[April 15, 2024, 10:20:46 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015 MLB Season Thread  (Read 97884 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: 2015 MLB Season Thread
« Reply #275 on: June 22, 2015, 08:38:03 AM »
Yep.  They bitched about the ribbon lights at Miller Park too.

And the Brewers untucking their jerseys.

And any pitch inside to Pujols.

And the Brewers unclassy walkoff celebrations.

And the Brewers sprinting off the field to celebrate their walkoff in private.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2015, 09:51:54 AM »
And the Brewers untucking their jerseys.

And any pitch inside to Pujols.

And the Brewers unclassy walkoff celebrations.

And the Brewers sprinting off the field to celebrate their walkoff in private.

Yep.  They bitched about the ribbon lights at Miller Park too.

very true.  had forgotten about the sprinting off the field to celebrate in private.  that's an outstanding response.

was it carpenter on the mound who yelled an F bomb after striking out t plush, and then t plush responded, and that would've been the end of it with morgan already 1/2 way back to the dugout and his back to the field, yet pujols decided he felt the need to confront morgan and ran all the way across the diamond to start yelling at him?

what a buncha douches.  but damnit, they do win.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #277 on: June 22, 2015, 10:07:04 AM »
very true.  had forgotten about the sprinting off the field to celebrate in private.  that's an outstanding response.

was it carpenter on the mound who yelled an F bomb after striking out t plush, and then t plush responded, and that would've been the end of it with morgan already 1/2 way back to the dugout and his back to the field, yet pujols decided he felt the need to confront morgan and ran all the way across the diamond to start yelling at him?

what a buncha douches.  but damnit, they do win.

If you want to call another team obnoxious douches, it's best to not remind anyone  that "T-Plush" was once on your team.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #278 on: June 22, 2015, 10:14:58 AM »
If you want to call another team obnoxious douches, it's best to not remind anyone  that "T-Plush" was once on your team.

Okay, I'll bite. Who's "T-Plush"?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #279 on: June 22, 2015, 10:35:42 AM »
Nyjer Morgan, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #280 on: June 22, 2015, 12:30:44 PM »
Ex-Brewer player/analyst Daryl Hamilton dead in apparent murder-suicide. It seems he was the murder victim.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ex-mlb-player-darryl-hamilton-dies-apparent-murder-164206317--mlb.html

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #281 on: June 23, 2015, 04:28:22 PM »
Well... at least there's some consolation for the Brewers with good news and bad news: the good news is that they finished 2nd in the NL Central in something, the bad news is that they finished slightly behind the Cubs.

The good news for everyone, though.... Cardinals finished dead last.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-mets-not-so-amazin-at-spelling-and-grammar-1435000005
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #282 on: June 23, 2015, 11:17:51 PM »
Well... at least there's some consolation for the Brewers with good news and bad news: the good news is that they finished 2nd in the NL Central in something, the bad news is that they finished slightly behind the Cubs.

The good news for everyone, though.... Cardinals finished dead last.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-mets-not-so-amazin-at-spelling-and-grammar-1435000005

tower912

• All American
« Reply #283 on: July 04, 2015, 08:37:02 PM »
Miguel Cabrera out for 6 weeks due to a grade 3 calf strain.   Damn.    When does MU leave for Italy?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #284 on: July 05, 2015, 01:51:06 AM »
Miguel Cabrera out for 6 weeks due to a grade 3 calf strain.   Damn.    When does MU leave for Italy?

Are they in the market for a ginge batting 280?

Edit: he is batting .295 and having a fantastic year, but is - by all accounts - still ginger. Hopefully he continues a great year on someone else's roster.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:54:05 AM by Probably Ellenson's Coach »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2015, 04:32:20 PM »
Lohse to long relief when Garza is back.  Brutal

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #286 on: July 07, 2015, 06:11:09 PM »
You should hear all the wacky trades Met fans are proposing with the Brewers on New York sports talk radio.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #287 on: July 07, 2015, 06:18:19 PM »
Hopefully they include Lohse.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #288 on: July 08, 2015, 07:22:13 AM »
Hopefully they include Lohse.

They all involve getting Segarra, Gomez & the return of K-Rod.

MUWarrior2007

• Walk-On
« Reply #289 on: July 08, 2015, 09:19:27 AM »
They all involve getting Segarra, Gomez & the return of K-Rod.

Great.  I'm sure the Brewers would take Jacob DeGrom, Noah Syndergaard, Kevin Plawecki, and Michael Conforto in exchange for those 3.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2015, 12:40:39 PM »
There shouldn't be any untouchables on the Brewers' roster, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #291 on: July 11, 2015, 04:44:41 PM »
So this Chris Sale guy is pretty good, huh? Too bad the Sox can't hit.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #292 on: July 11, 2015, 07:15:34 PM »
Twins with the legendary comeback last night!!!

