[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BULLS-BUCKS  (Read 54481 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: BULLS-BUCKS
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2015, 12:27:27 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-bulls-bucks-playoffs-rosenbloom-20150428-column.html

Looks like the Chicago Tribune's own columnist is also calling the Bulls soft...

You obviously don't know Steve Rosenbloom.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2015, 12:28:53 PM »
You obviously don't know Steve Rosenbloom.

I was definitely going to include "Bulls fans will now tell me how big of an idiot hack this guy is who is looking for clicks."

Thank you.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2015, 12:36:14 PM »
I was definitely going to include "Bulls fans will now tell me how big of an idiot hack this guy is who is looking for clicks."

Thank you.

Does that make it any less true?  The Blackhawks won their series and 75% of his pieces on the Hawks was negative and gloomy.  He's not a hack, he's a pessimist troll.

I like how one post about someone thinking the Bulls are much better than the Bucks has turned into you classifying all Bulls fans as partisan fools lacking in true basketball knowledge  ::).

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2015, 12:44:36 PM »
I don't think the Bulls are soft.  I think they look like a team that struggles against more athletic teams.  Same reason they lost to the Wizards last year.  They look slow. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2015, 12:45:11 PM »

Thank you.

You are seriously becoming worse than Ners, so congrats on that buddy.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2015, 01:31:11 PM »

He's always been shall we say a bit overly passionate and rude when it comes to the Bulls vs Bucks arument... or really to most Bulls fans on here. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

🏀

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2015, 02:39:40 PM »
He's always been shall we say a bit overly passionate and rude when it comes to the Bulls vs Bucks arument... or really to most Bulls fans on here. 

Anything Chicago really.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2015, 02:57:38 PM »

Thanks pal!

Anything Chicago really.

If calling it like it is (Cutler sucks, Rose is soft - can't walk unless he sits randomly, can't play with a runny nose, can't come back until months after he's been cleared due to a lack of muscle memory) is overly passionate and rude then I guess so.  I do the same with Ryan Braun who plays for the Milwaukee Brewers.  I did the same for Larry Sanders who played for the Milwaukee Bucks.  I do the same for Mike McCarthy who coaches the Green Bay Packers.  I did the same for Clay Matthews (sitting out the most important drive of the season because of sore ribs and a sore knee while players on the other defense were playing literally with a separated shoulder and freshly sprained elbow) who plays for the Green Bay Packers.  But hey, don't let those little tidbits get in the way of a narrative of me hating all things Chicago.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 02:59:31 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2015, 03:38:24 PM »

Thank you.

Yeah, using Rosenbloom to back up your point of view is not an intelligent route to take.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2015, 03:43:13 PM »
Thanks pal!

If calling it like it is (Cutler sucks, Rose is soft - can't walk unless he sits randomly, can't play with a runny nose, can't come back until months after he's been cleared due to a lack of muscle memory) is overly passionate and rude then I guess so.  I do the same with Ryan Braun who plays for the Milwaukee Brewers.  I did the same for Larry Sanders who played for the Milwaukee Bucks.  I do the same for Mike McCarthy who coaches the Green Bay Packers.  I did the same for Clay Matthews (sitting out the most important drive of the season because of sore ribs and a sore knee while players on the other defense were playing literally with a separated shoulder and freshly sprained elbow) who plays for the Green Bay Packers.  But hey, don't let those little tidbits get in the way of a narrative of me hating all things Chicago.

+100, Wa-Wa!
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

🏀

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2015, 03:57:08 PM »
Thanks pal!

If calling it like it is (Cutler sucks, Rose is soft - can't walk unless he sits randomly, can't play with a runny nose, can't come back until months after he's been cleared due to a lack of muscle memory) is overly passionate and rude then I guess so.  I do the same with Ryan Braun who plays for the Milwaukee Brewers.  I did the same for Larry Sanders who played for the Milwaukee Bucks.  I do the same for Mike McCarthy who coaches the Green Bay Packers.  I did the same for Clay Matthews (sitting out the most important drive of the season because of sore ribs and a sore knee while players on the other defense were playing literally with a separated shoulder and freshly sprained elbow) who plays for the Green Bay Packers.  But hey, don't let those little tidbits get in the way of a narrative of me hating all things Chicago.

Remember when you loved Ryan Braun? And defended him vehemently?

