[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BULLS-BUCKS  (Read 54431 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: BULLS-BUCKS
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2015, 12:07:50 PM »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:31:43 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2015, 08:27:08 PM »
It was great.  In the BC with my son.  The Bucks play grown man playoff defense but are still offensively challenged, especially now that Knight is gone.  At the end of regulation and even more at the end of the first OT I sincerely believe they needed to drive aggressively to the hoop and initiate contact.  One free throw would have won it.

All that said, there's no way today that the Bucks can compete against the Bulls.  But even if they lose today, they've dramatically upped their game and the future is very bright.  Get Jabari back, add a new center (Frank?) and improve the SG position maybe via free agency and they'll be a top 4 East team.  That'll be fun.

It was weird not cheering for Jimmy and the Bulls.  That changes next week sometime.  But for one more day or maybe two he is the enemy.  I think he'd understand.

Why add a center? Henson is exactly what they need. Defends the heck out of the paint and rebounds and taps everything. It'd be nice to have him be able to hit a 15 footer but I love Henson and with Jabari at the 4 he'll be able to spread the court as a post player anyway.

Draft a pure shooter who can come off the bench and get MCW and Giannis a half way respectable jumper and you're set.

Problem is Bucks could have a similar record next year even with improvements overall as a team just based on still having to compete with the Cavs, Bulls, and a Pacers team with a healthy Paul George back next year. Could the Central be the best division in basketball next year?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2015, 04:13:31 AM »
Why add a center? Henson is exactly what they need. Defends the heck out of the paint and rebounds and taps everything. It'd be nice to have him be able to hit a 15 footer but I love Henson and with Jabari at the 4 he'll be able to spread the court as a post player anyway.

Draft a pure shooter who can come off the bench and get MCW and Giannis a half way respectable jumper and you're set.

Problem is Bucks could have a similar record next year even with improvements overall as a team just based on still having to compete with the Cavs, Bulls, and a Pacers team with a healthy Paul George back next year. Could the Central be the best division in basketball next year?

+1.  Or maybe a Novak homecoming?

Know that this is a homer talking, but I am very excited about the Bucks going forward.  I desperately want to step out of our 2001 shadow.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2015, 07:55:31 AM »
Absolutely great game tonight. Kinda felt like the Bucks last breath of fight in em.

I was at the game, and even as a Bulls fan I had a ton of fun.  Not the best basketball I've ever seen played on either side, but a really fun atmosphere.  I would say it was maybe 50-50 with fans and maybe even closer to 60-40 Bulls, but the split made for a really unique dynamic.  The section I was in had a lot of both fans and everybody was respectful.  My own group was split with allegiances too which makes it even more fun.
I also haven't eaten at Kopps in a few years and the bucket of grease in my belly helped me sleep well.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2015, 09:36:32 PM »
As a basketball fan, I really enjoy watching this Bucks team. Kidd can really coach, especially in a playoff series. This year's far from over, but they get Jabari and add some pieces this summer, I like this team.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2015, 09:39:19 PM »
As a basketball fan, I really enjoy watching this Bucks team. Kidd can really coach, especially in a playoff series. This year's far from over, but they get Jabari and add some pieces this summer, I like this team.

Agreed. I always appreciate your honesty regardless of allegiance. I know I'm not that unbiased. But the future is bright for the Bucks, unlike the last 5 or so times. They are tough and are going to be really good for years to come.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2015, 09:59:30 PM »

Agreed, and I've been a Bulls fan since I was a kid. I thought the MCW trade was a steal when they made it and he sure made it look that way tonight. Mark Miller mentioned tonight the idea of Kevon Looney and man would a rebounding forward like that help this young team. Fun, young, athletic, if they can avoid guys getting away and injury they could be very good.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2015, 10:04:47 PM »
Agreed, and I've been a Bulls fan since I was a kid. I thought the MCW trade was a steal when they made it and he sure made it look that way tonight. Mark Miller mentioned tonight the idea of Kevon Looney and man would a rebounding forward like that help this young team. Fun, young, athletic, if they can avoid guys getting away and injury they could be very good.

I love Looney for being a hometown kid but with Giannis and Parker locking down the 3 and 4 for hopefully the next 10 years I'm not sure there's a spot to spend a first rounder on him.  I'd rather go for a pure shooter which is the biggest need with how Henson is playing right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2015, 11:12:53 PM »
Although I'm not sure why I would be talking about the Bucks in the Playoffs and their bright future right now when the Brewers are in the first month of their season, ai'na PTM?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  :D

Even by the most crazy, biased, diehard Chicago sports fans/Wisconsin sports haters standards, that was an outstanding one.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2015, 07:23:26 AM »
Looney will be selected before the Bucks pick.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2015, 08:00:11 AM »

Correct.  Just saying, while I would love him on the Bucks, there are definitely smarter picks that the Bucks can make given the makeup of their roster.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2015, 08:31:43 AM »

I'm not sure about that.  A number of mocks have him being drafted right around where the Bucks are.

