collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: rules for wearing baseball cap backwards or...  (Read 32573 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: rules for wearing baseball cap backwards or...
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2015, 02:10:26 PM »
Hell, Navy, you should know better than that! Wear your cover into a Fighter O'Club and it will cost you...

Everyone slams down their beer and orders a double single malt whenever some fool commits that egregious sin

Oh I know, it's my one rebellion.  Wearing a cover in doors and forgetting your challenge coin are two sins I learned early to avoid
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 03:09:42 PM »
Once you hit age 30 or become a father, hats should face forward, have curved brims and not be worn out socially unless you have come immediately from an outdoor sporting event (i.e. playing golf or attending a ballgame). If you're 30+ and/or a father, a backwards hat or a flat-brimmed hat tells the world that you're trying to remain cool even though you're not. Wearing a hat to a social engagement might as well come with a shirt that reads "I'M BALDING." Visors are never acceptable unless you're a female golfer.

It's really that simple.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 03:24:05 PM »
Once you hit age 30 or become a father, hats should face forward, have curved brims and not be worn out socially unless you have come immediately from an outdoor sporting event (i.e. playing golf or attending a ballgame). If you're 30+ and/or a father, a backwards hat or a flat-brimmed hat tells the world that you're trying to remain cool even though you're not. Wearing a hat to a social engagement might as well come with a shirt that reads "I'M BALDING." Visors are never acceptable unless you're a female golfer.

It's really that simple.

I agree with this, but I'll occasionally flip my brim around backwards, on a temporary basis, if I need to get some sun on my forehead and face. Living in Wisconsin, our opportunities for sun are limited.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2015, 03:29:14 PM »

It's really that simple.

Eh, you have your plan I have mine.  I will say, the only reason my hat ends up backwards is because my brims are very curved and my AO Aviators don't fit under the brim.  As soon as the sunglasses are off, the hat swings around.

At the end of the day, whatever a person's style, that's their style probably shouldn't judge a book by the cover.  I dress pretty down unless I'm in a professional setting or some place that requires "nice attire" cause it's what I like, don't care what other people think(much to my wife's chagrin).
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GOO

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2015, 03:39:20 PM »
Baseball caps for me are usually for days where I don't work and I don't have time for a shower.  E.g. Going to a kids game and leaving at 7:00 AM or whatever on a Saturday and I wake up late.  Never wear a cap backwards, in my opinion. 

But once a cap goes on, it is meant to stay on, in-door or out.  I really dislike taking a cap off after it has been on for a while. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 03:49:51 PM »
Is there an age limit for wearing Levi's?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 04:12:52 PM »
Wearing hats backwards is as acceptable as wearing a basketball jersey or ketchup on a hot dog.  it needs to stop after you hit 12 years old*.

*doesn't apply to black dudes.  except for the ketchup thing.  no man of any race, color or creed should put ketchup on a hot dog.

What about cheese on my dog?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 05:04:22 PM »
Baseball caps for me are usually for days where I don't work and I don't have time for a shower.  E.g. Going to a kids game and leaving at 7:00 AM or whatever on a Saturday and I wake up late.  Never wear a cap backwards, in my opinion. 

But once a cap goes on, it is meant to stay on, in-door or out.  I really dislike taking a cap off after it has been on for a while. 

Pretty much my stance

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2015, 10:29:56 AM »
If it can't rain on your head (i.e. you are indoors), take it off.
If it's a Yankees hat, burn it.
If the sun's in your eyes, wear it forward (after all that is what it was created for).
Otherwise, wear it however you like.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2015, 10:33:42 AM »

Go to the Wiener Circle on Clark in Chicago.  You'll find it's perfectly acceptable for cheese. You should try their chocolate shake while you're there. It'll really stay with you. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2015, 02:33:17 PM »
I have a big green foam Marvin the Martian helmet which I got from Six Flags when I was little. Do I have to take that off indoors?

(If it has any impact on the decision, I am not balding.)
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2015, 03:38:49 PM »
I have a big green foam Marvin the Martian helmet which I got from Six Flags when I was little. Do I have to take that off indoors?

(If it has any impact on the decision, I am not balding.)
[/quote/]

Why would you ever take that off?

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2015, 04:54:35 PM »

Why would you ever take that off?

I rarely do, Chuckler.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »
Well, count me among the insanely jealous.   

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2015, 06:24:40 PM »
What's wrong with ketchup on a hot dog?  If I'm truly going to enjoy some ground up entrails and filler packed into some sort of synthetic casing, you better be damn sure I want some ketchup on that.

real men only put ketchup/catsup on the ole tube steak ONLY if ya add HOT sauce to it-now that's a HOT dog-heyna? ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2015, 01:57:41 AM »
Go to the Wiener Circle on Clark in Chicago.  You'll find it's perfectly acceptable for cheese. You should try their chocolate shake while you're there. It'll really stay with you.  

Oh ya. Their milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2015, 09:24:06 AM »
Oh ya. Their milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard

Awesome.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/e/JvreaKZ4_t0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/e/JvreaKZ4_t0</a>
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2015, 03:25:11 PM »

Well, only if there is also chili on that dog, is my stance!   ;)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2015, 05:52:40 AM »
ok, if i had a daughter, say-18-21 years old and she comes home with a dude wearing a baseball cap backwards.  i'm showing him my knife collection and then taking him out hunting or trap and skeet or something.  disclaimer-it's ok to wear it backward while shooting-THAT"S IT !!! wait,  or if you are the catcher or while riding open air(boat or car or cycle or atv'ing) without helmits-then it's cool ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

GOO

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2015, 09:26:58 AM »
What if I have a sunburn on the back of my neck and the sun is behind me?  Is it okay then?  If I'm eating a brat with bbq sauce on it, still ok? 

What if I'm wearing a scarf in side the BC?  Can the hat be backwords?  Or if I'm a Hollywood director on set? 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2015, 12:11:37 PM »
What if I have a sunburn on the back of my neck and the sun is behind me?  Is it okay then?  If I'm eating a brat with bbq sauce on it, still ok? 

What if I'm wearing a scarf in side the BC?  Can the hat be backwords?  Or if I'm a Hollywood director on set? 

No to all.

Plus, you sound like a beret kinda guy.   :D

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2015, 07:43:00 PM »
ok, if i had a daughter, say-18-21 years old and she comes home with a dude wearing a baseball cap backwards.  i'm showing him my knife collection and then taking him out hunting or trap and skeet or something. 

You're taking a dude out to skeet?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2015, 07:52:02 PM »
I have a 20 year old daughter.   If she brought home a guy wearing his hat backward....meh.   I trust her and her judgment.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2015, 08:35:38 PM »

It's really that simple.

This.  And please don't wear them in my house.  Legs Jr actually tried wearing one at the dinner table a few months back.  God, I've become an angry old man.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2015, 09:11:32 PM »
This.  And please don't wear them in my house.  Legs Jr actually tried wearing one at the dinner table a few months back.  God, I've become an angry old man.

+1

It's that liberal Holy Cross education.