[Today at 03:10:06 AM]

south jordan best online hookup site by MarquetteVol
[April 19, 2024, 11:53:22 PM]

santa rosa flirt adult by JakeBarnes
[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big Ten vs Big East match ups announcements next week?  (Read 42899 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Big Ten vs Big East match ups announcements next week?
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 07:09:19 AM »
Too soon for a Sacar homecoming. ;)

Maybe during his Senior year.

Wasn't Sacar Mufasa's evil brother in the Lion King?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 07:59:05 AM »
I think everybody should pay homage by tanning themselves and wearing their tie past their groin.

I'm gonna get my hair cut at Cost Cutters just to show the mofo that ya need to spend at least $8 for a good haircut, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 09:38:51 AM »
I was thinking we should have signs and chants demanding the Wade and Final Four banners come down.  That would be the ultimate burn

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 09:42:45 AM »
I was thinking we should have signs and chants demanding the Wade and Final Four banners come down.  That would be the ultimate burn

Here to save the day!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 10:04:31 AM »

This isn't about Wild, the BOT, Cords, Dick Strong, Craig Kasten or Greg Borca, only TC.  Please, stay on topic.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2015, 10:26:22 AM »
I know it will probably not work out the way we want, but in a perfect world which matchups would you want to see?
here are some of mine.

Georgetown vs. Maryland- There is a lot of bad blood between these teams, and they never play each other. They are huge recruiting rivals for DMV players and the game would be competitive and highly anticipated with 2 big names.

Marquette Vs. Indiana- Should both be strong next season, both big name programs, and I think there's another obvious reason. Needs to be played in MKE though

DePaul Vs. Northwestern- both weak teams, obviously close to each other, maybe DePaul could get a win?

Creighton Vs. Wisconsin- play a similar style, maybe Creighton could beat them at their own game

Villanova Vs. Michigan St.- Big name teams with big name coaches. They will both be really good next year.

Xavier Vs. Ohio St. - Would definitely be competitive, X could make a big statement knocking of the arrogant people at THE OSU.

Butler Vs. Michigan

St Johns Vs. Purdue

Seton Hall vs. Iowa

Providence Vs. Illinois

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2015, 12:42:29 PM »
This isn't about Wild, the BOT, Cords, Dick Strong, Craig Kasten or Greg Borca, only TC.  Please, stay on topic.

Exactly....BOT, Wild, Strong, Kasten (that's makes me laugh), Borca, didn't recruit Wade at all.  Very much about TC and Wade.  One doesn't exist without the other.   

That would be a cool burn, to have the banners come down, lowered slowly.  Then we could have Aaron Rodgers throw a lit football at them so they combust.....the place goes crazy.   We bring out the old Milwaukee Mustang chicks on their Harleys to run over the smoldering ruins on the court, and then the MPD mounted horse units come in to take a whizz with the Hazmat team right after it do dispose of things properly. 

What a burn.  Who's going to develop the songs and cheers over the next number of months if the matchup happens?  Hell, even if it doesn't, this should be a go project in the event it ever does happen.  You can never be prepped enough I always say.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2015, 12:46:50 PM »
Have they said anything about how scheduling is determined?  Places in conference, television appeal, random?  Just know it was said months ago that we had a home game.  I suppose that's better than the Big East/SEC thing we entered into where we played UT on a "neutral" floor in Nashville.

http://www.bigten.org/genrel/050514aaa.html

If you don't feel like reading here is a summary.

8 games a year for 8 years
Big East home games on FS1, Big Ten on ESPN (4 each per year)
Games played at teams regular arenas
2 games on Tuesday-Friday
Big East teams will appear a minimum of 6 times (4 teams will play 7 times)
Big 10 team will appear a minimum of 4 times (8 teams will play 5 times)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:49:42 PM by MUMonster03 »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2015, 01:29:29 PM »
Here to save the day!

I'm here to help.  How can I help get the process started, the songs written, the chants learned and distributed, the pyrotechnics, etc.  Let's knock this out of the park.  Think big.  He should leave that arena knowing he did nothing, was not valued at all, and all of this would have happened regardless.  It is key that we really knock this out of the park and leave it crystal clear for everyone to understand.

Mu2323

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »
I dont believe the badgers will be involved in this this year.  The season starts for them on Nov. 13, and the Big East games are supposed to be played from Nov. 17-20.  The Badgers have their first game at MSG on the 20th, so you can rule that day out as well as the 19th because it wouldn't make sense to play on consecutive days.  The 2K Classic comes with two home games, which I assume would be their first two games of the regular season.  The opener would probably be the 13th or 14th with the second game a couple days later.  The only way I could see this work would be if they play a road game on the 18th  on the way out to New York, maybe play someone like Villanova or St. John's. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2015, 01:32:02 PM »
I know it will probably not work out the way we want, but in a perfect world which matchups would you want to see?
here are some of mine.

