[Today at 02:02:23 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by onepost
[Today at 12:53:48 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU82
[Today at 12:50:47 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: To The "Superbar" Posters  (Read 10655 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
To The "Superbar" Posters
« on: April 12, 2015, 12:07:07 PM »
You have to stop!  What would be off-topic in during the season is what makes this place interesting until the next season starts.

So to wadesworld and onepost and the like, give it a rest.  It painfully obvious that you had "issues" growing up.  Leave them out of here.  Either comment on the post's topic or not at all.  You're making this place no fun with your self-appointed policing of what is an acceptable thread.  You are not a mod and it's not your call.  You're ruining this site.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:09:29 PM by Heisenberg »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: To The "Superbar" Posters
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 12:20:04 PM »
I've got my popcorn ready.

This should get interesting
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 12:30:11 PM »
This should probably be in the Superbar.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 12:39:46 PM »
Gotta love the kid who is on a free website who openly admits to making topic titles that have nothing to do with the actual topic in order to generate more "clicks" for himself telling me that it is "painfully obvious that (I) had 'issues' growing up."  Who had the issues growing up again?

::)

I go in Hanging at the Al and rarely ever go into the SuperBar because I come here mainly to read about Marquette basketball.  When I go into Hanging at the Al and it's 90% threads about things that you can't even remotely relate to Marquette basketball it gets a little ridiculous, especially when of that 90%, 85% are threads that you start.

Sure, I could "report it to the moderators," but the moderators do this for free on their own time.  If anybody deserves a break it is them.  Why should they have to take the time to go into 50 different threads and move them into the correct forum?  How about this...how about you just create them in the correct thread from the get-go and you don't have to hear from me, they don't have to move the thread, and I don't have to try to decide which thread is actually going to be about Marquette basketball because you like to make fake titles in order to get people to enter them because somehow that makes you really cool when you get a ton of views in your threads?

Good plan?  Well, not for you because then people like myself won't enter your threads and it'll take away from your clicks.  You know, the things you don't make any money whatsoever off of.  But hey, you get mad MUScoop cred, baby!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:45:09 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 01:06:13 PM »
Well, I think Brew nailed it. This is a superbar post, at best.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 01:30:23 PM »
States on top.  MU Scoop- Marquette Basketball and Sports Supersite.  It has the Stud of the Game, not the politician of the month.  It has the Big East Standings, not the Economic ratios of the world.  It has the time clock set to March Madness, not the 2016 general election. 

The problem is with the newly sub topic Politics Board.  Probably been 100 and more topics posted in last month and half, majority during March Madness and Conference Championships and they continue to be posted.  Always a title with a link to an article. When one comes on the MU Scoop you immediately look at the "Recent Topics" which have the last seven postings.  80% of them have been matters relating to the Politics Board. When one says "superbar", it doesn't really matter because the topic shows up on recent posts. 

If this is truly a sports talk forum, then maybe the mods can set up something in which the "recent posts" only display those related to "Hanging at the Al"and sports related matters.  Those wishing to discuss Politics/Superbar would have to click on those board links and have any discussion they want.  Don't know what the general feeling would be out there, but I miss the older days of just basketball/sports discussion.  Sometimes when logging in I feel as if its the Wall Street Journal comments site. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 01:38:50 PM »
States on top.  MU Scoop- Marquette Basketball and Sports Supersite.  It has the Stud of the Game, not the politician of the month.  It has the Big East Standings, not the Economic ratios of the world.  It has the time clock set to March Madness, not the 2016 general election. 

The problem is with the newly sub topic Politics Board.  Probably been 100 and more topics posted in last month and half, majority during March Madness and Conference Championships and they continue to be posted.  Always a title with a link to an article. When one comes on the MU Scoop you immediately look at the "Recent Topics" which have the last seven postings.  80% of them have been matters relating to the Politics Board. When one says "superbar", it doesn't really matter because the topic shows up on recent posts. 

If this is truly a sports talk forum, then maybe the mods can set up something in which the "recent posts" only display those related to "Hanging at the Al"and sports related matters.  Those wishing to discuss Politics/Superbar would have to click on those board links and have any discussion they want.  Don't know what the general feeling would be out there, but I miss the older days of just basketball/sports discussion.  Sometimes when logging in I feel as if its the Wall Street Journal comments site. 

