[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Damion Lee gives his finalists .... MU is one of them  (Read 121393 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Damion Lee gives his finalists .... MU is one of them
« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2015, 08:19:46 PM »
Zona fans still saying it's basically a done deal with him going to zona

He's not been to Real Chili yet.  Patience everyone.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #251 on: April 17, 2015, 09:01:31 PM »

The Louisville paper has his schedule as this ...

Lee visits Arizona first, from Friday [today] to Sunday, then Louisville from Sunday to Tuesday. Gonzaga's coaches will fly to Baltimore to visit Lee next Wednesday. He is familiar with Maryland, which is a short drive from home, and may still set up a visit with Marquette, though his trips have to align with his mom's work schedule.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2015/04/15/louisville-basketball-transfer-target-damion-lee-thorough-research/25841223/

If Zona fans are correct, he'll commit before he is scheduled to fly to Louisville on Sunday.  If not, Zona is not probably not going to happen.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:05:48 PM by Lee Heisenberg »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #252 on: April 17, 2015, 09:08:34 PM »
Dear Arizona Fans-

Respect the process.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2015, 06:23:08 AM »
Stanley, Zeus considering staying

http://tucson.com/stanley-zeus-considering-staying/article_55ff0516-e627-11e4-a3fc-27fc8247c66b.html

Stanley, Zeus considering staying

Stanley Johnson may be dealing with the biggest decision of his adult life, which … just started.

“He’s only 18,” Johnson’s mother, Karen Taylor, said, repeatedly, while discussing her son’s decision of whether to leave the Arizona Wildcats after just one season.

Sitting in the Top 5 in the NBA mock drafts for most of his freshman season at Arizona, Johnson has slightly dropped into the 6-10 range — which still means he’s projected to earn at least $2 million next season in the NBA.

That’s why UA coaches have been preparing for his departure, and continue to do so. They even have Drexel grad transfer Damion Lee, a high-powered wing scorer, on campus for a recruiting visit this weekend.

But while UA center Kaleb Tarczewski has not yet declared his expected decision to stay at UA, Taylor and Johnson’s high school coach insist Johnson is thinking about sticking around, too.

“I know all the other kids who have announced didn’t come back to school, but Stanley’s still taking classes,” said Gary McKnight, who coached Johnson at Mater Dei High School. “To me that’s a good sign that he’s seriously considering coming back. I’ve encouraged him to stay. He’s only 18 and an extra year of college basketball can put him in the top echelon. And he really enjoys college.”

McKnight said he spoke to Johnson last week and believed he “has a real conflict going and can’t make up his mind.”

Taylor said her son is “still processing” all the information, while Tarczewski’s former coach and mentor John Carroll, said earlier this month that Tarczewski was taking his time with his decision.

While neither Johnson nor Tarczewski could be reached for comment, here’s some of the arguments that might be floating around in their heads as the April 26 deadline to declare for early draft entry nears:

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #254 on: April 19, 2015, 06:57:03 AM »
Competition for Lee?

Arizona signee Allonzo Trier is MVP at Jordan Brand Classic

http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/story/arizona-wildcats-signee-allonzo-trier-co-mvp-jordan-brand-classic-041715

Arizona Wildcats signee Allonzo Trier was selected co-MVP of the prestigious Jordan Brand Classic game, held Friday night in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Trier scored 26 points on 8 of 10 shooting to lead the West to a 118-116 over the East. Cheick Diallo, who has not committed, scored 26 points, making 12 of 16 shots, to earn MVP honors for the East.

Trier, a 6-foot-4 guard known for his scoring ability, also had four rebounds.

Wrote Scout.com's Rob Harrington after the game:

"There aren't many who can score with Trier, an Arizona signee. He was up to his usual tricks during the Jordan game and tallied his 28 points to lead all scorers. Trier was aggressive off the dribble and found ways to slice his way to the basket. He's a physical driver who also plays well through contact. He finished after a bump multiple times in this one. Trier also worked in mid-range jump shots and buried a long-range jumper."

Trier is rated 17th overall nationally and the No. 2 shooting guard by Scout.com. He is part of an Arizona recruiting class that is ranked No. 1 by Scout, although many pending signings could shake up the rankings. The Wildcats are on the hunt for more help, too, including a pair of graduate transfers on campus this weekend -- power forward Mark Tollefsen from the University of San Francisco and wing Damion Lee from Drexel.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2015, 07:50:52 AM »
If Lee went to Arizona, I'm sure Miller would get Trier and him on the court together. More likely Stanley Johnson staying would have more impact on Lee's decision.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2015, 02:53:56 PM »

Apparently Lee has left Tucson without a verbal/commitment and is on his way to Louisville.  

Do Zona fans still this is #donedeal!

http://cardinalsportszone.com/2015/04/19/damion-lee-and-tyus-battle-both-visiting-louisville-sunday/

One week ago, Lee tweeted out that his final five are Arizona, Gonzaga, Louisville, Marquette, and Maryland. For a while, it seemed like it would come down to Louisville and Maryland because Lee is a native of Baltimore. However, the latest chatter seems to point to it actually coming down to Louisville and Arizona. He just finished his visit out west with the Wildcats, and if he is leaving there without committing, Rick Pitino having him come to campus right after that is huge.