Georgetown vs. Maryland- There is a lot of bad blood between these teams, and they never play each other. They are huge recruiting rivals for DMV players and the game would be competitive and highly anticipated with 2 big names.

Marquette Vs. Indiana- Should both be strong next season, both big name programs, and I think there's another obvious reason. Needs to be played in MKE though

DePaul Vs. Northwestern- both weak teams, obviously close to each other, maybe DePaul could get a win?

Creighton Vs. Wisconsin- play a similar style, maybe Creighton could beat them at their own game

Villanova Vs. Michigan St.- Big name teams with big name coaches. They will both be really good next year.

Xavier Vs. Ohio St. - Would definitely be competitive, X could make a big statement knocking of the arrogant people at THE OSU.

Butler Vs. Michigan

St Johns Vs. Purdue

Seton Hall vs. Iowa

Providence Vs. Illinois

Depaul would get wrecked by Northwestern. Not quite there yet but Northwestern is a tourney team in 2016-17. McIntosh is a stud and Vic Law and Scottie Lindsey are developing nicely.

Mu2323

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2015, 01:34:45 PM »
Depaul would get wrecked by Northwestern. Not quite there yet but Northwestern is a tourney team in 2016-17. McIntosh is a stud and Vic Law and Scottie Lindsey are developing nicely.

I have heard that for the last 8 years.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2015, 01:37:54 PM »
I have heard that for the last 8 years.

Nah, the only time any Northwestern fan truly believed that was the year with Crawford, Thompson, and Shurna. That being said, even if NU isnt a tourney team they have more than enough talent to stomp Depaul. McIntosh would be the perfect fit at PG for next years Marquette team. Hes really fun to watch and can shoot really well and has a ridiculous floater.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2015, 01:55:41 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing MU get a game with Northwestern. They'll be good, but a more winnable game than IU would be.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2015, 04:09:56 PM »
As I said.

Marquette gophers please!!

Watching Joey King try to guard Henry as the potential to be funnier than any
Comedy movie released in last 10 years
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2015, 04:21:34 PM »
I'm here to help.  How can I help get the process started, the songs written, the chants learned and distributed, the pyrotechnics, etc.  Let's knock this out of the park.  Think big.  He should leave that arena knowing he did nothing, was not valued at all, and all of this would have happened regardless.  It is key that we really knock this out of the park and leave it crystal clear for everyone to understand.
I think the long ties and tanning bed sessions would be more effective.

hoyasincebirth

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2015, 05:08:10 PM »
I dont believe the badgers will be involved in this this year.  The season starts for them on Nov. 13, and the Big East games are supposed to be played from Nov. 17-20.  The Badgers have their first game at MSG on the 20th, so you can rule that day out as well as the 19th because it wouldn't make sense to play on consecutive days.  The 2K Classic comes with two home games, which I assume would be their first two games of the regular season.  The opener would probably be the 13th or 14th with the second game a couple days later.  The only way I could see this work would be if they play a road game on the 18th  on the way out to New York, maybe play someone like Villanova or St. John's. 

Eh Georgetown is in that same tournament and we plan on playing in the Gavitt games. The 2K classic games don't both have to be before the actual tournament since it's not a real tournament like the NIT.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2015, 05:37:30 PM »
Eh Georgetown is in that same tournament and we plan on playing in the Gavitt games. The 2K classic games don't both have to be before the actual tournament since it's not a real tournament like the NIT.

Do you know if you guys will definitely have a Gavitt game this year though? Two teams will be left out from our league, haven't heard which two yet though.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2015, 06:12:43 PM »
Would be happy with games against any Big Ten team. Rutgers would be least preferred, but a road game in metro NY never hurts.

Would love to see a home and home with Michigan State.

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2015, 07:23:12 PM »
Georgetown is in the 2k tournament at MSG, so they are out this year.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2015, 11:02:56 PM »

Plural? I think you already bought the GAS banner, no?

I say we take down the George Thompson jersey instead from the rafters and let "Tip" spin him around a few times on the handle of the Broom Lady's work utensil.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2015, 11:27:35 PM »
Plural? I think you already bought the GAS banner, no?

I say we take down the George Thompson jersey instead from the rafters and let "Tip" spin him around a few times on the handle of the Broom Lady's work utensil.

Yes, plural.  Wade banner.  Final Four banner.

hoyasincebirth

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2015, 12:16:13 PM »
Georgetown is in the 2k tournament at MSG, so they are out this year.

Nope not the case at all.

Allegedly the 2 teams out are Creighton and Seton Hall.

Seton Hall and Butler both play in tournaments starting Thursday. If the logic is Georgetown and Wisconsin can't play because they play on Friday then it would follow Seton Hall and Butler can't play either. But obviously some of those teams are playing.

And Yes I do know Georgetown is playing as JT3 has referred to us playing in it numerous times.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2015, 01:02:11 PM »
too bad, Creighton should play NE

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2015, 01:19:25 PM »
too bad, Creighton should play NE

They already play every year, just like us and UW.