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2015, 04:04:28 PM »

Wait a minute, there.  Have I been misled?
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2015, 05:31:43 PM »

Right, I defended him because in independent arbitrator found him not guilty.  So yes, I defended him.

I also said well before he was ever accused of/proven to have used PEDs that I would be more surprised if he hadn't used PEDs while he was at Miami and ARod was coming around every summer working out there, and I laughed when it was first reported that Braun had failed a drug test.  So yes, I backed him, and I even would've backed him if he had failed a drug test and served his suspension.  He got selfish and acted like an idiot, so he fell out of my good graces.  I suppose you have never changed your opinion of someone  ::).

You continue to change your argument every time something is proven wrong.  The Bucks win a game so let's bring up the Brewers.  When the Bucks continue to prove they are right there with the Bulls then we have to say the guy is a blind Chicago hater.  When he points out he does the same thing with his "hometown teams" he points out that at one point he backed one of those players.  Right.  What's the point?  I don't back him anymore.  He's a lying sack of crap whose word I will never trust again.  Is that what you need to hear?  I also once backed Larry Sanders, and Bert Williams, and Tom Crean, and on and on and on.  I hope you either never loved Crean or Bert or you continue to love them to this day, because you can't possibly change your opinion on someone!

What's the next argument that has nothing to do with the Bulls/Bucks?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:33:42 PM by wadesworld »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2015, 05:36:29 PM »
Right, I defended him because in independent arbitrator found him not guilty.  So yes, I defended him.

I also said well before he was ever accused of/proven to have used PEDs that I would be more surprised if he hadn't used PEDs while he was at Miami and ARod was coming around every summer working out there, and I laughed when it was first reported that Braun had failed a drug test.  So yes, I backed him, and I even would've backed him if he had failed a drug test and served his suspension.  He got selfish and acted like an idiot, so he fell out of my good graces.  I suppose you have never changed your opinion of someone  ::).

You continue to change your argument every time something is proven wrong.  The Bucks win a game so let's bring up the Brewers.  When the Bucks continue to prove they are right there with the Bulls then we have to say the guy is a blind Chicago hater.  When he points out he does the same thing with his "hometown teams" he points out that at one point he backed one of those players.  Right.  What's the point?  I don't back him anymore.  He's a lying sack of crap whose word I will never trust again.  Is that what you need to hear?  I also once backed Larry Sanders, and Bert Williams, and Tom Crean, and on and on and on.  I hope you either never loved Crean or Bert or you continue to love them to this day, because you can't possibly change your opinion on someone!

What's the next argument that has nothing to do with the Bulls/Bucks?

Well the reason I posted what I did was because this is definitely not the first time I've remembered you going off on the Bulls and Bulls fans, I didn't remember anything about the bears (I'm a packers fan so whatever) or anything about the Blackhawks or whatever just the Bulls.  But as much as you say the Bucks are right there and actually closer to being up 3-2 remember we're also a play from it being a series sweep and you're off to cheer for Lebron and his goon squad. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2015, 05:47:59 PM »
Well the reason I posted what I did was because this is definitely not the first time I've remembered you going off on the Bulls and Bulls fans, I didn't remember anything about the bears (I'm a packers fan so whatever) or anything about the Blackhawks or whatever just the Bulls.  But as much as you say the Bucks are right there and actually closer to being up 3-2 remember we're also a play from it being a series sweep and you're off to cheer for Lebron and his goon squad.  

I call it like I see it.  If I see Rose as soft I'll say Rose is soft (I do, and I say Rose is soft).  If I think Braun's a complete fraud I'll say Braun's a complete fraud (I do).  If I think Cutler is a joke of a QB I'll say Cutler's a joke of a QB (he is).  If I think Clay needs to grow a pair and play through some aches in an NFC Championship game I'll say it (it's football for crying out loud, who isn't hurting in some way at that point of the game and season).  If I think McCarthy blew the playcalling by taking the air out of the ball with 20 minutes left in the game I'll say it (I think he did).

Milwaukee, Chicago, Ghana, Indonesia.  I couldn't care less where the player is from or what team he's on.  If he sucks I'll say he sucks.  If he's a superstar I'll say he's a superstar.  Don't like it?  Don't come into a thread about Bulls-Bucks and then get upset about it, and then bring up the Brewers.  Or claim I'm just saying it because I hate Chicago (which I do, but I like Milwaukee and have 0 problem calling players for what they are).

