[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BULLS-BUCKS  (Read 54121 times)

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: BULLS-BUCKS
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 06:56:28 PM »
Getting Mozgov was a brilliant move by the Cavs' GM and really solidified their interior defense. He hustles on offense, too. He fits their lineup perfectly.

As for those not liking the way LeBron plays, neither do I. Who likes watching the most dynamic force in basketball set up his teammates (by far assist man among NBA forwards) while still getting 30 points and 10 rebounds for himself? Gets to the Finals every year, too.

I wouldn't want a selfish loser like that on my team, that's for sure!

I'm with you. With so many truly miserable a—holes in sports, why the hate for LeBron? Very strange.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 07:08:34 PM »
I'm with you. With so many truly miserable a—holes in sports, why the hate for LeBron? Very strange.

For the same reason a lot of people here don't like Wisconsin, he's a crybaby. Despite being the most physically gifted player in the league and having a carte blanche to steamroll through the lane, he is constantly whining. I know all stars call for fouls, but most don't do it while playing with brute force like Lebron does.  And he's self aggrandizing without showing the take no prisoners attitude that usually comes with it.   I personally can't stand his public persona. His recent tweet about Lauren Hill was a prime example.  And how he's thrown Kevin Love under the bus this season after campaigning to get him.

I'll never deny his skills or ability, cause he's remarkable to watch at times, but I get far less joy out of him than more intense competitors like Westbrook or Durant.  Its funny to say it, but Lebron could be even more dominant, he just doesnt have that edge.

Oh also "great husband and father"...he has at least 1 illegitimate child in Miami with a radio host down there.  He's just masterful with PR and always has been, crack team behind him.  Not that it makes him unique in the NBA by any means, but not squeaky clean like he's been portrayed.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:12:25 PM by JWags85 »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 07:57:57 PM »
Never understood all the LeBron hatred. Why? Because he dared to move on after playing out his contract? He has never had problems with the law...seems like a great husband and father...and accommodates the media.

Yeah, what a dick. ::)

Lebron is one of the best of all time and overall seems like a good enough dude.  But for a guy of his size and skill-level he is too much of whiny bitch and a flopper.  He's easy to hate.   And I love DWade but he took on some of that persona during Lebron's time in Miami. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 07:59:37 PM »
They're finally getting healthy though. I hope they take out the Cavs. The Cavs are very beatable but the East is so weak. Would anybody from the East be a top 6 team is they played in the West? Maybe the Cavs. Maybe the Bulls if they would've stayed healthy.

I think if the Bulls had been relatively healthy the whole year they might be the team to beat in the East.  Aside from Rose not being Rose, I think it is one of the most talented teams Thibs has had but also one of the most frustrating.  So many great wins and inexplicable losses. 

Rose is set financially for life.  Stop shooting 3s and just attack. please. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 08:01:25 PM »
For the same reason a lot of people here don't like Wisconsin, he's a crybaby. Despite being the most physically gifted player in the league and having a carte blanche to steamroll through the lane, he is constantly whining. I know all stars call for fouls, but most don't do it while playing with brute force like Lebron does.  And he's self aggrandizing without showing the take no prisoners attitude that usually comes with it.   I personally can't stand his public persona. His recent tweet about Lauren Hill was a prime example.  And how he's thrown Kevin Love under the bus this season after campaigning to get him.

I'll never deny his skills or ability, cause he's remarkable to watch at times, but I get far less joy out of him than more intense competitors like Westbrook or Durant.  Its funny to say it, but Lebron could be even more dominant, he just doesnt have that edge.

Oh also "great husband and father"...he has at least 1 illegitimate child in Miami with a radio host down there.  He's just masterful with PR and always has been, crack team behind him.  Not that it makes him unique in the NBA by any means, but not squeaky clean like he's been portrayed.

+1.  Posted my response above before I read this. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2015, 08:56:27 AM »
Then you must hate all pro sports these days. That "swagger" is found all across the NBA, NFL, and MLB. That's the way it is today...too ingrained in the culture.

You just hit on one or the main reasons pro sports are painful to watch.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »
Butler off to a great start.  Go Bucks, regardless!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2015, 08:22:24 PM »
Bulls are a good team with a healthy, effective Rose

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 09:25:51 PM »
Was at a loud bar tonight but thought I heard the announcers say something about OJ Mayo's younger brother playing with Jimmy at MU. Can anyone confirm this?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2015, 10:45:11 PM »
Was at a loud bar tonight but thought I heard the announcers say something about OJ Mayo's younger brother playing with Jimmy at MU. Can anyone confirm this?

I didn't hear that but I did see Jimmy destroy the Bucks in the fourth quarter.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2015, 11:12:29 PM »
It really sucks when your pro team is done in by guys from MU. I want to see them do well, but man. Do it against someone else. Crowder's shot set up this matchup, and Jimmy has been unstoppable.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2015, 08:34:34 AM »
I didn't hear that but I did see Jimmy destroy the Bucks in the fourth quarter.

Ya Jimmy was unreal yesterday nice to see some offense after such a slow start by the every player on the floor.

