[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: britt mchenry-dude, where's my car?? espn says take 5  (Read 9787 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
britt mchenry-dude, where's my car?? espn says take 5
« on: April 16, 2015, 07:27:07 PM »

apparently not so bright-she was told she was being recorded and continued to spew. ouchie!  should espn allow her back?  she does look like she has some talent(s) though-heyna heyna

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/16/espn-suspends-reporter-britt-mchenry/
don't...don't don't don't don't

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: britt mchenry-dude, where's my car?? espn says take 5
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 08:01:11 PM »
She's a Northwestern school of journalism grad student.  Book smart, but that was stupid. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 08:05:03 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 08:16:29 PM »
She did the right thing.

Gotta go Hollywood on that attendant, she had no other choice.

Lesson learned.  Never tow a hot blonde's car.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 08:22:03 PM »
It's beyond just being stupid.  First of all the "I'm on the news" stuff is just ridiculous. You're not Walter Cronkite,  you talk about RG3 on espn a couple times a week.  The basic discussion was me smart, you dumb; me hot, you ugly with snaggle teeth and oh yea you're fat too.  All this after being told you're being recorded and looking right into the camera. As they say, character revealed.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 08:35:10 PM »
Not gonna lie Britt really turned me on there.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 10:14:17 PM »
Had my car towed when I was a t MU. Not a pleasant experience and tow yard employees have to be the most abused employees of any occupation.
No one is in a good mood to begin with and the fees are outrageous because they can stick it to you.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 10:14:42 PM »
It's beyond just being stupid.  First of all the "I'm on the news" stuff is just ridiculous. You're not Walter Cronkite,  you talk about RG3 on espn a couple times a week.  The basic discussion was me smart, you dumb; me hot, you ugly with snaggle teeth and oh yea you're fat too.  All this after being told you're being recorded and looking right into the camera. As they say, character revealed.

Its not a big enough deal, so I doubt it comes out, but watching the video, it appears to be edited.  Who knows what was said to start it off.

Apparently this towing company is well known in the DC area for potentially illegal towing practices.  Her car was towed in a parking lot of a restaurant she was eating in.  Other people responded to the story with reports of the company towing their cars out of their assigned parking spots in apartment lots they pay for, that the towing company operates.

I'm not excusing her behavior, but I'm saying there is likely more than meets the eye and this wasn't her berating some helpless secretary at a large company, but likely one of the parties responsible for predatory towing.

I once had my car towed in Chicago because snow covered a sticker, followed the truck to the towing facility, was told I had to wait 2 hours for it to be "processed" but if I paid $250, I could have it immediately.  All cash of course.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 10:06:42 AM »
I can fully believe that a towing company is a bunch of predatory jagoffs.

I can also believe that the person behind the counter was giving it as good as she was getting it in the parts edited out.

However, McHenry set herself up for failure by acting like a spoiled brat.  Her profession subjects her to risks that us nameless folks don't have to deal with and she needs to carry herself accordingly.

Also, I hope she has the self-awareness of why she has her job at ESPN and that she should not have expected a very long career there, even before this incident.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 01:45:32 PM »
I always side with ultra-hot women over douchebag towing companies. Always.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 05:21:10 PM »
I can fully believe that a towing company is a bunch of predatory jagoffs.

I can also believe that the person behind the counter was giving it as good as she was getting it in the parts edited out.

However, McHenry set herself up for failure by acting like a spoiled brat.  Her profession subjects her to risks that us nameless folks don't have to deal with and she needs to carry herself accordingly.

Also, I hope she has the self-awareness of why she has her job at ESPN and that she should not have expected a very long career there, even before this incident.

As was noted above. Everyone sides with the hot babe.

Fact is she is a spoiled, self entitled piece of a sh!t.  I hope ESPN fires her ASAP.  Then she will do the only thing she can to revive her career ... Pose for playboy.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 05:26:02 PM »

Fact is she is a spoiled, self entitled piece of a sh!t.  I hope ESPN fires her ASAP.  Then she will do the only thing she can to revive her career ... Pose for playboy.

Wow lash out much?  If only we all could have treated every single person we ever encountered with the utmost respect and kindness like you, even when wronged.

Glad that now a personal transgression in which no laws were broken and no moral boundaries were crossed, outside of being rude, is grounds for someone being completely written off and their job taken away.  Good god.

