'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by tower912
[Today at 06:21:27 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Go Big Blue  (Read 33456 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Go Big Blue
« on: April 01, 2015, 06:49:59 PM »
As if we need any other reason to root for Kentucky Saturday night, I had not heard Towns's story until today.  I have been impressed from the little bit I've seen him talk in post game interviews and such, but he is obviously a very well raised kid who is mature beyond his years.  I also did not know he would've been a senior in high school this year but graduated high school in 3 years.  Worth the read:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2015/story/_/id/12595135/kentucky-wildcats-karl-anthony-towns-big-man-big-game-big-heart

Also, if you haven't seen his Gatorade speech or his commitment to UK they're worth a watch too.  Impressive kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XA0gqnT1bM

http://www.slamonline.com/media/slam-tv/karl-anthony-towns-delivers-emotional-gatorade-athlete-year-speech-video/
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUeng

• All American
Re: Go Big Blue
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 07:00:57 PM »
His offensive game is ridiculously good for a frosh. Maybe not as powerful as okafor. Would be a fun matchup to watch

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:22:16 PM »
I also did not know he would've been a senior in high school this year but graduated high school in 3 years. 

He old tho. Older did Okafor and most (all?) of his NCAA lottery-projected counterparts.

Would watch him in the gym with Sports U... thought he wasn't living up to his potential most of the time. Only 8 3FGA this year - good.

Amazing year for him.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 07:39:52 PM »
He old tho. Older did Okafor and most (all?) of his NCAA lottery-projected counterparts.

Would watch him in the gym with Sports U... thought he wasn't living up to his potential most of the time. Only 8 3FGA this year - good.

Amazing year for him.

Interesting.  So he was a year older than his class originally and then reclassified to be just an old kid for his grade, but not like a full year ahead of his grade?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 08:05:16 PM »
Interesting.  So he was a year older than his class originally and then reclassified to be just an old kid for his grade, but not like a full year ahead of his grade?

YUS!

Milwarriorkee

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 09:00:55 PM »
I have decided to ensure a badgers loss by betting a grand on them to win straight up.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 06:12:28 AM »
I have decided to ensure a badgers loss by betting a grand on them to win straight up.
Thank you for your efforts.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 07:29:44 AM »

Now that's dedication. Wow.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 11:01:13 AM »

I went $500 with the points.  Seems like easy money to me.  At least in my situation I can make money and they can still lose.   ;)

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 11:07:16 AM »
I gave two Badger buddies the Badgers +10. Bucky gets flat out drilled on Saturday. This might end being MU/Kansas FF replay.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 11:15:53 AM »
I gave two Badger buddies the Badgers +10. Bucky gets flat out drilled on Saturday. This might end being MU/Kansas FF replay.

Crean ain't on Wisco's sideline, ai'na?

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 11:20:16 AM »

I would be surprised if the Badgers lose by more than ten points.  If the Wildcats were an offensive juggernaut then I would agree but they win on the defensive side of the ball.  The Badgers are an extremely efficient offense.  They will score at least 60 points.  I don't see Kentucky putting up 70+ points.

I say Kentucky by four.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 11:22:03 AM »
I say Bucky won't score 55 points. UK is on a mission and my gut says they take no prisoners.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 11:27:49 AM »

10 is aggressive, but I agree. Kentucky received their wakeup call last weekend. This one will be all kentucky.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 11:31:17 AM »
Crean ain't on Wisco's sideline, ai'na?

Coach K is....after his 30 point loss in the finals

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 11:31:43 AM »
I say Bucky won't score 55 points. UK is on a mission and my gut says they take no prisoners.

Would love it if you are right.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 11:36:04 AM »

I went with the field before the tournament started and I'm not backing down now.  Thought the SEC was fairly weak this year and they almost got snipped several times.  I hope you are right, but I think Wisconsin plays them very tough, might straight out win, but will cover. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »
Coach K is....after his 30 point loss in the finals

Coach K also has 10 other Final Four appearances (this year makes 11 other appearances), including 4 National Championships and 3 National Championship losses.  Crean has 1 Final Four appearance and it was the worst loss in the history of the Final Four.

