[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Caleb Swanigan to MSU  (Read 21780 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Caleb Swanigan to MSU
« on: April 10, 2015, 09:48:37 PM »
If I remember correctly he was at the same MSU recruiting as Henry . I think MSU is not done recruiting and there may end up being a transfer or two out. Maybe we can pick up one from them.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Caleb Swanigan to MSU
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 05:44:06 PM »
If I remember correctly he was at the same MSU recruiting as Henry . I think MSU is not done recruiting and there may end up being a transfer or two out. Maybe we can pick up one from them.

I hope we're past waiting on Michigan State castoffs.  Henry was the first MU win in a recruiting battle that I can remember.  I hope that that's the start of a trend.  May Michigan State cull MU's transfer list!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 05:55:14 PM »
I hope we're past waiting on Michigan State castoffs.  Henry was the first MU win in a recruiting battle that I can remember.  I hope that that's the start of a trend.  May Michigan State cull MU's transfer list!

They'll have to battle Iowa State.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 06:22:13 PM »
If I remember correctly he was at the same MSU recruiting as Henry .

Not sure what this means, but Swanigan was a bit different than others in this class in that he didn't reclassify from 2016 until ... ~11ish months ago, IIRC.

With Deyonta and Caleb in the mix... still some room for Schilling... (and Costello?).. Valentine, Eron Harris, McQuaid as off guards/wings.. yeeesh. Scary team.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 06:41:27 PM »
Not sure what this means, but Swanigan was a bit different than others in this class in that he didn't reclassify from 2016 until ... ~11ish months ago, IIRC.

With Deyonta and Caleb in the mix... still some room for Schilling... (and Costello?).. Valentine, Eron Harris, McQuaid as off guards/wings.. yeeesh. Scary team.

Will they be better than they were at the end of this year after losing Trice and Dawson to graduation?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 09:15:43 PM »
Will they be better than they were at the end of this year after losing Trice and Dawson to graduation?

Overall better, I believe yes.

Will they PERFORM? Tough to measure up to what was done this year. A hot Trice and BJ combination (nh) was great at its best.

But they'll have talent all over the place next year... PG maybe a ?

brandx

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 11:12:46 PM »
Overall better, I believe yes.

Will they PERFORM? Tough to measure up to what was done this year. A hot Trice and BJ combination (nh) was great at its best.

But they'll have talent all over the place next year... PG maybe a ?

Definitely more talent. Could be a scary team by the end of next year.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 10:18:27 AM »
I'm skeptical of Michigan State. They remind me of us after the elite 8 season. Talent all over, great recruiting class coming in, but a very questionable point guard. Tum Tum may have an elite name but I have seen nothing from him that makes me think he is a point guard that can lead a top 25 team. He either needs to imporve or they need to find a graduate transfer PG
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 10:23:08 AM »
I'm skeptical of Michigan State. They remind me of us after the elite 8 season. Talent all over, great recruiting class coming in, but a very questionable point guard. Tum Tum may have an elite name but I have seen nothing from him that makes me think he is a point guard that can lead a top 25 team. He either needs to imporve or they need to find a graduate transfer PG

Narins plays just like Derrick Wilson, went to the Duke game and thought I was watching MU, 2 talented scorers and the rest were awful.  No wonder they are after Winston hard.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 10:56:52 PM »
They will figure out a solution to the point guard issue. I agree Tum Tum is not a viable long term solution. Unfortunately I think they will get Winston , who would have been a good get for us.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 07:45:47 AM »
They will figure out a solution to the point guard issue. I agree Tum Tum is not a viable long term solution. Unfortunately I think they will get Winston , who would have been a good get for us.

They will get Winston. I'm 95% sure of that. But that doesn't help them this season. And next season they lose Valentine, Forbes, and Costello and Swanigan and Davis are both potential one and dones. If they had a PG next season, they would be one of my favorites to make the final four.
TAMU

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 03:15:34 PM »
Just decommitted. Purdue is high on revised list

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 03:30:19 PM »
Shame we weren't one of the contenders. It'd be a nice body to have given our striking out with transfers.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »

Well, when you have the chance to go to a Big 10 bottom feeder, you gotta go for it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 04:11:50 PM »

I'm guessing Cal.  He considered going their before and now can team up with Jaylen Brown and Ivan Rabb.  (Davon Dillard is there too.)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 05:11:11 PM »

I'm guessing Cal.  He considered going their before and now can team up with Jaylen Brown and Ivan Rabb.  (Davon Dillard is there too.)

Man, what a terrible class for Cuonzo. We were definitely too good for him  ::)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 05:39:31 PM »
Man, what a terrible class for Cuonzo. We were definitely too good for him  ::)

Yeah, looks like we dodged a bullet there.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 06:33:00 PM »
Yeah, looks like we dodged a bullet there.

How do we know who turned down whom? Cal doesn't have a rich hoops history, but there are plenty of reasons why it's  a better job than MU.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »
Shame we weren't one of the contenders. It'd be a nice body to have given our striking out with transfers.

Nope, the whole thing doesn't smell right with this kid...

Committed to MSU out of nowhere when everybody said Cal was a done deal.  Doesn't sign his LOI but tells all reporters that he is 100% committed to MSU.  Decommits only weeks after his surprise commitment to Sparty.

His legal guardian is an NFL agent and Purdue alum that seems to be managing everything for his client son.  Now there's speculation that he is leaning to Purdue, headed back to Cal, or maybe filling out Kentucky's uncharacteristically underwhelming class.

I am glad that we aren't involved in any of the above at this point.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 06:57:00 PM »
How do we know who turned down whom? Cal doesn't have a rich hoops history, but there are plenty of reasons why it's  a better job than MU.

MU turned him down.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 07:07:17 PM »
MU turned him down.

Good to know. I wasn't suggesting that I wish we had ended up with him over Wojo.
While Martin is building a killer class at Cal, those same players wouldn't have automatically followed him to MU. For one, there's no possible way Rabb comes to MU.

Jet915

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 07:54:22 PM »
Nope, the whole thing doesn't smell right with this kid...

Committed to MSU out of nowhere when everybody said Cal was a done deal.  Doesn't sign his LOI but tells all reporters that he is 100% committed to MSU.  Decommits only weeks after his surprise commitment to Sparty.

His legal guardian is an NFL agent and Purdue alum that seems to be managing everything for his client son.  Now there's speculation that he is leaning to Purdue, headed back to Cal, or maybe filling out Kentucky's uncharacteristically underwhelming class.

I am glad that we aren't involved in any of the above at this point.

Izzo probably couldn't or wouldn't come up with the dough....

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 09:00:39 PM »
Caleb to MU. Lez go

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 09:54:17 PM »
Caleb to Purdue via Dan Dakich/tweeters

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 09:59:15 PM »

We turned down Cuonzo
TAMU