[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Will Jimmy Butler Sets A New Personal Bradley Center Record  (Read 7799 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Will Jimmy Butler Sets A New Personal Bradley Center Record
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2015, 12:48:09 PM »
Aaaaaand now you sound like a maniac.
I didn't say if one team played with 6 and one with 5. I meant if a team could add a player with an attribute they didn't have and put that player on the court they would be better.
Nobody has played dirty in the series.  Both teams are playing hard.
I also give the Bulls no chance to beat the Cavs, honestly.  I'm not going to argue that they are better than whoever they play.
I like the Bucks players and I think they will be a regular playoffs team for the next few years at least.
Basically what I was saying is you can't say the Bulls aren't mentally tough.  There's no basis for that.  If you like physical play, most of all of these guys are the team that was accused of pushing people around for the past 5 years. 
Why bother taking shots at Rose? What's the point?  Parker went down in weeks and I felt bad for the guy. What pleasure do you get from that?
Watch the guys and makes comments that make you sound like an intelligent fan and not a teenager.

Yes, I'm a maniac for calling Aaron Brooks a b!tch.

After the incident with Henson, Henson said, ""Going back four or five games, he shot me a couple elbows, a couple cheap shots," Henson said of Brooks, the Bulls backup point guard. "It kind of built up to that moment right there. That wasn't just a one-time thing.

"It happens. It's part of the game. You've just got to move on from that. I saw him setting up to stop me when I was running. I had to kind of follow through. No harm done, man. He was fine; I was fine. I got fined; I got a tech and that's part of the game."

I didn't think much of it.  Figured whatever, it happens, elbows get thrown in NBA games sometimes.  Then he goes and does:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25163271/watch-bucks-bulls-skirmish-after-aaron-brooks-cheap-shot

Absolutely confirmed what he said.  A shot is going up on the other side of the court, Bayless isn't charging in to go for an offensive rebound, he's just getting ready to walk back to the end of the other court, and Brooks does this.

Brooks is a b!tch, and that is 100% dirty.  100% unnecessary and completely dirty.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2015, 01:20:36 PM »
?  Because the past 5 seasons I bet all Bulls/Cubs fans were all in on the Cubs at this point while forgetting about (a Roseless) Bulls team playing in the Playoffs?

::)

Not your best effort.

Oh boy.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2015, 01:38:18 PM »
Mental toughness has nothing to do with whether they closed a not very good team out in 4 games. It has to do with not being able to take a little physicality in Playoff basketball without taking offense to it. The way the physicallity has been handled by both teams you'd think the Bulls were the team that was new to the Playoffs. Butler attacks the rim hard and takes a hard slap across his arms and he's yelling and pumping his chest or throwing his arms up in the air as if it's some dirty play. No, it's Playoff basketball. The Bulls are having a harder time than the sleepwalk they expected so Brooks has to throw his forearm into Bayles on the 3 point line as a shot goes up on the opposite side. That's dirty. A hard foul as someone tries to drive the lane hard is a smart play. The Bulls don't seem to understand this. Zaza going for a loose ball and fouling Mirotic is not dirty, but somehow Mirotic has to throw a little hissyfit shove because there was some contact. Gianni's (cleanly) ties up a rebound with Dunleavy and they go to the floor so Noah has to go and start pulling Giannis. Brooks stops while he sees Henson running down the court. I can at least understand the chippiness there with Henson standing over Brooks, but I'm glad Henson did that. Brooks is a b!tch.

And then there's just Pau who looks like he may start to cry every time down the court. If Henson is strong enough to make someone as big as Pau move so violently with such incredibly little contact as Pau makes it look then Henson should go into World's Strongest Man Competitions. Pull the chair from him on a post up and have absolutely no contact whatsoever (the defender literally moved out of the way) and Pau clumsily falls the the ground and looks up whining at the ref. He might be the biggest whiner in sports.

Not sure where I said "if the Bucks could add a 6th player on the court." I'm talking about having a shooter on the court in place of a guy like Giannis. You can disagree, but it's 3-1 and the Bucks had 2 opportunities to win game 3 and didn't. If you don't think a shooter for the Bucks would drastically change this then I'm not sure what to tell you. 1 more shooter and you win game 3 and have a real shot in game 2, despite shooting below 40% every game (I believe) while the Bulls have been near or above 50% every game (I believe). The Bucks do everything besides shoot the ball better than the Bulls. If you add a shooter the Bucks very well may win this series.