Meanwhile, Stephen A Smith said that women should try harder not to be beaten by their spouses and he wasn't suspended at all.  I await your similarly pithy take down of his life.

For me this has nothing to do with "siding with a hot girl" and everything to do with being sick of people grossly overreacting to a one sided story with ridiculous excess.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 05:30:53 PM »
Wow lash out much?  If only we all could have treated every single person we ever encountered with the utmost respect and kindness like you, even when wronged.

Glad that now a personal transgression in which no laws were broken and no moral boundaries were crossed, outside of being rude, is grounds for someone being completely written off and their job taken away.  Good god.

Meanwhile, Stephen A Smith said that women should try harder not to be beaten by their spouses and he wasn't suspended at all.  I await your similarly pithy take down of his life.

For me this has nothing to do with "siding with a hot girl" and everything to do with being sick of people grossly overreacting to a one sided story with ridiculous excess.

I have a 20 year old daughter and is she went off on a tow truck company clerk, with that kind self entitled spoiled approach, I was tear into her just the same.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 05:34:23 PM »
I always side with ultra-hot women over douchebag towing companies. Always.

What if it was a good looking man sideline reporter caught doing this over douchebag towing company.............  would the resulting punishment have been different?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 05:36:03 PM »

I can promise you that I have never spoken to anyone like that.  Not even when I was drunk, or extremely angry, or both.  

It's inexcusable.
Have some patience, FFS.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »
What if it was a good looking man sideline reporter caught doing this over douchebag towing company.............  would the resulting punishment have been different?

We would be demanding blood.

Hot chicks get a pass.  See this thread and how some are doing back flips to rationalize what happened.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 05:47:22 PM »

Hot chicks get a pass.  See this thread and how some are doing back flips to rationalize what happened.

Lots of people get a pass....we've learned that here.  Excuses, but but buts, history, progress....something....   Not what is said, but who says the what

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 06:09:09 PM »

She's not getting a pass, people are burying her. And anyone who is not is accused on solely defending her because she's attractive. Backflips aren't being done, I'm not defending her, I'm defending the one sided nature of the story and the public overreaction.

Again, I've never defended her words. Most of what she said was cringeworthy, however, I feel uncomfortable when private words at a private business she's wasn't a willing patron of is used to suggest her job should be stripped.

And warriorchick, I'm not suggesting the same vitriol, but if you've never been rude at a bar, on the street, etc, well, you're a much better person than myself.

Heisenberg, would you suggest your daughter be fired?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 06:12:59 PM »

Are you slut-shaming McHenry because she got loud in an edited video that the towing company released to generate publicity?

In Jersey, this interaction happens on a slow Sunday night in every township.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 08:44:33 PM »
what a difference between jordan spieth and britt.  i know i know, what kind of comparison is this?  just 2 famous young people with different perspectives on life.  one is comfortable in their own skin, the other-not so much.  remember, character-what one does when no one is looking, or so ya think

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 09:39:55 PM »
She's not getting a pass, people are burying her. And anyone who is not is accused on solely defending her because she's attractive. Backflips aren't being done, I'm not defending her, I'm defending the one sided nature of the story and the public overreaction.

Again, I've never defended her words. Most of what she said was cringeworthy, however, I feel uncomfortable when private words at a private business she's wasn't a willing patron of is used to suggest her job should be stripped.

And warriorchick, I'm not suggesting the same vitriol, but if you've never been rude at a bar, on the street, etc, well, you're a much better person than myself.

Heisenberg, would you suggest your daughter be fired?

If she had a job in the public spotlight, and made those kind of statements ... maybe

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 10:12:42 PM »
Have some patience, FFS.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 10:25:32 PM »
Bet she's dirty in bed.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 04:57:04 AM »
Bet she's dirty in bed.
[/quot

funny !!   after seeing that tape, how nasty could she be if things didn't go her way

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 07:16:36 AM »
Are you slut-shaming McHenry because she got loud in an edited video that the towing company released to generate publicity?

In Jersey, this interaction happens on a slow Sunday night in every township.

I don't think you know what the term "slut-shaming" means.
Have some patience, FFS.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 07:17:36 AM »
I can promise you that I have never spoken to anyone like that.  Not even when I was drunk, or extremely angry, or both.  

It's inexcusable.
yeah, but is it a hanging offense?