As far as the series, once again, I bring up being competitive and the series score to point out that the Bucks are competitive with the Bulls.  It's 3-2.  The Bucks shouldn't be winning the series, because they lost 3 games and won 2.  They are losing the series.  But they are competitive.  If Bulls fans want to post cute GIFs of the only player that could win them a Championship to pretend that the Bucks "aren't even close" to as good as the Bulls then so be it.  If they think there's no chance the Bucks are better than them next year despite getting their best scorer back (which happens to be the weakest part of their team...putting the ball in the basket) then so be it.  But I'll call it like I see it.  And what I see is a team who has a point guard that plays like he's 40 and tries to play hero ball while the real star sits and watches his point guard turn it over 8 times a game and shoot 20-25 shots a game.  And a team who after this year will have an inordinate amount of money tied up in 4 players.  And the other team a young and upcoming team gaining a ton of valuable experience and not backing down one bit from the team that apparently is so far superior to the Bucks that Jordan giggles at it.  Bulls fans can disagree.  But don't get all mad about me calling it the way I see it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:52:33 PM by wadesworld »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2015, 06:10:54 PM »
I call it like I see it.  If I see Rose as soft I'll say Rose is soft (I do, and I say Rose is soft).  If I think Braun's a complete fraud I'll say Braun's a complete fraud (I do).  If I think Cutler is a joke of a QB I'll say Cutler's a joke of a QB (he is).  If I think Clay needs to grow a pair and play through some aches in an NFC Championship game I'll say it (it's football for crying out loud, who isn't hurting in some way at that point of the game and season).  If I think McCarthy blew the playcalling by taking the air out of the ball with 20 minutes left in the game I'll say it (I think he did).

Milwaukee, Chicago, Ghana, Indonesia.  I couldn't care less where the player is from or what team he's on.  If he sucks I'll say he sucks.  If he's a superstar I'll say he's a superstar.  Don't like it?  Don't come into a thread about Bulls-Bucks and then get upset about it, and then bring up the Brewers.  Or claim I'm just saying it because I hate Chicago (which I do, but I like Milwaukee and have 0 problem calling players for what they are).

As far as the series, once again, I bring up being competitive and the series score to point out that the Bucks are competitive with the Bulls.  It's 3-2.  The Bucks shouldn't be winning the series, because they lost 3 games and won 2.  They are losing the series.  But they are competitive.  If Bulls fans want to post cute GIFs of the only player that could win them a Championship to pretend that the Bucks "aren't even close" to as good as the Bulls then so be it.  If they think there's no chance the Bucks are better than them next year despite getting their best scorer back (which happens to be the weakest part of their team...putting the ball in the basket) then so be it.  But I'll call it like I see it.  And what I see is a team who has a point guard that plays like he's 40 and tries to play hero ball while the real star sits and watches his point guard turn it over 8 times a game and shoot 20-25 shots a game.  And a team who after this year will have an inordinate amount of money tied up in 4 players.  And the other team a young and upcoming team gaining a ton of valuable experience and not backing down one bit from the team that apparently is so far superior to the Bucks that Jordan giggles at it.  Bulls fans can disagree.  But don't get all mad about me calling it the way I see it.

Woah brobeans I'm not mad, outside of you taking a fair amount of unnessecary potshots at a city I doubt you've ever had any real affiliation with I could care less about your opinion. I stated "He's always been shall we say a bit overly passionate and rude when it comes to the Bulls vs Bucks arument... or really to most Bulls fans on here."  That's not a false statement. I think you have a lot of passion toward the bucks that leads to a lot of homer blinders but I agree they'll be a fantastic team soon. Granted you hate on Rose (especially post injury) a ton but you seem to be holding out for Parker as if he'll lead you to the finals but what'll you say if the fellow Simeon alum you worship as the teams offensive savior starts to play hero ball looking like he's 40 turning it over 8 times a game?

