'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Tomasz Gielo - Grad Transfer  (Read 14065 times)

moomoo

• Team Captain
Tomasz Gielo - Grad Transfer
« on: April 16, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »

I see a 6 foot 9 inch, 225 lbs forward, who is a good to very good rebounder.

And guess what:

Shot 40% from 3 past 2 years.

He can open up a lot of space for HenLuke (yes, I did that), if you want to go big.  Plus he can likely rebound better than Steve could.

Would like to hear some thoughts on him

Thx.

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

Litehouse

• All American
Re: Tomasz Gielo - Grad Transfer
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 12:24:20 PM »
Player to be named later in the Dawson trade?

He's from Poland and only played in 7 games last year at Liberty before a season-ending injury gave him a medical red-shirt year.  We could definitely use some help at rebounding and 3PT shooting.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 03:52:57 PM »

I see a 6 foot 9 inch, 225 lbs forward, who is a good to very good rebounder.

And guess what:

Shot 40% from 3 past 2 years.

He can open up a lot of space for HenLuke (yes, I did that), if you want to go big.  Plus he can likely rebound better than Steve could.

Would like to hear some thoughts on him

Thx.

I was under the impression that rebounding was Steve's best thing.  In fact, Steve was well above average at it.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 01:19:49 AM »
Player to be named later in the Dawson trade?

He's from Poland and only played in 7 games last year at Liberty before a season-ending injury gave him a medical red-shirt year.  We could definitely use some help at rebounding and 3PT shooting.

Wojo's got this. #donedeal
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 07:14:16 AM »
Wojo's got this. #donedeal

Bardzo dobrze!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 11:58:56 PM »
Maybe we can entice him with these:
SS Marquette

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 12:25:32 AM »
A straight trade with Liberty for John Dawson - and we get a guy who torched Buzz for a season high 13 points with three treys.

Ah, only had him at a 0.43 Value Add but one weakness with my tool is I don't have time to go through and account for missed time for injuries. In theory though, getting that in 7 games would put him around a decent 2.0 Value Add if he had played the whole season - so worth a look. Definitely a backup plan. He was 0.59 in Value Add in a full junior season, and see he did crack top 50 in eFG that year. Defensive numbers are dreadful though.

Season Rank   Player   Team   Conf   Ht   Class   Off   Def   PG Per   Value Add   Year   NBA Position
1372   Gielo, Tomasz   Liberty   BSth   6-09   3 Jr   0.89   1.95   0.00   0.59   2014   
5481   Gielo, Tomasz 12   Liberty   BSth   6-09   4 Sr   0.02   -0.02   SF   0.43   2015 Act   
9999   Gielo, Tomasz   Liberty   BSth   6-09   1 Fr   0.04   2.00   0.00   0.00   2012   
9999   Gielo, Tomasz   Liberty   BSth   6-09   2 So   0.00   1.17   0.00   0.00   2013   
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 12:58:01 AM »
Is he official?  Several people associated w/ MU began following him on Twitter.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
SS Marquette

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 07:23:58 AM »
6-9 rebounder who looks fairly athletic and makes 40% of 3s and 80% of FTs. Eligible immediately as one-year rental.

If there is any downside to this, I don't see it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 07:36:37 AM »
Are we actually in conversations with him?

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
definitely want him - sorry I used the words "backup plan"
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 10:29:39 PM »
I apologize for using the word "backup plan." Clearly, he would be a great get with no downside. What I wanted to convey was that he was not an absolute game-changer like Shonn or Damion would be - players who single-handedly take us into the NCAA in my judgement.

We have three scholarships available, and I'd love to have all three to make us a top team next year and not eat up scholarship spots for the following year when Wojo could have a huge class.

By all means, let's get Tomasz if there is a chance.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 02:24:48 PM »

Not sure. I think Mark Miller is following him on Twitter. I'm too old to even know what that means, but I would love to hear what Mark Miller knows about this recruit, if anything. MM knows his stuff.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 11:07:07 AM »
This is where I'm going.  We need a one year guy to take Steve's minutes.  Wojo has 20 to offer.  I'd think a solid #4 looking for high D-1 would jump at the opportunity.  I'm not asking for a guy who wants his number retired.

But I'm not playing the name change game.  Only did that briefly for Henry.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 12:33:35 PM »
This is where I'm going.  We need a one year guy to take Steve's minutes.  Wojo has 20 to offer.  I'd think a solid #4 looking for high D-1 would jump at the opportunity.  I'm not asking for a guy who wants his number retired.

But I'm not playing the name change game.  Only did that briefly for Henry.

There's still time to get into the game for Zaire.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 02:28:50 PM »
Tomasz is very good. Was hurt most of last season with a foot injury. But is more than likely staying with Coach McKay at Liberty..... Along with Dawson.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 06:48:02 AM »
Tomasz is very good. Was hurt most of last season with a foot injury. But is more than likely staying with Coach McKay at Liberty..... Along with Dawson.

According to Goodman's post yesterday, the Gielo ship has sailed past Milwaukee. Disappointed if true.

"13. Tomasz Gielo, Liberty (eligible immediately) -- The native of Poland only played seven games last season before suffering a stress fracture in his right foot. Gielo is 6-9 and knocked down better than 40 percent of his 3-pointers over the past two seasons.

Considering: Ole Miss, Kansas State, Boise State"

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 07:34:24 AM »
According to Goodman's post yesterday, the Gielo ship has sailed past Milwaukee. Disappointed if true.

"13. Tomasz Gielo, Liberty (eligible immediately) -- The native of Poland only played seven games last season before suffering a stress fracture in his right foot. Gielo is 6-9 and knocked down better than 40 percent of his 3-pointers over the past two seasons.

Considering: Ole Miss, Kansas State, Boise State"

It's hard to get these guys unless you have an obvious hole at their spot (in the starting lineup) which needs filling.  That was the case for MU with Lockett and Carlino.  Not the case here with Ellenson penciled into the four spot. He's got one year left.  While we may see Gielo as a key cog without him starting, it's hardly surprising if he doesn't see it the same way.  If Steve Taylor, Jr. didn't see enough minutes available next year to keep him happy, why should someone from the outside see it differently?

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 08:49:01 AM »
It's hard to get these guys unless you have an obvious hole at their spot (in the starting lineup) which needs filling.  That was the case for MU with Lockett and Carlino.  Not the case here with Ellenson penciled into the four spot. He's got one year left.  While we may see Gielo as a key cog without him starting, it's hardly surprising if he doesn't see it the same way.  If Steve Taylor, Jr. didn't see enough minutes available next year to keep him happy, why should someone from the outside see it differently?

I see your point. But I think Gielo could have gotten significant minutes, at the 4, 5 (and even times at the 3) on a potentially strong team. That's something to be interested in.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 09:52:44 AM »
Next man up, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 10:05:26 AM »
Maybe we can entice him with these:

paczki!

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 11:28:02 AM »
Unfortunate if true. We really need a couple more bodies that we can plug in for 10-15 MPG.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 12:23:57 PM »

Don't think so.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 04:48:04 PM »
Don't think so.

Committed to ole miss

feedback