Good call. I agree with much of this.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 01:39:27 PM »
States on top.  MU Scoop- Marquette Basketball and Sports Supersite.  It has the Stud of the Game, not the politician of the month.  It has the Big East Standings, not the Economic ratios of the world.  It has the time clock set to March Madness, not the 2016 general election.  

The problem is with the newly sub topic Politics Board.  Probably been 100 and more topics posted in last month and half, majority during March Madness and Conference Championships and they continue to be posted.  Always a title with a link to an article. When one comes on the MU Scoop you immediately look at the "Recent Topics" which have the last seven postings.  80% of them have been matters relating to the Politics Board. When one says "superbar", it doesn't really matter because the topic shows up on recent posts.  

If this is truly a sports talk forum, then maybe the mods can set up something in which the "recent posts" only display those related to "Hanging at the Al"and sports related matters.  Those wishing to discuss Politics/Superbar would have to click on those board links and have any discussion they want.  Don't know what the general feeling would be out there, but I miss the older days of just basketball/sports discussion.  Sometimes when logging in I feel as if its the Wall Street Journal comments site.  

The politics board was set up for one simple reason ... it is reasonable to assume the next President of the United States might be a MU alum.  Like it or not, their will be a lot of tangential MU news when Walker announces his run.  This site is going to need a place for those discussions or they will overwhelm the superbar.

If he loses, then an argument can be made to take that board down.

Regarding what goes on "hangin" and what does on the "superbar?"  In season, MU basketball only.  Off-season, expand that to college basketball.  Otherwise we will only have 5 to 10 new threads between now and September and a lot of people will get bored and leave this site.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:41:30 PM by Heisenberg »

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 01:40:11 PM »
Well, I think Brew nailed it. This is a superbar post, at best.

And at worst?  Trading post?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 01:41:18 PM »
I'm out of popcorn
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 01:42:14 PM »
The politics board was set up for one simple reason ... it is reasonable to assume the next President of the United States might be a MU alum.  

I don't think that is the case at all.  I believe that was established because there was a segment of posters that kept starting political posts so the mods made a place for them.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 01:42:27 PM »
I'm out of popcorn

And the movie kinda sucks.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 01:48:08 PM »
The politics board was set up for one simple reason ... it is reasonable to assume the next President of the United States might be a MU alum.  Like it or not, their will be a lot of tangential MU news when Walker announces his run.  This site is going to need a place for those discussions or they will overwhelm the superbar.

If he loses, then an argument can be made to take that board down.

Regarding what goes on "hangin" and what does on the "superbar?"  In season, MU basketball only.  Off-season, expand that to college basketball.  Otherwise we will only have 5 to 10 new threads between now and September and a lot of people will get bored and leave this site.

Many may leave because they are getting bored with political and social discussions.  We shall see how it works out
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:49:46 PM by nyg »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 02:09:32 PM »
Many may leave because they are getting bored with political and social discussions.  We shall see how it works out

No one is forcing anyone to go to the political board.  None of that discussion is on this board.

Besides  look at the threads and traffic on the political board,  it is very popular.   You hold a minority view on this subject and should it win the day,  traffic and interest on scoop goes down.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 02:09:55 PM »
OP is an attention harlot.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 02:16:38 PM »

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 02:37:21 PM »
Superbar
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 02:42:52 PM »
I find the post "subpar" to be irritating. I read the first post and I do not care for it, I just move on. Some so called "subpar" topics I find interesting. Maybe I should be arrogant and start posting "subpar" on the topics I have no interest in.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 02:50:17 PM »
I find the post "subpar" to be irritating. I read the first post and I do not care for it, I just move on. Some so called "subpar" topics I find interesting. Maybe I should be arrogant and start posting "subpar" on the topics I have no interest in.

+1

It is arrogant ... it is an announcement of your opinion and a demand that mods obey your opinion and move a post to the superbar.  

Ignore posts that don't interest you.  Don't demand your personal opinion/demand be forced on those that might be interested in that thread.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 04:29:41 PM »
+1

It is arrogant ... it is an announcement of your opinion and a demand that mods obey your opinion and move a post to the superbar.  

Ignore posts that don't interest you.  Don't demand your personal opinion/demand be forced on those that might be interested in that thread.

No, that is not what it is at all.  Not arrogant at all, not depanding the mods obey, not an opinion.  It's a fact that the thread has nothing to do with Marquette basketball at all, and it's pointing it out to the person (95% Heisenberg) who made the thread that they should be posting it in the correct forum (the Superbar).

Arrogance is saying "So what if the title isn't what the thread is about, look how many clicks I have compared to other threads!"