Lee has said that he wants to make his decision in early May

This is the Louisville paper ... they don't know anything other than he left AZ without committing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:57:21 PM by Lee Heisenberg »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »

Point Guard U ‏@UofAPointGuardU 2h2 hours ago
Damion Lee and Mark Tollefsen visits went great for Arizona. Need to see how the scholly's play out.

Point Guard U ‏@UofAPointGuardU 4h4 hours ago
Arizona leads for Damion Lee. Won't see a decision today though. It's either Stanley Johnson or Damion Lee at the three spot next season.

Javier Morales ‏@JavierJMorales 2h2 hours ago
Stanley Johnson has until next Sun to decide NBA in plans for next yr. Damion Lee's decision could hinge on that for playing time on wing.
1 retweet 4 favorites

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #258 on: April 19, 2015, 03:07:23 PM »
Arizona fans claim Lee is waiting for Stanley Johnson to make his decision. Really like to hear is nail down a date. Gonzaga expected to have an in home this week.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2015, 03:10:13 PM »
Arizona fans claim Lee is waiting for Stanley Johnson to make his decision. Really like to hear is nail down a date. Gonzaga expected to have an in home this week.

Yes ... from my two posts above, the "insiders" from bother Louisville and Zona boith think they are #donedeal! to get Lee.  No doubt the "insiders" for Gonzaga will be saying "donedeal! on Wednesday.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2015, 03:18:09 PM »
R-E-L-A-X. If you guys haven't seen it yet, you never will. This isn't some incoming freshman who's going to get caught up in the excitement of a recruiting visit and commit on the spot. He's done his homework and knows what he's looking for. He cut his list to 5 and is going to give each of the 5 programs their shot to sell him on their school. We'll know in early May, like he's said all along. Respect the process.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2015, 03:32:49 PM »
R-E-L-A-X. If you guys haven't seen it yet, you never will. This isn't some incoming freshman who's going to get caught up in the excitement of a recruiting visit and commit on the spot. He's done his homework and knows what he's looking for. He cut his list to 5 and is going to give each of the 5 programs their shot to sell him on their school. We'll know in early May, like he's said all along. Respect the process.

I don't expect him to jump the gun either, but worth reporting what's out there.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2015, 03:36:57 PM »

Stanley is only 18 and the rumor is his mom would like him to return to UA for another season. She feels he is to too young. We shall see how this plays out. If he returns, Lee will not be playing is Tucson.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #263 on: April 19, 2015, 04:13:55 PM »
I just hope all the ZonaScoopers haven't changed their screen names to LeeSomething because that would spell doom for us.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #264 on: April 19, 2015, 04:28:12 PM »
Has nice things to say about Zona, but still plans on taking all five visits.

http://collegebasketball.scout.com/story/1538923-lee-sees-arizona-next-up-is-louisville?s=196

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #265 on: April 19, 2015, 09:44:05 PM »
I don't think anything. I think Benny was making a joke because he has the same last name as a bar on NYU's campus. I could be wrong though

;D
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2015, 09:59:29 AM »
Stay classy Louisville

‏@ThatBoysGood   UofL campus, show out and toss the finest poon towards Damion Lee during his visit. Team needs that dude.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2015, 10:01:29 AM »
Stay classy Louisville

‏@ThatBoysGood   UofL campus, show out and toss the finest poon towards Damion Lee during his visit. Team needs that dude.
Pitino will be getting him back room table service at Porcini's. Rick's favorite slime pit.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2015, 10:05:04 AM »
If that is the case that he will be allowing all 5 schools to give him their best shot, Wojo's powerpoint will outshine the Arizona girls, Louisville tradition, as well as the others. Respect the process.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2015, 10:07:03 AM »
Yes ... from my two posts above, the "insiders" from bother Louisville and Zona boith think they are #donedeal! to get Lee.  No doubt the "insiders" for Gonzaga will be saying "donedeal! on Wednesday.
BS. Wojo's power point is the "done deal."

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2015, 10:15:57 AM »
Geez Willie, you've had some great fresh takes this week.  We get it.  Try some new talking points or maybe the mods can put you on time out.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2015, 10:16:12 AM »
If that is the case that he will be allowing all 5 schools to give him their best shot, Wojo's powerpoint will outshine the Arizona girls, Louisville tradition finest poon, as well as the others. Respect the process.

FIFY
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2015, 12:19:07 PM »
If that is the case that he will be allowing all 5 schools to give him their best shot, Wojo's powerpoint will outshine the Arizona girls, Louisville tradition, as well as the others. Respect the process.

Mazos, you've been hanging out with the Racine high school teacher who posts here (can't remember his username off the top of my head) too often lately.  Just relax a little bit.  It's good for you.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2015, 12:20:13 PM »
They have hot girls, we have an ice cream truck. (said like "we have a Hulk" in Avengers).
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2015, 12:59:08 PM »
Mazos, you've been hanging out with the Racine high school teacher who posts here (can't remember his username off the top of my head) too often lately.  Just relax a little bit.  It's good for you.

KenoshaWarrior aka "who's Ron Paul?"
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."