Maigh Eo for Sam

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2015, 08:59:08 AM »
Loved the matter-of-fact "mic'd up" quote from Jimmy to Thibs..."He can't guard me. He's too little."

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2015, 11:19:10 AM »
Pleasantly surprised with the Bulls so far this playoffs. Need more from Noah and Gasol but Jimmy is putting on a show. He was the missing piece the Bulls needed the year Rose won MVP.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:24:06 PM by ChitownLee »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2015, 12:11:32 PM »
I don't mean to rain on the Bulls fans parade because I actually think they have an okay shot to beat the Cavs and go to the Finals, but what they're doing against the Bucks doesn't show anything (either positive or negative).  The Bucks simply aren't very good, especially when Mayo, Ersan, and Dudley are shooting so absolutely horribly like they are this series.  They simply can't score the basketball.  Any Eastern Conference playoff team would look as good as the Bulls do.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2015, 12:25:56 PM »
I don't mean to rain on the Bulls fans parade because I actually think they have an okay shot to beat the Cavs and go to the Finals, but what they're doing against the Bucks doesn't show anything (either positive or negative).  The Bucks simply aren't very good, especially when Mayo, Ersan, and Dudley are shooting so absolutely horribly like they are this series.  They simply can't score the basketball.  Any Eastern Conference playoff team would look as good as the Bulls do.

I agree, compared to others I am a very reserved Bulls fan. But the thing I will say is that the Bulls struggle with length  (see Wizards 2014) but seem do be doing a decent job against the Bucks who have a ton of lenghth.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2015, 12:43:51 PM »

The Bucks defense is quite a bit better than Cleveland's and I think they are more physical as well.  Mirotic is banged up now so I'm just hoping the Bulls can win in 5 and stay healthy.  I'm also not sure any EC playoff team would look as good as the Bulls have. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2015, 03:12:54 PM »

The way I see it its a good opportunity to warm up and get the starters gelling before cleveland. The Bulls record with the five starters playing is amazing (though admittedly a small sample size) so if they get four or five games together to really gel against good defense, which the Bucks do have, then we're in for a heck of a good series against Cleveland.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2015, 03:16:24 PM »
Pleasantly surprised with the Bulls so far this playoffs. Need more from Noah and Gasol but Jimmy is putting on a show. He was the missing piece the Bulls needed the year Rose won MVP.

Need more than the 35 rebounds they combined for last night???
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2015, 03:32:22 PM »
Not to that extent. There's a difference between passion and arrogance. LBJ has crossed that line over and over every year.

Well, he is clearly the best player in his sport.  Without even really having another contender.  Can't really say that about any other sport.  I think he has the right to be a little arrogant. 

For the me it is the flopping that drives me crazy.  He isn't the only one (far from it), but when a guy that is what 6'9 250 gets bowled over by 6 ft 180 guy, cmon, really? 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2015, 03:44:15 PM »
Well, he is clearly the best player in his sport.  Without even really having another contender.  Can't really say that about any other sport.  I think he has the right to be a little arrogant. 

A healthy KD might complain about that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2015, 05:31:58 PM »

For the me it is the flopping that drives me crazy.  He isn't the only one (far from it), but when a guy that is what 6'9 250 gets bowled over by 6 ft 180 guy, cmon, really? 

I agree about the flopping. And your first point only further makes my point in my opinion. He's the best player in the world yet he celebrates "dagger" 3 point shots over the Bucks as if he's never made a shot in his life. I used to absolutely hate the Spurs and especially Pop. As the NBA has become more and more filled with a bunch of primadonas, I have come to love how they play the game. They have gone from my 2nd most hated team (behind the Lakers) to my 2nd favorite team (behind the Bucks). Pop put it perfectly here:

http://fansided.com/2015/04/07/spurs-gregg-popovich-enjoys-kawhi-leonards-cold-demeanor/

I get it, there's a time and a place for passion in the game. It makes things exciting and competitive. But every single time you dunk the ball as a 6'9 absolute freak athlete you have to stair down the defender and flex your muscles? Every time you get a soft and-1 you have to flex as if you just stiff armed Ray Lewis? Come on. It gets old and abnoxious.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2015, 10:13:18 PM »
Absolutely great game tonight. Kinda felt like the Bucks last breath of fight in em.
Maigh Eo for Sam

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2015, 05:06:52 PM »
A healthy KD might complain about that.

He could complain, it wouldn't change anything though.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »
Absolutely great game tonight. Kinda felt like the Bucks last breath of fight in em.

It was great.  In the BC with my son.  The Bucks play grown man playoff defense but are still offensively challenged, especially now that Knight is gone.  At the end of regulation and even more at the end of the first OT I sincerely believe they needed to drive aggressively to the hoop and initiate contact.  One free throw would have won it.

All that said, there's no way today that the Bucks can compete against the Bulls.  But even if they lose today, they've dramatically upped their game and the future is very bright.  Get Jabari back, add a new center (Frank?) and improve the SG position maybe via free agency and they'll be a top 4 East team.  That'll be fun.

It was weird not cheering for Jimmy and the Bulls.  That changes next week sometime.  But for one more day or maybe two he is the enemy.  I think he'd understand.

feedback