Nobody's "demanding" anything.  People are pointing out that the thread has nothing to do with Marquette basketball.  And they don't.  No opinion about it.

We can try to ignore threads that don't interest us, but when the thread title is one thing and the subject is another it's hard to know whether or not we will be interested in the thread.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 04:31:25 PM by wadesworld »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 05:06:31 PM »

The rules of the board are clear. I just try to abide by them myself. This forum is for Marquette basketball posts. No where in the rules have I seen an "in-season/off-season" differentiation. Many of your recent threads, just like this one, belong in the Superbar.

Obviously, it's the mods call, but as you are not a mod, I'm confused as to why you think the rules are yours to make and interpret.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 05:23:33 PM »
Regarding what goes on "hangin" and what does on the "superbar?"  In season, MU basketball only.  Off-season, expand that to college basketball.  Otherwise we will only have 5 to 10 new threads between now and September and a lot of people will get bored and leave this site.

This is basically how I roll.  I think the other mods agree.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2015, 05:31:10 PM »
The rules of the board are clear. I just try to abide by them myself. This forum is for Marquette basketball posts. No where in the rules have I seen an "in-season/off-season" differentiation. Many of your recent threads, just like this one, belong in the Superbar.

Obviously, it's the mods call, but as you are not a mod, I'm confused as to why you think the rules are yours to make and interpret.

Their are 40 threads on the first page.  By your measure, 22 of them should be moved to the superbar.  I started 6 of the 22 (27%).  Eliminate my post and still nearly half of posts by others should be on the supebar ... including those started by some of the biggest "superbar whiners."  Note that the mods have moved none of them to the superbar.

In my eight years of posting (and yes I start more than anyone else because starting posts "is what I do") not once has a moderator PM'ed me to offer guidance or limits to my posting.

The larger point is the the mods disagree with your interpretation.   So you have an opinion and it is not shared by those that run this site.  You continue to hold a minority view.

My posts are bolded

To The "Superbar" Posters

Sun-Times: Is Jahlil Okafor the 'best' player ever from Chicago?
Official Transfer Thread (started by superbar whiner "onepost")
Must See Willie
Dekker announces he is leaving - Per ESPN
Seven Kentucky Underclassman Coming Out Early
Caleb Swanigan to MSU
Bobby Hurley to ASU
Ahoya
enough Badger Talk
Darrin Horn joining Shaka Smart at Texas (nm)
Marquette dog names
Geno Says Men's College Basketball Is Unwatchable (No One Can Score!)
The Unique Camaraderie and Togetherness of the Big East 2.0
Article on University Coach Searches
Bo Ryan’s bizarre interview
Kostas Antetokounmpo
T-Shirts...
Tokoto declares for draft
Bo whines in first post game interview
CollegeBasketballTalk.com way too early top 25
Nate Silver weighs in on how badly Coach Cal blew it. 80%+ chance to win
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:32:42 PM by Heisenberg »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 05:51:03 PM »
Up to the mods. But none of that changes that this particular thread is neither Marquette basketball nor college basketball related and thus belongs in the Superbar.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 05:59:28 PM »
States on top.  MU Scoop- Marquette Basketball and Sports Supersite.  It has the Stud of the Game, not the politician of the month.  It has the Big East Standings, not the Economic ratios of the world.  It has the time clock set to March Madness, not the 2016 general election.  

The problem is with the newly sub topic Politics Board.  Probably been 100 and more topics posted in last month and half, majority during March Madness and Conference Championships and they continue to be posted.  Always a title with a link to an article. When one comes on the MU Scoop you immediately look at the "Recent Topics" which have the last seven postings.  80% of them have been matters relating to the Politics Board. When one says "superbar", it doesn't really matter because the topic shows up on recent posts.  

If this is truly a sports talk forum, then maybe the mods can set up something in which the "recent posts" only display those related to "Hanging at the Al"and sports related matters.  Those wishing to discuss Politics/Superbar would have to click on those board links and have any discussion they want.  Don't know what the general feeling would be out there, but I miss the older days of just basketball/sports discussion.  Sometimes when logging in I feel as if its the Wall Street Journal comments site.  

Your post doesn't belong in this discussion.  The "superbar" posters that Heisenberg is complaining about, post that threads should be put in the superbar that concern sports (not politics) and the vast majority of the time involve college basketball, often with some tangential relationship to Marquette or the Big East.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 06:01:17 PM by LittleWade »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback