Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Diamond Stone and the Bucky nation  (Read 27414 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone and the Bucky nation
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2015, 10:40:57 PM »
I'm not saying Bo shouldn't care what his daughter says in public. He most certainly should discuss this with her and get on the same page. I take issue with Heisenberg's use of the word control when talking about Bo's relationship with his adult daughter. It may have just been poor word choice but it comes across as domineering and at least a little misogynistic.

Also, how exactly could Bo Ryan's daughter break NCAA rules when she is not an athlete or employed by UW? 

I don't know shyte about NCAA rules, so I shouldn't have thrown that in there. I stand by everything else I said.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2015, 11:13:55 PM »
Define "solid" and look at the rest of the B1G. They are a .500 B1G team next year and a bubble team.  Maybe worse.

Definitely worse and of the tourney if Hayes leaves for the next level.

I would not be surprised if Saturday was Bucky's last tourney win for the next few years.

Can make a credible case MU is better than Bucky next year.

Are we really going to keep going down this road year after year?  People, myself included, were saying the same thing about the Badgers after the Wilkinson/Tucker years. 

I'll give you a glimpse into your future... you will be deeply disappointed.  Bucky isn't going anywhere.

brandx

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2015, 11:30:32 PM »
His daughter is an adult. If you think the appropriate action is to "control" her, then maybe you need the parenting advice.

;D ;D

Well, he did say he would disown a child who "interfered" in his job, so I think maybe he might not be parenting material.

I know I only love my kids when they do what I want them to do  ::)

Anti-Dentite

• All American
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

MuMark

• All American

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »
Lesson to be learned here which is not to say that I expect that the reaction from the vast majority here to close to this when MU next loses a big recruiting battle.  But if Diamond got his fill of the Badger nation, Wisconsin high schoolers following his recruitment got wind of it, too.  Who wants to play for douche bags?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2015, 04:45:02 PM »
Lesson to be learned here which is not to say that I expect that the reaction from the vast majority here to close to this when MU next loses a big recruiting battle.  But if Diamond got his fill of the Badger nation, Wisconsin high schoolers following his recruitment got wind of it, too.  Who wants to play for douche bags?
Looks like there are douche bag followers at Bucky, as they have back to back Final 4's. I dislike Bucky more than most others, but this is wishful thinking that they will not get players. They have been getting them. Whether they are from Wisconsin or not.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2015, 06:32:59 PM »
DC Sports Bog
Diamond Stone says his ACT score and Under Armour aren’t why he chose Maryland over Wisconsin
By Scott Allen March 31 at 11:28 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/03/31/diamond-stone-says-his-act-score-and-under-armour-arent-why-he-chose-maryland-over-wisconsin/

Don’t worry, Maryland fans. No matter how Wisconsin fares at the Final Four this weekend, Terrapins basketball commit Diamond Stone isn’t changing his mind about playing in College Park next season.

“No chance,” Stone told the Glenn Clark Radio Show on Monday. “I’ve made my decision and I’m a man of my word. I’m committed to Maryland, so that’s where I’m going to go. There’s no backing up.”

Stone, a 6-foot-10, 250-pound center out of Dominican High in Milwaukee, is a consensus top 10 recruit who “wants to bring back a championship to College Park.”

In the days since he committed to Maryland last Friday, Stone has read all sorts of theories about why he isn’t going to Wisconsin. He’s also been subjected to vitriol from angry Badgers fans on social media.

“I get all the tweets, calling me a traitor, swearing at me,” Stone said. “I just ignore all that, turn my notifications off.”

The worst thing he’s heard?

“I got a three on my ACT, that was probably the worst,” Stone said. “It’s impossible, I don’t understand. Wisconsin fans are trying to find every little thing to get at me. My guidance counselor [asked me], ‘Do you want me to post your scores online to people know?’ I got a 20 on the ACT and I was all fine to go to Wisconsin. I could’ve went to Wisconsin, but I feel like Maryland is the place for me.”

Stone said that Under Armour, which sponsored his AAU team, didn’t play a factor in his decision to commit to Maryland, but the Terps’ strength coach did.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2015, 06:38:44 PM »
interesting and blunt comments from Stone.  kinda sad that Wisconsin "fans" would go to such lows of calling his character and intelligence into question.  I can hear it now: "he only got a 20; probably wouldn't have made it at Madison anyway."

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2015, 06:45:26 PM »
Some badger fans think they would get all the top recruits if they were better students.  Jabari Parker would have gone to madison but couldn't get in so he settled for Duke (attached tweets).  Unreal!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Smoothly

• Walk-On
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
Twitter doesn't have teal

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2015, 06:55:15 PM »
interesting and blunt comments from Stone.  kinda sad that Wisconsin "fans" would go to such lows of calling his character and intelligence into question.  I can hear it now: "he only got a 20; probably wouldn't have made it at Madison anyway."

I'm going to save this quote so they remember that education requirements are relaxed for student-athletes at their institution just like everyone else's. Since that's what they're still using as the reason Gary Anderson bolted.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2015, 07:07:46 PM »
Some badger fans think they would get all the top recruits if they were better students.  Jabari Parker would have gone to madison but couldn't get in so he settled for Duke (attached tweets).  Unreal!
They were being sarcastic. AAlthough I am sure those ideas cross badger fans minds

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2015, 07:26:48 PM »
if i remember correctly, derrick rose didn't have the numbers initially either-heynnna?
don't...don't don't don't don't

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2015, 08:10:41 PM »

I was in that conversation and we were all being sarcastic....All MU fans haha....

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2015, 09:36:29 PM »

I was in that conversation and we were all being sarcastic....All MU fans haha....

The reenactment was very good... some things I hear when I'm back in Wisky. Ugh!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2015, 09:50:40 PM »
DC Sports Bog
Diamond Stone says his ACT score and Under Armour aren’t why he chose Maryland over Wisconsin
By Scott Allen March 31 at 11:28 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/03/31/diamond-stone-says-his-act-score-and-under-armour-arent-why-he-chose-maryland-over-wisconsin/

Don’t worry, Maryland fans. No matter how Wisconsin fares at the Final Four this weekend, Terrapins basketball commit Diamond Stone isn’t changing his mind about playing in College Park next season.

“No chance,” Stone told the Glenn Clark Radio Show on Monday. “I’ve made my decision and I’m a man of my word. I’m committed to Maryland, so that’s where I’m going to go. There’s no backing up.”

Stone, a 6-foot-10, 250-pound center out of Dominican High in Milwaukee, is a consensus top 10 recruit who “wants to bring back a championship to College Park.”

In the days since he committed to Maryland last Friday, Stone has read all sorts of theories about why he isn’t going to Wisconsin. He’s also been subjected to vitriol from angry Badgers fans on social media.

“I get all the tweets, calling me a traitor, swearing at me,” Stone said. “I just ignore all that, turn my notifications off.”

The worst thing he’s heard?

“I got a three on my ACT, that was probably the worst,” Stone said. “It’s impossible, I don’t understand. Wisconsin fans are trying to find every little thing to get at me. My guidance counselor [asked me], ‘Do you want me to post your scores online to people know?’ I got a 20 on the ACT and I was all fine to go to Wisconsin. I could’ve went to Wisconsin, but I feel like Maryland is the place for me.”

Stone said that Under Armour, which sponsored his AAU team, didn’t play a factor in his decision to commit to Maryland, but the Terps’ strength coach did.

What a lovely class of fans....and yes, there are other fanbases that have them also.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2015, 10:03:23 PM »
All fanbases have their morons, even MU. But UW's crowd takes it to a whole different level. Smug, elitist a-holes.