I love Looney for being a hometown kid but with Giannis and Parker locking down the 3 and 4 for hopefully the next 10 years I'm not sure there's a spot to spend a first rounder on him.  I'd rather go for a pure shooter which is the biggest need with how Henson is playing right now.

I don't think you can look at the NBA in terms of positions.  The NBA is all about filling roles.  Looney brings something that the Bucks need - more rebounding.  But I largely agree with you that a shooter would be nice - I wonder if that is something they can pick up in free agency.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2015, 08:35:57 AM »
This series is interesting.  The Bulls have the potential to put the best three players on the floor (Rose, Butler, Gasol), but when one or more don't show up, the Bucks actually are deeper and pretty well balanced.  The Bucks length is making Dunleavy useless, and Mirotic doesn't look comfortable with the quickness.

In the end I think the Bulls win.  It very well could be Thursday.  But I really like watching the Bucks play and the future looks bright.  For as much of a disaster as I thought the Kidd hire would be, he really is showing that he can coach - especially a young team.  Interesting that the announcers were noting the difference in demeanor between Kidd and Thibs and how a young team responds well to a more laid back guy.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2015, 08:41:03 AM »
I'm not sure about that.  A number of mocks have him being drafted right around where the Bucks are.

I don't think you can look at the NBA in terms of positions.  The NBA is all about filling roles.  Looney brings something that the Bucks need - more rebounding.  But I largely agree with you that a shooter would be nice - I wonder if that is something they can pick up in free agency.

Suns, Kings, and Pacers are all very interested.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2015, 08:45:47 AM »

Suns, Kings, and Pacers are all very interested.

The question is how genuine is their interest and who else are they interested in.  Always a lot of smoke and mirrors especially when non playoff teams are doing a lot of work on their draft right now.

You very well might be right, but it is also pretty early in the process.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2015, 08:49:29 AM »
I'm not sure about that.  A number of mocks have him being drafted right around where the Bucks are.

I don't think you can look at the NBA in terms of positions.  The NBA is all about filling roles.  Looney brings something that the Bucks need - more rebounding.  But I largely agree with you that a shooter would be nice - I wonder if that is something they can pick up in free agency.

I agree that you don't necessarily draft based on position, but as a Bucks fan I hope that Giannis and Parker are both 30+ MPG guys at the 3 and 4, respectively.  In my opinion, Looney will play the 3 and 4 in the NBA.  With the type of player Looney is, I think you're looking at a guy who can also be a 30+ MPG guy 3 or 4 years down the road.  Looney would certainly be outstanding value at 18 (or whatever number the Bucks have) and I would love it, but right now the Bucks are looking at contending starting next year (relax Bulls fans, I don't mean they're on the verge of an NBA Championship for next season...I mean a top 4 seed in the East, home court in the 1st round, and looking at "win now" versus "own the future"), no longer in 3 or 4 years.  I'm not sure Looney helps next year's Bucks team as much as a guy like Booker, who, in my opinion, won't have as good of a professional career as Looney, but can shoot the ball and has good size for a shooting guard.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 08:51:47 AM by wadesworld »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2015, 08:53:20 AM »
This series is interesting.  The Bulls have the potential to put the best three players on the floor (Rose, Butler, Gasol), but when one or more don't show up, the Bucks actually are deeper and pretty well balanced.  The Bucks length is making Dunleavy useless, and Mirotic doesn't look comfortable with the quickness.

In the end I think the Bulls win.  It very well could be Thursday.  But I really like watching the Bucks play and the future looks bright.  For as much of a disaster as I thought the Kidd hire would be, he really is showing that he can coach - especially a young team.  Interesting that the announcers were noting the difference in demeanor between Kidd and Thibs and how a young team responds well to a more laid back guy.