Anyhow, enjoy the win over the Bucks. The way the Bulls turn the ball over and get 75% of the calls on the road they don't stand a chance against the Cavs. They won't be getting calls with LeBron on the other side as opposed to Middleton. Not to mention no chance they keep their shooting from distance up. Making 11.5 3 pointers per game when they made 7.9 in the regular season. Rose shooting 47% while he shot 28% in the regular season and Dunleavy at 57% compared to 51% regular season.

Then after you lose to the Cavs you get to put even more money on a small percentage of players and will have to find a new coach. And Rose inevitably will get hurt again. Or catch a cold.

Bucks will be better than the Bulls starting next year.

Your bias against the Bulls is hysterical. You make no mention of the multitude of dirty plays OJ Mayo has done this series such as pushing over a player with his back turned or pushing a player's legs out on a layup (which could lead to serious injury).

I find it funny you can hate on Jimmy for the slap on the arm when you have Wade in your name who really enjoys puffing his chest and going crazy at ticky tack fouls as well.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2015, 02:03:21 PM »
Your bias against the Bulls is hysterical. You make no mention of the multitude of dirty plays OJ Mayo has done this series such as pushing over a player with his back turned or pushing a player's legs out on a layup (which could lead to serious injury).

I find it funny you can hate on Jimmy for the slap on the arm when you have Wade in your name who really enjoys puffing his chest and going crazy at ticky tack fouls as well.

While Mayo's play certainly wasn't smart, it could've been a ton worse.  He pushed him too late and Gibson was already in the air so it makes it bad, but he was trying to prevent a dunk and definitely held back from pushing hard.  Brooks was on the other side of the court from where the play was going on, Mayo was trying to prevent a basket and committed to making a foul and then realized too late that it wasn't a smart play.

Once LeBron got to Miami Wade picked up some of his whining tendencies from him (unfortunately) and will give a flex after an and-1.  I've never seen Wade throw a hissy fit after being fouled hard driving to the rim like Butler did in game 3 or put his hands up in the air like "Are you kidding me?  You can't foul me like that."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2015, 02:18:03 PM »

Once LeBron got to Miami Wade picked up some of his whining tendencies from him (unfortunately) and will give a flex after an and-1.  I've never seen Wade throw a hissy fit after being fouled hard driving to the rim like Butler did in game 3 or put his hands up in the air like "Are you kidding me?  You can't foul me like that."

Then you clearly didn't see many of Wade's games over the last 4 years.  Butler is the furthest thing from a whiny player and your Bucks goggles and Bulls hatred are really impacting your view of things.

Mayo's play was much more dangerous than what Brooks did (which was idiotic on Brooks' part).  Pachulia has long had a reputation as a dirty player.  It has been a tough, physical series but to claim the Bulls are dirty (they are not) and the Bucks are not (I personally don't think they are, for the most part) is laughable. 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 02:22:43 PM »
I could care less about the NBA (other than occasional interest in MU alumni). I have no real interest in the Bucks-Bulls series, other than I hope Jimmy plays well.

But Wades, you are hilarious. The Bulls are clearly the better team. It isn't even close.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 02:32:36 PM »
Then you clearly didn't see many of Wade's games over the last 4 years.  Butler is the furthest thing from a whiny player and your Bucks goggles and Bulls hatred are really impacting your view of things.

Mayo's play was much more dangerous than what Brooks did (which was idiotic on Brooks' part).  Pachulia has long had a reputation as a dirty player.  It has been a tough, physical series but to claim the Bulls are dirty (they are not) and the Bucks are not (I personally don't think they are, for the most part) is laughable. 

I didn't say the Bulls were dirty besides for what Brooks did.  And Brooks's play really wasn't "dirty" in that it could hurt someone, it was just a completely unnecessary b!tch move.  Mayo's play was dangerous but in my opinion he was not intending to make a dangerous play or put Gibson on his ass.  If you watch the play he goes to push Gibson to prevent the oop, and then realizes after he has already started to push him that it's a dangerous and not smart play and tries his best to stop from pushing Gibson any further/prevent any danger.  It was a stupid play that could've been much worse if he wanted to make it much worse.

