[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Zog from Margo
[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Kostas Antetokounmpo  (Read 69642 times)

WarriorPride68

• All American
Re: Kostas Antetokounmpo
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2015, 12:33:12 PM »
What's Coffey's health status right now? I believe that he tore his ACL sometime around November so will he be able to participate in AAU this summer? I wonder if him being injured and Wojo getting on him early could be a blessing in disguise.

Out for AAU season most likely. He expressed interest in trying to come back for Peach Jam at the end of summer, but that seems unlikely

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2015, 12:41:56 PM »
Coffey as of now can play a multitude of positions. Kostas cannot. Just because they are the same size doesn't mean much. You could have both if they both hVe interest and are good enough

Coffey being able to handle SG would help, so maybe it's a choice between Hauser and Antetokounmpo.  I can't see all three wanting to go to the same school in the same year, or a school using three scholarships in the same year on three such similar players.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2015, 12:53:12 PM »
I know I'm not the only one...really excited to see which schools are watching Kostas and PGE out at the Hampton EYBL event this weekend.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2015, 02:00:51 PM »
Coffey being able to handle SG would help, so maybe it's a choice between Hauser and Antetokounmpo.  I can't see all three wanting to go to the same school in the same year, or a school using three scholarships in the same year on three such similar players.

I definitely agree that all 3 probably ain't gona choose us no would it be a good idea to get all 3.

I'd take any of them but coffey and Kostas would be my preferred two
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2015, 07:49:51 PM »

Out for AAU season most likely. He expressed interest in trying to come back for Peach Jam at the end of summer, but that seems unlikely

Not to me.

Still think UNC is a major concern with regard to competition for other schools.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2015, 08:43:07 PM »
Not to me.

Really? Coffey had ACL surgery over Christmas break. He's only 3+ months out. He even tweeted the other day "Really wish I could play my last season of eybl"

onepost

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »

Really? Coffey had ACL surgery over Christmas break. He's only 3+ months out. He even tweeted the other day "Really wish I could play my last season of eybl"

But JayBee knows all.....just ask him about Big Chris and Texas Southern.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2015, 06:14:35 PM »
But JayBee knows all.....just ask him about Big Chris and Texas Southern.

I get that you and JayBee had a major disagreement on one matter.  IMHO, JayBee is owed more respect on this board than you seem able to abide.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2015, 06:26:40 PM »
I get that you and JayBee had a major disagreement on one matter.  IMHO, JayBee is owed more respect on this board than you seem able to abide.

Ohhh no, I think JayBee is one of the most knowledgable minds on this board when it comes to hoops.  And clearly knows what he's talking about at the high school level as well (has called a number of recruits early on as being too hyped/undersold for example).  I clearly should've used teal on that post.  It wasn't so much a disagreement on the Texas Southern thing, just didn't understand why that love-affair went on for so long.  My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2015, 07:55:47 PM »

Yes, really. While the EYBL regular season ends in ~7 weeks here in the Twin Cities, the EYBL Peach Jam and other tournaments are in July.

A number of things would go into a decision to play in July, but what I said is I don't think it's "unlikely."
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2015, 11:31:08 AM »
Mark miler says that MU, Fla st, and St. Louis are showin interest

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2015, 04:43:15 PM »
Iowa State has offered Kostas. Believe it's his first offer.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2015, 04:49:12 PM »
Iowa State has offered Kostas. Believe it's his first offer.

He's not allowed to go to Iowa State unless he transfers out of Marquette.
Have some patience, FFS.

brandx

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2015, 04:59:26 PM »
He's not allowed to go to Iowa State unless he transfers out of Marquette.

I think the Mods should ban that comment so we don't have to read it EVERY time a recruit is considering both schools.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »
I think the Mods should ban that comment so we don't have to read it EVERY time a recruit is considering both schools.

Buzz to Iowa State.

thehammock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2015, 06:45:41 PM »
FWIW...Jerry Meyer predicted Kostas to MU.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2015, 06:56:31 PM »
FWIW...Jerry Meyer predicted Kostas to MU.

