[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[April 19, 2024, 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] NCAA Free Agent Tracker 4/14  (Read 4657 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
[Paint Touches] NCAA Free Agent Tracker 4/14
« on: April 16, 2015, 08:26:43 AM »
Not sure what happened but this story didn't come up with the usual "PaintTouchesSays" bot.

http://painttouches.com/2015/03/25/ncaa-free-agent-tracker-2015-damion-lee-transfers/
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] NCAA Free Agent Tracker 4/14
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 08:42:56 AM »
TAMU,  do you have any inkling that Wojo has some kind of pecking order?  For example, Lee might be his first choice at the wing with somebody like Shonn Miller as Plan B?  And it would seem that he's totally gone away from anyone on the Juco side, yes?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 08:46:15 AM »
The thing about Paint Touches' list is that they came up with an order on their own but didn't really take into consideration who Wojo might be going after.  For instance, they had Anthony Collins as #2, but there is no indication that Wojo had any interest in him at all.  In fact, it doesn't look like he has interest in *any* point guard transfer.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 08:59:23 AM »
The thing about Paint Touches' list is that they came up with an order on their own but didn't really take into consideration who Wojo might be going after.  For instance, they had Anthony Collins as #2, but there is no indication that Wojo had any interest in him at all.  In fact, it doesn't look like he has interest in *any* point guard transfer.

Possibly honoring his conversations with Traci.  If he doesn't sign one, it almost assures us that Traci if given every opportunity to start from day 1.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 08:34:03 AM »

The list was never meant to be a list of who wojo was going after. It's a list of the top grad transfers ranked in my amateur opinion of who would fill our needs the best. Casual fans don't know who the grad transfers are so this is a convenient place to find and speculate.
TAMU

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 08:39:19 AM »

The list was never meant to be a list of who wojo was going after. It's a list of the top grad transfers ranked in my amateur opinion of who would fill our needs the best. Casual fans don't know who the grad transfers are so this is a convenient place to find and speculate.

The page starts with this introduction:

"With the departure of Steve Taylor, Marquette now has three open scholarships for 2015-2016 and zero seniors. The Golden Eagles are in dire need of a point guard, rebounding, and three point shooting. All the above problems can be remedied with the addition of a free agent…err…graduate transfer or two. Paint Touches will be keeping the Marquette faithful updated with the Free Agent Tracker, a continuously updated report on all the immediately eligible transfers with the resume to possibly deserve a call from Coach Wojo."

It implies needs (point guard, rebounding, shooting) and that they "possibly deserve a call from Coach Wojo."

It doesn't look as though Wojo views PG as a "dire need."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 11:10:30 AM »
I agree Sultan.  I think we've learned from Daddy that Wojo sincerely believes that TC is the guy with support from others, most notably HC.  Everything Daddy learned last week seems to fit the pattern of what we're seeing. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 11:28:43 AM »

The page starts with this introduction:

"With the departure of Steve Taylor, Marquette now has three open scholarships for 2015-2016 and zero seniors. The Golden Eagles are in dire need of a point guard, rebounding, and three point shooting. All the above problems can be remedied with the addition of a free agent…err…graduate transfer or two. Paint Touches will be keeping the Marquette faithful updated with the Free Agent Tracker, a continuously updated report on all the immediately eligible transfers with the resume to possibly deserve a call from Coach Wojo."

It implies needs (point guard, rebounding, shooting) and that they "possibly deserve a call from Coach Wojo."

It doesn't look as though Wojo views PG as a "dire need."

Again. This is my opinion of what Marquettes needs are. In my opinion, pg is a dire need. I'm not claiming that my opinion is wojos opinion. I don't have access to wojos recruiting war room.
TAMU

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »
No criticism TAMU.  It's great work.  Please keep us plugged in.

You know anything about the Jucos that Daddy mentioned?  I get the feeling he didn't get any names on Thursday.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 06:16:15 PM »
No criticism TAMU.  It's great work.  Please keep us plugged in.

You know anything about the Jucos that Daddy mentioned?  I get the feeling he didn't get any names on Thursday.

Nothing unfortunately. Only uncommitted JUCOs I have heard us mentioned with is Dashawn Freeman and Ty Outlaw, and both of those were a while ago.
TAMU

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 10:18:25 AM »
Talk to us TAMU.  Next?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 12:52:00 PM »
Talk to us TAMU.  Next?

Working on one. Lots of new faces to write about
TAMU

feedback