I do love the irony that the player you keep referring to as being the missing peice is from Chicago a city you went out of your way to say you hate and I'd bet my money that later if he's a superstar would just love to come right on home after you've spent your $120 on a nice Parker jersey. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2015, 06:30:43 PM »
Woah brobeans I'm not mad, outside of you taking a fair amount of unnessecary potshots at a city I doubt you've ever had any real affiliation with I could care less about your opinion. I stated "He's always been shall we say a bit overly passionate and rude when it comes to the Bulls vs Bucks arument... or really to most Bulls fans on here."  That's not a false statement. I think you have a lot of passion toward the bucks that leads to a lot of homer blinders but I agree they'll be a fantastic team soon. Granted you hate on Rose (especially post injury) a ton but you seem to be holding out for Parker as if he'll lead you to the finals but what'll you say if the fellow Simeon alum you worship as the teams offensive savior starts to play hero ball looking like he's 40 turning it over 8 times a game?

I do love the irony that the player you keep referring to as being the missing peice is from Chicago a city you went out of your way to say you hate and I'd bet my money that later if he's a superstar would just love to come right on home after you've spent your $120 on a nice Parker jersey.  

I would never spend money on any basketball jersey.  And once again...how else to state this...I give up, I really don't know how else to say it...I do not care where a player is from.  If a player can play and help my favorite teams win, AWESOME!  If it takes 13 Chicago kids to bring an NBA championship to Milwaukee, let's do it!  53 Packers players from Chicago to win a Super Bowl?  Bring em aboard!  40 Brewers all form Chicago going to the World Series?  Yippee!  I could not care less where a player is from.  Jimmy Butler is from Texas.  I like Texas.  He went to Marquette.  I LOVE  Marquette.  I don't like Jimmy Butler right now because he plays for the Bulls and I want the Bucks to beat them, and he's really dang good so he's making it hard for the Bucks to do that.  I lived with a kid from Chicago for 2 years and he's still one of my best friends.  I do not care where they are from.  Ghana, Indonesia, Chicago, Milwaukee, Rhinelander.  If they suck, I'll say it.  If they're awesome, I'll say it.  To some people they see me say "Jay Cutler is a terrible quarterback" and roll their eyes and say "He's a Packers fan who hates everything Chicago."  Then after about 6 years of watching Jay Cutler Bears fans are finally starting to see Jay Cutler is a horrible quarterback.  So was it blind hate?  Or was it just that Jay Cutler is not a good football player?  Jay's not from Chicago.  He plays in Chicago.  He sucks at football.  I hate Jay because he's a Bear.  But I love Jay because he's a Bear and he sucks.  If he were on the Packers I would hate Jay because he was making my team bad.

Good thing about Parker is he's not a point guard, so he won't be turning it over 8 times a game.  The Bucks can't score.  Parker can.  I'll be happy to watch him force a few shots if it means as a whole our offense improves.  Meanwhile Derrick Rose is a point guard and does take shots away from the guys who should be scoring the ball for the Bulls (Butler mainly, but also Pau).  The Bulls don't need Rose to shoot it 20 times to win.  Sure if he opens up 5/7 from the field in the 1st quarter of course you let him keep shooting.  But 5-20 from the field with 2 assists (and 6 turnovers) in 42 minutes from your point guard?  No thanks.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 06:39:15 PM by wadesworld »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2015, 07:33:59 PM »
Wades is like the Skip Bayless of Scoop.

He has strong takes. Black or white. No shades of gray.  Defends his position at all costs and every turn. Little room to hedge his bets.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2015, 12:04:16 AM »
I would never spend money on any basketball jersey.  And once again...how else to state this...I give up, I really don't know how else to say it...I do not care where a player is from.  If a player can play and help my favorite teams win, AWESOME!  If it takes 13 Chicago kids to bring an NBA championship to Milwaukee, let's do it!  53 Packers players from Chicago to win a Super Bowl?  Bring em aboard!  40 Brewers all form Chicago going to the World Series?  Yippee!  I could not care less where a player is from.  Jimmy Butler is from Texas.  I like Texas.  He went to Marquette.  I LOVE  Marquette.  I don't like Jimmy Butler right now because he plays for the Bulls and I want the Bucks to beat them, and he's really dang good so he's making it hard for the Bucks to do that.  I lived with a kid from Chicago for 2 years and he's still one of my best friends.  I do not care where they are from.  Ghana, Indonesia, Chicago, Milwaukee, Rhinelander.  If they suck, I'll say it.  If they're awesome, I'll say it.  To some people they see me say "Jay Cutler is a terrible quarterback" and roll their eyes and say "He's a Packers fan who hates everything Chicago."  Then after about 6 years of watching Jay Cutler Bears fans are finally starting to see Jay Cutler is a horrible quarterback.  So was it blind hate?  Or was it just that Jay Cutler is not a good football player?  Jay's not from Chicago.  He plays in Chicago.  He sucks at football.  I hate Jay because he's a Bear.  But I love Jay because he's a Bear and he sucks.  If he were on the Packers I would hate Jay because he was making my team bad.

