[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Bucks to unveil $500 million stadium plan just north of BC  (Read 250619 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Bucks to unveil $500 million stadium plan just north of BC
« Reply #875 on: July 28, 2015, 09:55:01 AM »
I was told there will be amendment proposals and they will likely all be shot down. This should pass relatively easily.

Vos and Barca have this handled.  Most of the partisanship was resolved over in the Senate when the Dems got some concessions.  You'll notice that there hasn't been the usual hysterics among the political types.  It'll pass comfortably with assemblymen from both parties that need political cover conveniently 'on vacation'.  Look for Gov. Walker to turn his signing into a political photo op.  That's what I'd do.   

GOO

• All American
« Reply #876 on: July 28, 2015, 10:09:45 AM »
I was told there will be amendment proposals and they will likely all be shot down. This should pass relatively easily.

I assume that the City taking until September to approve does not really slow anything down or does it?

I imagine that they are not ready to put shovels in the ground yet anyway, but that once it passes the assembly the owners will proceed with the architects and engineers full speed ahead and get ready for an Oct ground breaking?

That will give them until November or later to have firm enough plans in place, with the excavation work starting in October?  Maybe it will be ready in Winter of 2017?  Maybe the BE season opener will be our opening game in the new arena in 2017? 

I know the owners have been proceeding with soil samples and engineers in the mean time anyway.   

Solid speculation or are they going to be ready to break ground in Sept and go full speed once the City gives it's blessings?  I'd assume permits will be issued on demand?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:46:59 AM by GOO »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #877 on: July 28, 2015, 10:17:15 AM »
I assume that the City taking until September to approve does not really slow anything down or does it?

I imagine that they are not ready to put shovels in the ground yet anyway, but that once it passes the assembly the owners will proceed with the architects and engineers full speed ahead and get ready for an Oct ground breaking?

That will give them until November or later to have firm enough plans in place, with the escalation work starting in October?  Maybe it will be ready in Winter of 2017?  Maybe the BE season opener will be our opening game in the new arena in 2017? 

I know the owners have been proceeding with soil samples and engineers in the mean time anyway.   

Solid speculation or are they going to be ready to break ground in Sept and go full speed once the City gives it's blessings?  I'd assume permits will be issued on demand?

I also think that if it turns out to be opening night 2018 that the NBA will be on board.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #878 on: July 28, 2015, 10:20:29 AM »

I don't think so. After today, it's mostly formality.

That's my expectation.

That will give them until November or later to have firm enough plans in place, with the escalation work starting in October?  Maybe it will be ready in Winter of 2017?  Maybe the BE season opener will be our opening game in the new arena in 2017?

Yeah, figure about 2 years for the construction. Might be a little longer in the winter climes. I'm sure at some point of the 2017-18 season we'll be in there.

It should all be a formality. It's pretty much a land grant, so there's no reason they would tie anything up with red tape once everyone has approved it. Rubber stamps galore and you'll see the owners put the ceremonial shovel in the ground soon after.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #879 on: July 28, 2015, 10:49:42 AM »
And my biggest question, and the one question I'd ask if I were at a press conference with the owners... WILL THERE BE CUP HOLDERS?  Heck, if I were voting today, I'd propose an amendment that cup holders be required in all seats in the arena.  I won't sleep well until this is answered in the affirmative.   ;)  My beer will thank you if they have them.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #880 on: July 28, 2015, 12:53:41 PM »
Bill passes State Assembly 52-34! Goes to @GovWalker now for signature! Great job by all of you lobbying your reps!

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #881 on: July 28, 2015, 01:07:13 PM »
Bill passes State Assembly 52-34! Goes to @GovWalker now for signature! Great job by all of you lobbying your reps!

Incredible for the city. Incredible for Marquette. Well done.

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #882 on: July 28, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »
Hooray!  The Bucks are saved!

and MU gets a new state-of-the-art basketball palace to play in.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #883 on: July 28, 2015, 02:36:57 PM »
Alright, alright, alright. New stadium!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #884 on: July 28, 2015, 03:59:38 PM »
Should be good for recruiting.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #885 on: July 28, 2015, 04:06:09 PM »

Do you get to move into the new arena or do you have to find a new home?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #886 on: August 04, 2015, 07:52:32 AM »
At least this isn't St. Louis
http://deadspin.com/judge-rules-rams-can-build-publicly-financed-stadium-wi-1721820665

Thanks to a judge’s ruling, the St. Louis Rams are one step closer to fleecing the residents of St. Louis for hundreds of millions of dollars.

Ever since Rams owner Stan Kroenke started dangling the idea of moving his team to L.A. over the heads of fans and politicians, there’s been a mad rush to approve the construction of a new stadium that would hopefully keep the Rams in St. Louis. This push for a new stadium involved the public entity that controls the Rams’ current home, the Edward Jones Dome, suing the city in an effort to invalidate an ordinance requiring a vote to approve any use of public funds for the construction of a stadium. Today, St. Louis Circuit Court Judge Thomas Frawley ruled in favor of the plaintiffs. Frawley agreed with the plaintiffs’ argument that the ordinance was too vague and ambiguous to be enforced, and his ruling essentially invalidates the existing law.

