[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Malik Newman  (Read 13702 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Malik Newman
« on: April 21, 2015, 11:06:20 AM »
I know this is semi off topic (feel free to move to Superbar), but now that it's been publicly announced, I can share what I know.

Malik will be announcing his college decision this Friday. He had texted me last Friday that he was going to make his announcement this Friday, but asked me to keep it private. Sadly, despite my efforts, he is not going to Marquette.

Instead of holding a traditional presser, he's going to announce it in a private gathering that will be live streamed on clarionledger.com.

He's a really good young man, been interesting getting to know him and see the process play out.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Malik Newman
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 11:11:52 AM »
I know this is semi off topic (feel free to move to Superbar), but now that it's been publicly announced, I can share what I know.

Malik will be announcing his college decision this Friday. He had texted me last Friday that he was going to make his announcement this Friday, but asked me to keep it private. Sadly, despite my efforts, he is not going to Marquette.

Instead of holding a traditional presser, he's going to announce it in a private gathering that will be live streamed on clarionledger.com.

He's a really good young man, been interesting getting to know him and see the process play out.

Well, thanks for trying, Dish!
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 11:31:59 AM »
Package deal to Maryland with his partner Diamond?

Big Papi

• All American

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 02:56:12 PM »
Man did DePaul screw up again!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25161964/commitment-shows-ben-howland-is-picking-up-where-he-left-off

Had DePaul given the job to Howland, there is still absolutely no chance whatsoever that Malik Newman would have gone there. The only reason he picked MSU was because his dad played there. Howland helped, but he didn't give MSU a look because of Howland, he gave them a look because of a family history that DePaul simply didn't have.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 04:08:17 PM »
Had DePaul given the job to Howland, there is still absolutely no chance whatsoever that Malik Newman would have gone there. The only reason he picked MSU was because his dad played there. Howland helped, but he didn't give MSU a look because of Howland, he gave them a look because of a family history that DePaul simply didn't have.

All true, but a real good get for Howland no matter how you slice. Would HE be here if WE was not?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 04:19:01 PM »
All true, but a real good get for Howland no matter how you slice. Would HE be here if WE was not?

Probably not. Just saying that I don't think DePaul screwed up with Howland. With Drew and Hurley? Yes, but if they hire Ben, there's no marquee recruit he brings to DPU.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 08:34:58 PM »
SS Marquette

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 11:37:23 PM »

I am not sure who you are, but you personally pursuing a recruit seems to me to be a recruiting violation.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 11:45:06 PM »
I am not sure who you are, but you personally pursuing a recruit seems to me to be a recruiting violation.

Been under a rock? Dish's son has been sick with cancer. They spent time at the Ronald McDonald House in Chicago this past year, including when the McDonald's All American team visited the kids and families there. There is nothing untoward about this.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 11:45:59 PM »

R-E-L-A-X
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 12:15:42 AM »

I'll send Malik's text messages and Face Time chats to me and my son to the NCAA.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 08:23:48 AM »
We are not North Carolina, so expect a three year suspension. Yes, I consider teal, but I am not sure I am joking about this.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 11:03:38 AM »
We are not North Carolina, so expect a three year suspension. Yes, I consider teal, but I am not sure I am joking about this.

Seriously.  You are embarrassing yourself.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »

Seriously.  You are embarrassing yourself.
I am not embarassed at all.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 11:42:23 AM »
I am not embarassed at all.

You should be.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 08:28:42 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 08:55:44 PM »
Opening up a can of worms------Does anyone think Malik Newman would have come to MU if we had hired Ben Howland? I don't
think so. I bleed MU, but my former best buddy says we are slowly becoming a Mid-Major BB School. Even though we got Henry
and a very good recruiting class.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 09:05:36 PM »
Opening up a can of worms------Does anyone think Malik Newman would have come to MU if we had hired Ben Howland? I don't
think so. I bleed MU, but my former best buddy says we are slowly becoming a Mid-Major BB School. Even though we got Henry

Your best buddy is a moron.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2015, 09:15:52 PM »

If someone thought Marquette was becoming a mid major, they'd be my former best buddy too.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 09:42:43 PM »
There is no way Malik was coming to Marquette.

For reasons in picking Miss St, Ben Howland was #3, behind his father and Adidas.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 09:57:42 PM »

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 11:30:16 PM »
+1
Why, because I believe in following rules. MU sends out a brochure to season ticket holders warning them about talking to recruits. While it probably will never amount to anything a booster talking to a potential recruit is a clear violation. Someone else posted on this site after the awards banquet a lot of detailed recruiting information. He basically made it sound like inside information, which you can then assume is coming from MU coaches, which if so, is another violation. It is bad enough committing potential violations, but then they actually post them on the internet is just not smart. Another thing on this site that irritates me is the constant saying we do not want this recruit or that recruit. Wojo is not going to recruit a player that he thinks will not help the team. Sure there may be 100 better players that we might want to be recruited, but if they are not interested it does not matter. I just do not think it is smart for MUScoop to work against Wojo's efforts. As we have been told in the past recruits sometimes read this site, so negative comments here by posters who do not really know how good a recruit is just counterproductive. My wife's nephew is the Dominican High basketball coach. I never once asked him what Diamond was thinking as I considered it inappropriate. I like to hear the recruiting news, but I am not willing to follow recruits on twitter or communicate with them in any other matter. Just because it is not likely to result in a sanction by the NCAA does not make it right to interfere with the coaches' recruiting efforts. Besides that there is not much we can say to a potential that will actually help Wojo succeed in his efforts and a dumb comment to a potential recruit could actually hurt Wojo's efforts. I think Badger fans actually hurt Bo's efforts to recruit Diamond. We need to be patient and not interfere with the coaches recruiting effort. That is the way I feel and I do not care what you think about it. So again I am not embarassed.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2015, 11:30:47 PM »
I'll send Malik's text messages and Face Time chats to me and my son to the NCAA.

just write a check to UW athletics first.   ;)