Wish I remembered who was the poster telling me Gardy wasn't an issue SMH
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #293 on: July 13, 2015, 11:01:04 AM »
Twins with the legendary comeback last night!!!

Wish I remembered who was the poster telling me Gardy wasn't an issue SMH

That was me.  I contested the problem with the Twins was pitching.  Last year their team ERA was 4.57.  15th out of 15 teams in the AL.  This year, so far their team ERA is 3.81, 8th in the AL.  Surely you can't contest that the entire difference there is Gardy.  Not even to mention that last year they had 3 starters hit below .245, now they have 1.  Last year they were 14th in the AL in HRs, now they are 7th. 

They are getting a better season out of Mauer, Torii Hunter has been a huge upgrade, Plouffe has been more productive, now add Sano to the mix and it is cocktail of reasons the Twinkies are better.  But I would still mostly contend that it was pitching.  Gibson was their 2nd best pitcher last year with an ERA a shade below 4.50.  Every starter on their team has a better ERA than that right now.  It is all about pitching. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #294 on: July 13, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »
And speaking of comebacks, two in a row for the Pirates.  Pretty unreal. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #295 on: July 14, 2015, 01:15:59 PM »
That was me.  I contested the problem with the Twins was pitching.  Last year their team ERA was 4.57.  15th out of 15 teams in the AL.  This year, so far their team ERA is 3.81, 8th in the AL.  Surely you can't contest that the entire difference there is Gardy.  Not even to mention that last year they had 3 starters hit below .245, now they have 1.  Last year they were 14th in the AL in HRs, now they are 7th. 

They are getting a better season out of Mauer, Torii Hunter has been a huge upgrade, Plouffe has been more productive, now add Sano to the mix and it is cocktail of reasons the Twinkies are better.  But I would still mostly contend that it was pitching.  Gibson was their 2nd best pitcher last year with an ERA a shade below 4.50.  Every starter on their team has a better ERA than that right now.  It is all about pitching.

Yeah it was Gardy and Rick Anderson as I always said. Neil Allen and Molitor have done wonders changing the philosophy. Not just pitching to contact with slow fastballs. Mixing in change ups and developing a split for Pelfrey.

The offense is actually worse in many ways. It's been very streaky and inconsistent. The bullpen is a mess outside of Perk.

Molitor has created a winning atmosphere. He doesn't play favorites with journeymen. He doesn't throw guys under the bus either. Just simply sits them if struggling and plays the hot hand. Also trusts his guys.

He's the only person in the world that though Danny Santana would deliver in the 9th inning vs Soria there.

Molly has actually made a lot of rookie mistakes in game but it's what he does daily for the team.

Hitting and pitching is mostly on those two coaches. Brunansky still sucks and Allen is a huge upgrade. Gardy also wouldn't part with Anderson.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #296 on: July 15, 2015, 11:58:08 AM »
All-Star game was pretty good.  It is the only All-Star game I watch, because it is the only when where the players are going full bore. 

deGrom looked like he was a dominating Little League pitcher.  Hitters were totally overmatched.  I thought he was the most impressive performer of the night. 

Also, Trout is a freak.  More impressive to me than his home run was his sprint from second to home on Fielder's single to left.  I thought he was dead when he was rounding third but he easily beat the throw.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #297 on: July 15, 2015, 01:41:26 PM »
All-Star game was pretty good.  It is the only All-Star game I watch, because it is the only when where the players are going full bore. 

deGrom looked like he was a dominating Little League pitcher.  Hitters were totally overmatched.  I thought he was the most impressive performer of the night. 

Also, Trout is a freak.  More impressive to me than his home run was his sprint from second to home on Fielder's single to left.  I thought he was dead when he was rounding third but he easily beat the throw.

I was pretty pissed off after only watching the game to see Sale pitch.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #298 on: July 15, 2015, 02:23:29 PM »
I was pretty pissed off after only watching the game to see Sale pitch.

Yeah, that was a strange decision.  Ventura made it clear that he didn't want Sale to pitch in the game, but he is exactly the kind of guy that should pitch the most in an all-star game.  A great pitcher on a non-contender.

As a Red Sox fan I was treated to Brock Holt (A guy who would only play spradically for the Red Sox if everyone was healthy) pinch-running and playing left field, though he got to bat in the 9th. I just enjoy seeing all the great guys together.  I pretty much never watch baseball on TV other than the Red Sox games until the postseason, so I don't see much of those other guys.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #299 on: July 15, 2015, 02:58:11 PM »