A task force led by Missouri Governor Jay Nixon recently unveiled plans to build a new stadium that would cost nearly $1 billion, with almost $400 million of those costs being covered by public funds. Stan Kroenke, who is worth more than $6 billion, is now one step closer to pulling nearly half-a-billion dollars out of the pockets of St. Louis residents without even asking. The craziest part is that Kroenke—whose leverage over St. Louis is greatly diminished by the fact that the Raiders and Chargers are ahead of him in line for a move to L.A.—didn’t even have to fight this battle himself, because the stadium authority was happy to do it for him.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #887 on: August 04, 2015, 08:09:22 AM »
This is one of Deadspin's things.  If Missouri wants to build a new NFL stadium, that's their choice.  If the taxpayers are upset about it, they can elect someone else in the future.  But people need to get over the "building a stadium for a billionaire thing."  That is simply what is done now.  St. Louis can stand up to that all they want, but they will lose a team in the process.  They don't want to lose a team, so they have to play this game.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #888 on: August 04, 2015, 08:19:43 AM »
But people need to get over the "building a stadium for a billionaire thing."  That is simply what is done now.  St. Louis can stand up to that all they want, but they will lose a team in the process.  They don't want to lose a team, so they have to play this game.

Totally agree. I get the philosophical objection to public financing for stadiums, but in reality it's the cost of being a big league city.

In comparison, the deal the Bucks got looks great compared to what most cities/states are paying.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #889 on: August 04, 2015, 08:58:32 AM »
So now that this has passed what's the timeline for construction going to be?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #890 on: August 04, 2015, 09:06:10 AM »
What's the over/under on this thing getting built faster than DePaul's new arena?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #891 on: August 04, 2015, 09:07:29 AM »
So now that this has passed what's the timeline for construction going to be?

It still has to clear hurdles in the Milwaukee Common Council and (I believe) the Milwaukee County Board.  I don't think it will have a problem with either.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #892 on: August 04, 2015, 09:42:49 AM »
Milwaukee City Counsel has to approve.  Should not be an issue, but with politics, they will try to do something with hiring from the City and some minimum "living" wage stuff.  Either way, it passes in such a manner that it is acceptable to the Bucks, is my guess.  Should not be an issue and the tack ons are probably things that the Bucks would be doing anyway.

The County Board does not have to approve it as part of the way the law was written in Madison.  That would be a mess if they had to be involved since they are completely dysfunctional and angry for continuing being pushed aside by Abele and Madison because of how dysfunctional they are... e.g. they just used a bunch of emergency funds to fund increases in pay for county workers this year. And then overrode Abele's veto on this, which Abele obviously vetoed because pay hikes are not emergency related.  But that is how they operate at the county level.  The county board may try some lawsuit, but it won't slow things down.  I believe Madison gave Abele power to sell the park east land without county board approval, although there could be issues with that since the federal government has some rights due to the freeway being there... but once again the county board is trying to be cut out of the process.

So, I'd suspect and have speculated that some moving of soil in October... I believe it was BrewCity who thinks that maybe about right... that shovels are in the ground in October or at least before winter.  The detailed plans will probably develop as the site is being excavated.

I hope that as part of the City process/approval in September, that the Bucks reveal some more renderings and maybe even a rendering of the bowl.  I understand that the owners have been fronting some money for engineering stuff and architects.  If so, maybe we'll see some more of that in September, I hope. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the concepts for the bowl and concourse, if you can't tell.  :)

MUchamp22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #893 on: August 04, 2015, 09:55:57 AM »
So, I'd suspect and have speculated that some moving of soil in October... I believe it was BrewCity who thinks that maybe about right... that shovels are in the ground in October or at least before winter.  The detailed plans will probably develop as the site is being excavated.

I hope that as part of the City process/approval in September, that the Bucks reveal some more renderings and maybe even a rendering of the bowl.  I understand that the owners have been fronting some money for engineering stuff and architects.  If so, maybe we'll see some more of that in September, I hope. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the concepts for the bowl and concourse, if you can't tell.  :)

Paul Henning ‏@brewcitypaul  · 19h19 hours ago 
Would be great to have a huge shovel ceremony, street party before a preseason game in October. First we dig, then we watch a game.

It does seem like October may be target for ground breaking.

Paul Henning ‏@brewcitypaul  · 19h19 hours ago 
Arena design could come before the end of August. Hopefully have common council vote around then as well. Need to keep arena moving forward!

Design may come out before ground breaking according to Paul. Would be great to see more of the design than the original pictures released during the season.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #894 on: August 04, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »
So if they start digging around October-ish, will the surface parking lot just north of the BC be unavailable this season?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #895 on: August 04, 2015, 03:29:35 PM »
So if they start digging around October-ish, will the surface parking lot just north of the BC be unavailable this season?

I would think so.  Sacrifices, Litehouse.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #896 on: August 04, 2015, 03:38:29 PM »
What's the over/under on this thing getting built faster than DePaul's new arena?

Considering they were supposed to break ground here in Chicago in the Spring (which was pushed back from an original start date of Winter 2014), and that they haven't done anything to the site yet (no official announcements or updates from the city or the school), I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if this facility is completed before DePaul's.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #897 on: August 04, 2015, 04:31:57 PM »
Did some asking around, October is very early, but not out of the question.

Remediation plans have begun and soil profiles are being revisited.

Big concern in regards to grading construction force availability, Zoo Interchange is sucking up equipment, labor and most importantly trucks. Everything will need to be trucked out, contaminants will likely be shipped out to Muskego. There's going to be a lot.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #898 on: August 04, 2015, 04:32:44 PM »
Also, ideally want contaminants out prior to frost if possible.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #899 on: August 04, 2015, 04:42:34 PM »
But I was told Milwaukee was Algonquin for "the good land", so no remediation should be required.  It's in the name!!