43:13 PM »

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? In todays society (especially assault) it seems you get treated like a criminal until you prove yourself innocent. Or in about 70% of these cases even after.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2015, 12:53:32 PM »
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? In todays society (especially assault) it seems you get treated like a criminal until you prove yourself innocent. Or in about 70% of these cases even after.

One of the most misused phrases in the English language.  It applies in a criminal case, where the consequences of guilt could be jail time or even death.  It has no applicability whatsoever when a coach is deciding whether to give a kid a scholarship.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2015, 03:30:38 PM »
+1

And Fear ... Be careful of the "miller/Lee or bust" comment.  I tried to make the same point yesterday and got ripped over 4 pages.  So mad at that mere suggestion that  posters are still ripping me above.  

Yes, you are.   Which is why I am not on the 'NCAA tourney bid this year' bandwagon.    Never have been.  Too much has to go right.   Still too small, who gets the minutes at the 4 when Henry sits, and counting on every freshman to be a home run is the road to disappointment.   No seniors, though.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2015, 03:33:00 PM »
Better chance Todd Mayo rejoins the team than Sulaimon being added.

In other words:

feedback