[Today at 12:56:44 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Shaka  (Read 98317 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Shaka
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 07:26:14 PM »

Austin was much nicer 15-20 years ago.

I'll bet you're right.  I had never visited prior to 2014 when I had to go for business 2-3 times.  I expected to be impressed.  I wasn't.  And that surprised me.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 07:32:15 PM »
I'll bet you're right.  I had never visited prior to 2014 when I had to go for business 2-3 times.  I expected to be impressed.  I wasn't.  And that surprised me.

It's gotten very big, very crowded, and hasn't managed that growth very well.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 07:47:12 PM »

It's gotten very big, very crowded, and hasn't managed that growth very well.

Yep.  With that damn freeway through the middle of town as offensive as any that I have ever experienced.  Those dozens of 10 story fly over ramps.  Yuk.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 08:13:33 PM »
Besides the athletic department's near capacity to print money, there's loads of talent in Texas.
Since 1990, only California has produced more Burger Boys.

I absolutely hate the term "Burger Boys".  It drives me nuts every time I read it here.

I realize that this is completely irrational and has no real place in this thread, but I really felt like it was time for me to get this off my chest.  I feel much better now, even though I fully expect that my post is likely to result in more use of the phrase I hate rather than less.

Oh, and sorry for quoting you Pakuni for my rant.  (In serious Robin Williams voice)  It's not your fault... It's not your fault...

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 09:02:22 PM »
Not anymore!  Check the price.

What goes down will eventually go up.  The old money doesn't even blink.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 09:53:07 PM »
Couldn't agree more.  I absolutely hate Austin.  Seriously.

Good man. Austin is a terrible place.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 10:02:35 PM »
Not anymore!  Check the price.

Still plenty of oil money for the big shots. They just lay off the rank and file, cut their benefits, etc. Don't worry ... the rich, old, white guys are still rich and old and whiter than ever.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 10:03:51 PM »

Love that BBQ though!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 10:07:51 PM »

I'll take the food in Austin over Milwaukee every day of the week and twice on Sundays.  And the weather 8 out of 12 months of the year.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 10:33:52 PM »
I can't wait for Shaka to leave VCU. Those smug fans on their messages board think he's never leaving.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 10:36:31 PM »
I'll take the food in Austin over Milwaukee every day of the week and twice on Sundays.  And the weather 8 out of 12 months of the year.

And don't forget the music scene. And as far as attractive women, well.......

TX_AZ_Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 10:52:20 PM »

I love Austin.   It ranks up there with Boston as one of my favorite cities.  I just so happened to marry one of the attractive Austin ladies..........   

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 11:21:18 PM »
I love Austin.   It ranks up there with Boston as one of my favorite cities.  I just so happened to marry one of the attractive Austin ladies..........   

Yeah Austin was a great time.  And damn you.  So what you mean is you went down there, found a 5, and brought her back to WI where she was suddenly a 10?  Well done, that's my plan.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 11:26:47 PM »

Completely agree.  Wanted to take 2 things that I thought were slam dunks.  I could see music and women deemed as subjective by some.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 11:28:06 PM »
I have been to Austin, Dallas, and Houston for week long stays.  Austin was awesome.  One of my favorite cities (maybe the Natty we won there had an effect on my thoughts of the city...).  Dallas and Houston were dumps, if you ask me (and we didn't do too bad in those 2 cities either...so maybe the results weren't the only reason I liked Austin...).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 11:28:29 PM »
Completely agree.  Wanted to take 2 things that I thought were slam dunks.  I could see music and women deemed as subjective by some.

I have never been in a city with more attractive women than Austin.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 11:36:03 PM »
I will pile on with the Austin lovefest.  I spent some great nights on 6th street and I love the UT campus area.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2015, 11:43:01 PM »
Love that BBQ though!

Austinites don't know the first thing about good BBQ. You don't find good BBQ in a city that has any buildings taller than six stories. Will admit that they have some other good joints though. There's a place that serves up great Carribean food
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2015, 11:44:25 PM »

Honestly, music scene is better in Milwaukee. Austin has as many shows and good venues but they charge outrageous prices. Compare ticket costs between Summerfest and Austin City Limits and you'll see what I mean.

As for the women, that's just Texas man. You can find that anywhere in the Lone Star State. And the Texan girls not in Austin don't wear that gawdawful burnt orange

Yeah Austin was a great time.  And damn you.  So what you mean is you went down there, found a 5, and brought her back to WI where she was suddenly a 10?  Well done, that's my plan.

That's a real thing. A Texas 4 is a Wisconsin 10. I should know, I'm dating one!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:48:09 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2015, 11:51:07 PM »
Honestly, music scene is better in Milwaukee. Austin has as many shows and good venues but they charge outrageous prices. Compare ticket costs between Summerfest and Austin City Limits and you'll see what I mean.

As for the women, that's just Texas man. You can find that anywhere in the Lone Star State. And the Texan girls not in Austin don't wear that gawdawful burnt orange

There is no possible way that the music scene in Milwaukee is better than Austin.  Comparing large festivals and top concert venues is not a good measure for quality of the music scene.  Go into just about any bar on 6th Street on any given night and you will see quality performers trying to make a name for themselves.  You don't get that quality or quantity in Milwaukee.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2015, 11:55:34 PM »
Honestly, music scene is better in Milwaukee.

You are kidding, of course...

Death on call

TX_AZ_Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2015, 05:59:32 AM »
Yeah Austin was a great time.  And damn you.  So what you mean is you went down there, found a 5, and brought her back to WI where she was suddenly a 10?  Well done, that's my plan.

I'm still in Texas.  There was no bringing her out of Texas.  Unfortunately we no longer reside in the Austin area, but in the future we both would love to end up there.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:03:42 AM by TX_AZ_Warrior »

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 06:03:52 AM »
Boston. Boston?  Whatsamatter, never been to Des Moines?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2015, 07:21:00 AM »

That's a real thing. A Texas 4 is a Wisconsin 10. I should know, I'm dating one!

To add insult to injury, the BoDeans are now located out of Austin instead of Milwaukee.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2015, 07:27:54 AM »
Shaka is a prick tease every year. It must suck for VCU fans to have to go through his flirtatious advances every March.  UT and Austin may finally be a landing place for him because the political climate there may suit him and his wife. Austin is not what it once was, but the campus is nice and the hill country is very pretty. On the other hand Mrs. may not want to mess with happy and end up calling the shots again.