This series - and the Bulls' playoff chances - all hinge on Derrick Rose. Though he's only 26, at this point, he reminds me of an aging superstar who can still takeover games but not as consistently as he used to, only he hasn't realized/acknowledged his limitations that yet. He's the most important player on the team and possibly the most inconsistent. Gasol is going to give you 16-10 a night, Butler is going to score and get to the line, Noah is going to give 30+ minutes of hustle, Taj is going to "do the little things." For the most part, you know what you're getting from those guys. Rose looked like an MVP in Game 3 and like an overwhelmed rookie in Game 4. He needs to figure out when to pick his spots and when to defer. He just hasn't found that balance yet.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2015, 08:56:46 AM »
I agree that you don't necessarily draft based on position, but as a Bucks fan I hope that Giannis and Parker are both 30+ MPG guys at the 3 and 4, respectively.  In my opinion, Looney will play the 3 and 4 in the NBA.  With the type of player Looney is, I think you're looking at a guy who can also be a 30+ MPG guy 3 or 4 years down the road.  Looney would certainly be outstanding value at 18 (or whatever number the Bucks have) and I would love it, but right now the Bucks are looking at contending starting next year (relax Bulls fans, I don't mean they're on the verge of an NBA Championship for next season...I mean a top 4 seed in the East, home court in the 1st round, and looking at "win now" versus "own the future"), no longer in 3 or 4 years.  I'm not sure Looney helps next year's Bucks team as much as a guy like Booker, who, in my opinion, won't have as good of a professional career as Looney, but can shoot the ball and has good size for a shooting guard.

Down the road, a five of MCW, Giannis, Jabari, Looney and Henson could be devastating in terms of size and length.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2015, 09:23:13 AM »
Down the road, a five of MCW, Giannis, Jabari, Looney and Henson could be devastating in terms of size and length.

That is true, the length of that lineup would be scary and it'd be tough to score on that defense, but shooting is such an important aspect in basketball and especially professional basketball, and there is absolutely none in that lineup.  The best shooter both now and in the future in that lineup would be Jabari, and I don't think he'll ever be more than a guy who stretches the floor simply because he's a 4 that can step out and hit from 15.  There would be 0 3 point threats on the floor.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2015, 09:25:27 AM »
This series - and the Bulls' playoff chances - all hinge on Derrick Rose. Though he's only 26, at this point, he reminds me of an aging superstar who can still takeover games but not as consistently as he used to, only he hasn't realized/acknowledged his limitations that yet. He's the most important player on the team and possibly the most inconsistent. Gasol is going to give you 16-10 a night, Butler is going to score and get to the line, Noah is going to give 30+ minutes of hustle, Taj is going to "do the little things." For the most part, you know what you're getting from those guys. Rose looked like an MVP in Game 3 and like an overwhelmed rookie in Game 4. He needs to figure out when to pick his spots and when to defer. He just hasn't found that balance yet.

Exactly right.  Rose needs to realize that he's closer to the 28% 3 point shooter that he was throughout the regular season than the 47% 3 point shooter that he was in the 1st 3 games.  He has to realize that when his 3 point shot isn't falling he needs to attack the rim and get others involved.  As long as he plays hero ball the Bucks will have a chance.  The problem I see going into Thursday is that MCW could do the same thing that Rose did yesterday simply because he played a great game and scored a lot last night.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:37 AM »

The question is how genuine is their interest and who else are they interested in.  Always a lot of smoke and mirrors especially when non playoff teams are doing a lot of work on their draft right now.

You very well might be right, but it is also pretty early in the process.

Yes, more will be known after the combine in Chicago and after individual workouts. Right now, primarily based on potential, he is slotted for the lottery. I do no that he's workin' full time, daily, on his game and body.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2015, 09:58:10 AM »
That is true, the length of that lineup would be scary and it'd be tough to score on that defense, but shooting is such an important aspect in basketball and especially professional basketball, and there is absolutely none in that lineup.  The best shooter both now and in the future in that lineup would be Jabari, and I don't think he'll ever be more than a guy who stretches the floor simply because he's a 4 that can step out and hit from 15.  There would be 0 3 point threats on the floor.

Fair enough, but I'd be willing to bet that within 2 years, Parker, Giannis and Looney are all solid 3-point shooters and MCW will be respectable. There's no Kyle Korver in that bunch but 3-point shooting shouldn't be a major issue.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2015, 10:13:59 AM »

That may also be the worst shooting team in NBA history. Gotta keep Middleton in that mix.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »
I really like what I see out of Henson so I'll amend what I said about a center just last week.  I agree that all the young guys should see their shot improve as they gain experience and what is now an incomplete package on the offensive end.  Both Greek and MCW need to build on their mid range game.  That'll propel both closer toward all star status.

Okay, now my absolute dream.  Jimmy Buckets decides he doesn't want to play with a declining D Rose and signs with the Bucks as the alpha dog committing them on a path toward the NBA Finals.  That would be so effing awesome.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2015, 12:18:45 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-bulls-bucks-playoffs-rosenbloom-20150428-column.html

Looks like the Chicago Tribune's own columnist is also calling the Bulls soft...