Just getting facts straight, not hating on Crean or backing K, ai'na?

Lemme guess, crapshoot?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:45:03 AM by wadesworld »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 11:48:43 AM »
Coach K also has 10 other Final Four appearances (this year makes 11 other appearances), including 4 National Championships and 3 National Championship losses.  Crean has 1 Final Four appearance and it was the worst loss in the history of the Final Four.

Just getting facts straight, not hating on Crean or backing K, ai'na?

Lemme guess, crapshoot?

Exactly, so a coach that accomplished can get drilled in a Final Four then any coach can get drilled.  That's the point.  No one is immune to it.  No one.  Coach K also has two losses as a 2 seed in the second round.  It can happen to anyone.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 11:57:52 AM »
Exactly, so a coach that accomplished can get drilled in a Final Four then any coach can get drilled.  That's the point.  No one is immune to it.  No one.  Coach K also has two losses as a 2 seed in the second round.  It can happen to anyone.

Coach K was about as accomplished as Crean was at that point. Let's not try to rewrite history as if that happened after his 4 Titles.

Lemme know when Crean heads back to even 1 other FF.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 12:16:23 PM »
Coach K was about as accomplished as Crean was at that point. Let's not try to rewrite history as if that happened after his 4 Titles.

Lemme know when Crean heads back to even 1 other FF.

What?  Now you're just completely talking out of your arse.

Coach K lost as a 2 seed and a 3 seed in their first games in the last 3 years.  Are you saying Coach K wasn't accomplished in the last 3 years?

When Coach K got drilled in the Final Four, he had already been to two Final Fours before that Final Four in which they got annihilated.

Again....any coach and his team can lose or get drilled at any time.  Coach K has shown that on many occasions...if someone as accomplished as he is can do it repeatedly, so can anyone else.

Bob Knight's last 6 years in the tournament at IU went 2-6 with average losses of more than 20 points each.  I could go on, but I believe the point has been made in crystal clear fashion.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 12:21:29 PM »

Like Diener's dad did for him in Kinder, right?
SS Marquette

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2015, 12:25:33 PM »
What?  Now you're just completely talking out of your arse.

Coach K lost as a 2 seed and a 3 seed in their first games in the last 3 years.  Are you saying Coach K wasn't accomplished in the last 3 years?

When Coach K got drilled in the Final Four, he had already been to two Final Fours before that Final Four in which they got annihilated.

Again....any coach and his team can lose or get drilled at any time.  Coach K has shown that on many occasions...if someone as accomplished as he is can do it repeatedly, so can anyone else.

Bob Knight's last 6 years in the tournament at IU went 2-6 with average losses of more than 20 points each.  I could go on, but I believe the point has been made in crystal clear fashion.

Coach K was far, far from the "accomplished" coach he is today when they lost by 30.  He also lost to arguably the best team in the history of NCAA basketball.  Coach K learned from that and has since won 4 National Titles (becoming "accomplished").  Coach Crean road a top 3 player of this generation who couldn't be recruited by high major schools because he didn't have the grades and a kid who was kicked off his former team so he decided he wanted to move home to a Final Four and took the worst loss in the history of the FF to a team that didn't even win the Title.  And Crean's best season since is a Sweet 16.  Don't worry, I'm not saying a guy who wasn't sleeping with someone else's wife is sleeping with someone else's wife, you don't need to "correct" anything.  I'm stating facts.  It's a complete apples to oranges comparison, but to you it's all a crapshoot and K is just lucky while Crean is just unlucky.  I get it.  We all do.  You've stated as such a billion times over.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:27:33 PM by wadesworld »

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2015, 12:40:56 PM »

You're dreamin'.  Wisconsin wins a nail biter.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2015, 01:19:06 PM »
Kentucky wins convincingly before falling to Duke.