[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Crowder embraced in Boston  (Read 11669 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Crowder embraced in Boston
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2015, 07:40:14 PM »
4 things we learned about the Boston Celtics in Thursday's Game 3 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers
David Cassilo, Northeast Ohio Media Group
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on April 24, 2015 at 11:01 AM, updated April 24, 2015 at 11:05 AM

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/04/4_things_we_learned_about_the_2.html

4. Jae Crowder is a piece of the puzzle

With such a young team, this playoff run for Boston is as much about trying to figure out who can be part of future successes as it is about trying to pull of a major upset.

Crowder is one player that seems to be vital to Boston's future. He brings toughness, defense and an improving offense. On Game 3, he had 16 points off the bench.

Like other recent Marquette graduates (Jimmy Butler and Wes Matthews), he may have been overlooked coming out of college, but he's proven to be a vital asset in the NBA.

"Jae's not scared, but he's not going to play in a way where he's going to back down from anybody," Stevens said. "He plays very hard and he's a very versatile defender. He's been a great addition."

But of course he was overlooked: he was the POY of a mid-D1 conference, the Big East!
SS Marquette

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2015, 01:42:58 PM »
Jae might have really hurt his knee today. Got clocked by JR Smith and bent backwards. Hope it's not as bad as it looked.

Richie

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2015, 01:47:08 PM »
Jae might have really hurt his knee today. Got clocked by JR Smith and bent backwards. Hope it's not as bad as it looked.

They just reported sprained knee, he won't return. No concussion.

A cheap shot by Perkins on Jae and a cheap shot by Smith on Jae, but Jae still baring at them as they helped him off the court - what a Warrior. Hope he stays with the C's next year.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2015, 04:08:14 PM »
JR smith is a tool. Dude is flashy though Ill give him that.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 04:52:40 PM »
I hope Boston could have hammered them harder.

Cavs are dirty... C's could have banged them up more for the next round.
SS Marquette

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 08:22:48 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/brohrbach

LeBron on Crowder: “He’s a guy who tries to play hard and put his body on me to help his team win. That’s all.”
Well, then.
1:50 PM - 26 Apr 2015

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2015, 08:28:17 PM »
What happened to Jae could help JFB. Nice to have guys all over.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2015, 08:43:51 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/brohrbach

LeBron on Crowder: “He’s a guy who tries to play hard and put his body on me to help his team win. That’s all.”
Well, then.
1:50 PM - 26 Apr 2015

And he's right. Jae is physical, but I didn't see anything dirty from him. Same can't be said for the Cavs. Really hope it's not a full tear.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »
Recap with videos:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/j-r--smith-ejected-after-flagrant-foul-on-jae-crowder-in-wild-cavs-celtics-game-4-191557054.html

Cavs looked like thugs

Was the Kevin Love injury thuggish by the Cavs?  Honestly don't watch NBA, but some guys here today were saying dirty play by Boston.  They might have had their UCLA goggles on.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:55:50 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2015, 10:17:39 PM »
Was the Kevin Live injury thuggish by the Cavs?  Honestly don't watch NBA, but some guys here today were saying dirty play by Boston.  They might have had their UCLA goggles on.

Pretty dirty. And disgusting.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2015, 10:24:56 PM »
Was the Kevin Live injury thuggish by the Cavs?  Honestly don't watch NBA, but some guys here today were saying dirty play by Boston.  They might have had their UCLA goggles on.

I really didn't think that one was dirty.  I don't think there was any intent, just people fighting for the ball/fighting for position. 

Very unfortunate play, but not really intentional.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2015, 11:36:00 PM »
Saw the replay and it looked like OLynyk really had Love locked up. Hope he got whistled for that one as he continued to keep him under control.

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 12:35:33 AM »
Was the Kevin Love injury thuggish by the Cavs?  Honestly don't watch NBA, but some guys here today were saying dirty play by Boston.  They might have had their UCLA goggles on.

Yep, it was definitely dirty and then the Cavs retaliated with two dirty plays against a different player.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2015, 08:05:50 AM »
The cat with da Bruce Jenner do coulda let go before Love turned purple, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2015, 08:06:00 AM »

I didn't think it was dirty, just a physical play of two guys going after the ball.  That said, I think Olynyk could have pulled up earlier, but I wouldn't necessarily deem it as dirty.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2015, 08:36:27 AM »
Nothing dirty AT ALL about the Olynyk play. They were battling for position, Love had the advantage to get the ball so Olynyk grabbed him which allowed a teammate to get to the ball first, although a foul was called. It happens all the time over the course of an average NBA game...or college game or even HS game. Guys grab, shove, bump and trip all in an effort to gain an advantage. If Love hadn't gotten injured, the play would have simply been a loose ball foul and there wouldn't be this made-for-ESPN debate.