Probably the first time he ever picked anyone to Marquette before Mark Miller did.

TVDirector

• All American

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2015, 12:50:07 AM »
Definitely seems like Rowsey, Washington, Hauser, Coffey, and Kostas are the five targets for our three scholarships. Wouldn't be surprised if our three schollies somehow became four or five. I'd be happy with any combination of the above group.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2015, 07:01:48 AM »
WOJO has killed it in recruiting so far....

NOW....

Grab KOSTAS!  He has the most upside......he's a late bloomer and it looks like he's still growing ala Giannis

He has rare length/athleticism just like his Freak brothers.  Develop that.

BONUS:  there's another younger Antetokounmpo brother
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 07:08:12 AM by DomJamesToTheBasket »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2015, 07:11:08 AM »
I feel like Hauser is almost a given. Rowsey is probably 50/50 between us and Cincy. My dream scenario would be adding two grad transfers (Jordan Daniels and Tomasz Gielo seem like realistic and modest hopes) still and somehow landing Hauser, Winston, and Kostas for 2016. I like Coffey, but the injury history is worrisome and Kostas seems like that kid we might really regret if we don't bring him in.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2015, 07:17:16 AM »
Giannis has unlimited potential and Thanasis is the original "Greek Freak"......he got the name from his supreme athleticism.  Good genes.

Kostas already has crazy length and I think he's still growing.  His wingspan is enormous and he's athletic.   Sign him up.

Marquette Fan in WI

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2015, 07:22:14 AM »
I saw him play at Concordia last year and was totally underwhelmed, guess I'm the only one.
Can't believed 24/7 has him ranked #21 HS Junior.
Smiled when I saw who is AAU coach is.
Hoping family connections keep him close to home.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2015, 07:44:27 AM »
It's all about potential.  Swing for the fences.....

Get Kostas.....and now you can really recruit....Giannis and Jabari training at MU

Giannis would for sure be practicing with his bro and Wojo + Jabari are tight. Get them to practice often and you have recruiting gold.  Beyond the recruiting perspective,  you now have 2 stud NBA players you practice against.....playing someone better helps you grow
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 07:58:17 AM by DomJamesToTheBasket »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2015, 08:03:27 AM »
I saw him play at Concordia last year and was totally underwhelmed, guess I'm the only one.
Can't believed 24/7 has him ranked #21 HS Junior.
Smiled when I saw who is AAU coach is.
Hoping family connections keep him close to home.

Don't worry, you aren't. Kostas came over very, very raw. In many ways, like Giannis did. Remember, people were lauding Giannis as the second coming in Milwaukee despite putting up 6.8 ppg/4.4 rpg as a rookie. Not overwhelming numbers, but he had promise.

Kostas is similar. He won't always put up numbers, but he's got potential. I remember talking to someone about the game where Corey Evans started gushing over Kostas. Talked about how he was a top-50 player, was in for a big ratings bump, and just amazing potential. To read Corey's feed, you'd think Kostas was dominating at both ends. Well, my friend watched that same game and Kostas put up two points. Two. He was totally unimpressed, and this is a guy that watches his fair share of AAU ball.

I think Kostas is a massive boom or bust type player. If you take a chance on him, you may get a guy who blossoms at the right time, puts up crazy numbers, and is a one-and-done talent. You might also get a guy who struggles to figure it out and takes time to acclimate. Might need to transfer to clear his head and get the right situation, considering the nature of college sports these days, especially if he came to Marquette only to redshirt and see his brother leave in free agency in 2-3 years.

Considering you get 13 scholarships, I think he's worth the risk. I'm expecting Hauser to come, but after that, Cassius Winston and Kostas Antetokounmpo are the two players I most want in 2016. And I don't say that in the "of all the players we've been linked to..." way, I mean it in the "If I could pick any two players in the 2016 class to roll the dice with, including guys currently in the top-5, I'd take Winston and Kostas over any of them" way. I think Winston is that good, as good if not better than any PG in the country, and when you consider the Bucks connection and the potential upside, I would take Kostas over even a Jayson Tatum or Harry Giles.

feedback