My point is that they are just going to be too soft to beat a Cavs team that will get the calls that the Bulls are getting in this series.  They whine when they don't get every call, despite getting the benefit of the vast majority of calls.  There is no chance in hell that the Bulls get the calls they are getting against the Bucks when they are playing against LeBron, and they already whine like the Badgers in this series.

I shouldn't have called them dirty (besides Brooks, but again, it was more just being a b!tch because really it wasn't going to hurt anyone, it was just completely stupid and unnecessary and just confirms that it's not a 1 time thing as Henson said), just soft.  It's like watching 5 LeBrons out there getting every call but still whining when they don't make a shot that they got hacked, and taking some contact as if the guy just walked onto his lawn and kicked his dog.  It's the Playoffs.  If you're going hard to the rim you better be ready to take some contact.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2015, 02:35:26 PM »
I could care less about the NBA (other than occasional interest in MU alumni). I have no real interest in the Bucks-Bulls series, other than I hope Jimmy plays well.

But Wades, you are hilarious. The Bulls are clearly the better team. It isn't even close.

Haha.  This is good stuff.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  If you think it "isn't even close" then you simply haven't been watching the games.  The Bucks had every chance to win game 3 and unfortunately they didn't.  The Bucks won game 4.  The Bucks were entirely in game 2 at Chicago.  The Bucks aren't going to win the series and even if they had won game 3 it would've still been very, very unlikely.  But to say it's "not even close" is plain ignorant.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2015, 02:40:36 PM »
I didn't say the Bulls were dirty besides for what Brooks did.  And Brooks's play really wasn't "dirty" in that it could hurt someone, it was just a completely unnecessary b!tch move.  Mayo's play was dangerous but in my opinion he was not intending to make a dangerous play or put Gibson on his ass.  If you watch the play he goes to push Gibson to prevent the oop, and then realizes after he has already started to push him that it's a dangerous and not smart play and tries his best to stop from pushing Gibson any further/prevent any danger.  It was a stupid play that could've been much worse if he wanted to make it much worse.

My point is that they are just going to be too soft to beat a Cavs team that will get the calls that the Bulls are getting in this series.  They whine when they don't get every call, despite getting the benefit of the vast majority of calls.  There is no chance in hell that the Bulls get the calls they are getting against the Bucks when they are playing against LeBron, and they already whine like the Badgers in this series.

I shouldn't have called them dirty (besides Brooks, but again, it was more just being a b!tch because really it wasn't going to hurt anyone, it was just completely stupid and unnecessary and just confirms that it's not a 1 time thing as Henson said), just soft.  It's like watching 5 LeBrons out there getting every call but still whining when they don't make a shot that they got hacked, and taking some contact as if the guy just walked onto his lawn and kicked his dog.  It's the Playoffs.  If you're going hard to the rim you better be ready to take some contact.

The Bulls are getting a lot of calls because of how physical Milwaukee has been.  I'm not sure what you're watching but there have been an inordinate amount of fouls that could have been called on the Bucks that haven't been.  The Bulls are getting calls because they are actually getting fouled a lot. 

Secondly, the Bulls aren't soft.  Butler, Noah, Gibson and Rose (as much as you despise him) aren't soft.  Let's not act like the Cavs are a tough, physical team.  The Bucks are much better defensively and much more physical than Cleveland will be.  If the Bulls lose to the Cavs it sure isn't going to be because they are "soft".

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2015, 02:43:03 PM »
Haha.  This is good stuff.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  If you think it "isn't even close" then you simply haven't been watching the games.  The Bucks had every chance to win game 3 and unfortunately they didn't.  The Bucks won game 4.  The Bucks were entirely in game 2 at Chicago.  The Bucks aren't going to win the series and even if they had won game 3 it would've still been very, very unlikely.  But to say it's "not even close" is plain ignorant.

And the Bucks were one play away from being swept.  It's easy to play that game but ultimately pointless.  The Bucks look like they have a nice future but they're not going to just leapfrog the Bulls (or Cavs) next year like you anticipate. 

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2015, 02:47:38 PM »
And the Bucks were one play away from being 2-2..

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2015, 02:59:09 PM »
And the Bucks were one play away from being 2-2..

Did you miss the point that playing the "one play away" game is stupid?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2015, 03:31:16 PM »
While Mayo's play certainly wasn't smart, it could've been a ton worse.  He pushed him too late and Gibson was already in the air so it makes it bad, but he was trying to prevent a dunk and definitely held back from pushing hard.  Brooks was on the other side of the court from where the play was going on, Mayo was trying to prevent a basket and committed to making a foul and then realized too late that it wasn't a smart play.