Good thing about Parker is he's not a point guard, so he won't be turning it over 8 times a game.  The Bucks can't score.  Parker can.  I'll be happy to watch him force a few shots if it means as a whole our offense improves.  Meanwhile Derrick Rose is a point guard and does take shots away from the guys who should be scoring the ball for the Bulls (Butler mainly, but also Pau).  The Bulls don't need Rose to shoot it 20 times to win.  Sure if he opens up 5/7 from the field in the 1st quarter of course you let him keep shooting.  But 5-20 from the field with 2 assists (and 6 turnovers) in 42 minutes from your point guard?  No thanks.

Rhinelander sucks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2015, 06:18:00 AM »
Rhinelander sucks.

Haha well played. Agreed. Eagle River is where it's at.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2015, 07:56:48 AM »
Just curious wades, I've developed a 'Jimmy's the enemy' attitude briefly here for the playoff run and cringe a little each time he dominates.  But I'm also torn because he truly is my favorite player in the league supplanting your own namesake.  I'll feel less conflicted when this series is over and I get to cheer for either Milwaukee or Jimmy and the Bulls without that gnawing guilt.  I really think I'm going to enjoy the developing rivalry in years to come.

Oh, and I can't stand Rose either.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2015, 09:18:20 AM »
Just curious wades, I've developed a 'Jimmy's the enemy' attitude briefly here for the playoff run and cringe a little each time he dominates.  But I'm also torn because he truly is my favorite player in the league supplanting your own namesake.  I'll feel less conflicted when this series is over and I get to cheer for either Milwaukee or Jimmy and the Bulls without that gnawing guilt.  I really think I'm going to enjoy the developing rivalry in years to come.

Oh, and I can't stand Rose either.

I agree with absolutely all of this.  I do think Butler has gotten used to some star treatment (relax Bulls fans, even one of your own Bulls fans responded with a "no doubt" when I suggested it to him), but he is far from the primadonnas that litter the NBA right now, and he hasn't come to rely on going to the free throw line and chucking up 25 shots in order to get to his 20-30 points every night.  I love his game.  I wish he were a Buck.  If and when the Bulls close out the series, I'll be hoping he completely shuts LeBrick down (I understand, you won't completely shut LeBron down in a 7 game series, but I hope it happens) and the Bulls move on (only to lose to the Hawks or Wizards in the Eastern Conference Finals).  There are very few players whose games I enjoy more than Jimmy Butler's and Kawhi Leonard's.  They remind me a lot of each other, from type of game to the way they have rapidly developed their games and continue adding new weapons.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2015, 09:58:30 AM »
At the risk of bringing the thread back on topic... aren't these Bucks fun to watch?  They just never give up!  Plus, they are well coached and run nice sets for the talent they have. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2015, 10:13:35 AM »
I could do without this kind of crap from Butler though:
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/27/8506155/jimmy-butler-locks-down-giannis-antetokounmpo-then-taunts-him

(That's something LeBrick would do.)

Then he goes and flops against Juice:
http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/teams/bucks/2015/04/27/giannisantetokounmpowiththerejec-3584708

(Again, something LeBrick would do.)

And then Giannis gets the last laugh in crunch time:
http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/teams/bucks/2015/04/27/giannisantetokounmpowiththerejec-3584708

(At least he didn't jump around, whine, and scream as if he got fouled like LeBrick would've.)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2015, 10:28:31 AM »
I could do without this kind of crap from Butler though:
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/27/8506155/jimmy-butler-locks-down-giannis-antetokounmpo-then-taunts-him

(That's something LeBrick would do.)

Then he goes and flops against Juice:

(Again, something LeBrick would do.)

And then Giannis gets the last laugh in crunch time:

(At least he didn't jump around, whine, and scream as if he got fouled like LeBrick would've.)

So how do you know there wasn't anything that preceded his reaction?  I've watched Butler for 4 years now.  He does not talk often nor does he flop.   

Honestly, your bias is ridiculous.