For a play to be considered dirty, there has to be intent to do more than gain an advantage.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2015, 08:44:12 AM »

Throw my hat into the ring of not dirty. Arms of opposing players lock up every single play of a game. This time was odd since they were running together near the ball rather then tangling under the rim in a stationary spot. Love will still sign for Boston in July.

w0bbie

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2015, 10:08:11 AM »
Nothing dirty AT ALL about the Olynyk play. They were battling for position, Love had the advantage to get the ball so Olynyk grabbed him which allowed a teammate to get to the ball first, although a foul was called. It happens all the time over the course of an average NBA game...or college game or even HS game. Guys grab, shove, bump and trip all in an effort to gain an advantage. If Love hadn't gotten injured, the play would have simply been a loose ball foul and there wouldn't be this made-for-ESPN debate.

For a play to be considered dirty, there has to be intent to do more than gain an advantage.

Agreed.  I think if you focus in on just those two guys it looks dirty because Olynyk is yanking Love in such a way that both are going away from the ball.  If you zoom out, you see that there is another Celtic coming towards them and the ball.  Olynyk pulled Love to take them both out of the play so that Turner (?) could easily scoop up the ball and have a wide open driving lane.  Definitely a foul, but I didn't see it as intentionally dirty.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2015, 10:14:05 AM »
Agreed.  I think if you focus in on just those two guys it looks dirty because Olynyk is yanking Love in such a way that both are going away from the ball.  If you zoom out, you see that there is another Celtic coming towards them and the ball.  Olynyk pulled Love to take them both out of the play so that Turner (?) could easily scoop up the ball and have a wide open driving lane.  Definitely a foul, but I didn't see it as intentionally dirty.

I don't know.  I don't see one player hugging another guy's arm from behind and pulling it away from his body and backwards like Olynyk did very often.  Jostling for a ball and having your arms get caught up with each other or trying to get your arm in front of the other guy's body to pull him back is one thing.  Grabbing a guy's arm who has a half step on you and pulling it back and out away from your body with all of the force you can muster is another thing.

I don't know, I only watched the play once (live) and refuse to watch it again (because unfortunately I've seen the still frame pictures...nasty).  But live even before I knew Love was hurt it looked completely unnecessary, and then Love immediately grabbed his shoulder and ran to the locker room.  It was a "basketball play," but at the same time the way he grabbed his arm and just started pulling away from his body seemed unnecessary to me.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:17:15 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2015, 11:07:26 AM »
Celtics announce he has an ACL sprain, so it looks like he dodged a bullet. Should heal with rest.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2015, 11:11:36 AM »
#2 name trending on Yahoo right now

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2015, 01:30:02 PM »
I don't know.  I don't see one player hugging another guy's arm from behind and pulling it away from his body and backwards like Olynyk did very often.  Jostling for a ball and having your arms get caught up with each other or trying to get your arm in front of the other guy's body to pull him back is one thing.  Grabbing a guy's arm who has a half step on you and pulling it back and out away from your body with all of the force you can muster is another thing.

I don't know, I only watched the play once (live) and refuse to watch it again (because unfortunately I've seen the still frame pictures...nasty).  But live even before I knew Love was hurt it looked completely unnecessary, and then Love immediately grabbed his shoulder and ran to the locker room.  It was a "basketball play," but at the same time the way he grabbed his arm and just started pulling away from his body seemed unnecessary to me.

I think it was more chippy than dirty, unless Olynyk has some MMA training and knows how to pop a shoulder out.  My friends that are Cavs fans are losing their crap, but honestly, when have people really tried to purposefully dislocate a shoulder in basketball, thats kind of a tricky proposition.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2015, 04:15:29 PM »
Have dislocated my shoulder twice and it ain't easy to do. It takes quite a bit of force. I'm not saying he did it intentionally but  he could have let go much sooner. Most guys that lock arms get away with it because they let go.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2015, 04:19:40 PM »
Have dislocated my shoulder twice and it ain't easy to do. It takes quite a bit of force. I'm not saying he did it intentionally but  he could have let go much sooner. Most guys that lock arms get away with it because they let go.

I dont know about that. Easier then you think. I never had a dislocated shoulder but I accidentally did it to someone playing basketball. I tried to make a pass to someone, (not even hard) and a guy got his fingertips on the ball as i was making the pas and he managed to pop out his shoulder.

feedback