That's one of the two plays I mentioned what about the completely unnecessary push from behind knocking Jimmy over? That was completely a dirty play
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2015, 03:48:28 PM »
That's one of the two plays I mentioned what about the completely unnecessary push from behind knocking Jimmy over? That was completely a dirty play

I don't recall that play.  I was at the games so what may have originally looked like a normal foul live and in person might've been replayed over and over and looked different a second or third time through but I didn't see that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2015, 03:50:07 PM »
And the Bucks were one play away from being swept.  It's easy to play that game but ultimately pointless.  The Bucks look like they have a nice future but they're not going to just leapfrog the Bulls (or Cavs) next year like you anticipate. 

I think you'll be surprised.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2015, 03:53:55 PM »
I think you'll be surprised.

Anything is possible and it wouldn't absolutely stun me.  That being said, I think it's fairly unlikely assuming the Bulls are healthy (granted, a huge assumption). 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2015, 11:26:42 PM »
And the Bulls were one play away from sweeping the series.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2015, 06:23:07 AM »

Yeah somebody said that above. If Bulls fans want to think the Bucks haven't been competitive that's fine. Entirely delusional, but hey, it's what Chicago sports fans do.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2015, 10:21:41 AM »
Yeah somebody said that above. If Bulls fans want to think the Bucks haven't been competitive that's fine. Entirely delusional, but hey, it's what Chicago sports fans do.

I don't think anyone has said that.  People are responding to your comments.  And the "Chicago sports fans are entirely delusional" stuff is idiotic. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2015, 10:48:26 AM »
I don't think anyone has said that.  People are responding to your comments.  And the "Chicago sports fans are entirely delusional" stuff is idiotic. 

Exactly.  Frankly as a Bulls fan who also really likes the Bucks, I thought this would go to 6, I would have been shocked to see it end in 4.

Also, its hilarious to hear them being called soft when their trademark the last few years is hustle and hard play.

If Rose plays how he's played the last few games, and Love is out the rest of the playoffs, the Bulls may somehow have become the favorite coming out of the East.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2015, 10:52:50 AM »

Not sure how else you can interpret "It's not even close," but sure, nobody's saying it's not even close.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2015, 11:13:08 AM »
Not sure how else you can interpret "It's not even close," but sure, nobody's saying it's not even close.

There's a distinction between a series being competitive and the Bulls being a better team.  The series has been very competitive - I posted elsewhere that I thought it would go 6 as the Bulls have been very inconsistent all year.

I've been impressed with the Bucks defense and disgusted with the Bulls sloppiness with the basketball and inability to make the Bucks consistently pay for double-teaming. 

I also think the Bulls are clearly the better team as of now when healthy (and would think the same if Parker hadn't gotten injured).  The two don't have to be mutually exclusive nor does that opinion make me delusional.  It is also getting into semantics.   

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2015, 12:19:38 PM »
I don't recall that play.  I was at the games so what may have originally looked like a normal foul live and in person might've been replayed over and over and looked different a second or third time through but I didn't see that.

Well funny how that works out, the big dirty play that your team makes and it seems to have slipped from memory. I guess we all just see what we'd like. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2015, 12:26:57 PM »
Well funny how that works out, the big dirty play that your team makes and it seems to have slipped from memory. I guess we all just see what we'd like.  

Pretty simple, find a video.  It's not very hard to do these days.  I don't remember every play of every game.  Can you tell me what happened on the 3rd possession after the 1st media timeout in the 3rd quarter of game 2?  Probably not.

Edit: You said "What about the multitude of dirty plays OJ Mayo has done this series (over exaggerate much?) such as pushing over a player with his back turned or pushing a player's legs out of a layup?"  You didn't even specify who Mayo "pushed...with his back turned."  By the way, that sounds very dirty, pushing a player with his back turned.  That doesn't happen every single time a shot goes up while players go for the rebound  ::).  There have been 4 games played.  Which game was it in?  Was it in crunch time?  Seriously, I'd look around, but I don't remember the play and there are 4 games to look around for.  Provide some information.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:33:57 PM by wadesworld »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2015, 04:35:35 PM »

I was just pointing out how useless the comment about the Bucks being one play away from 2-2 was.