[Today at 09:05:48 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2 out of 3  (Read 14143 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: 2 out of 3
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2015, 12:31:38 PM »
Just think if it was Wisconsin vs. Notre Dame.  As a Marquette fan that would be very hard one to watch.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2015, 12:33:05 PM »
Some of you actively hate the badgers more than you cheer for MU.

Agreed. It is sort of sad.

I don't actively root for UW, and honestly I enjoy watching them lose, but beyond that I really don't care. But I'm not a Sconny. The obsession some(most) big MU fans have with a Wisconsin is pathetic.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 12:33:56 PM »
The real pity of this story is that you had to sit through that 4 hour nightmare that is college football, all without the benefits of easy alcohol access.

Plenty before and after.  It's all good.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 12:34:33 PM »
Just think if it was Wisconsin vs. Notre Dame.  As a Marquette fan that would be very hard one to watch.

I know that poll was posted previously.  I think the "who do you like least" varies on:

1. where a person currently lives - those that are in WI tend to hate the Badgers more on Avg.

2. when did you graduate - those who graduated later don't have the same memory or animosity towards ND.  I graduated in 2000 and would say that I always had far more negative feelings about Louisville and Cincy.

Personally, I hate the Badgers most of all, which is why I apparently have to leave WI.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2015, 12:35:02 PM »
If ND had won, I would have been rooting for a terrorist strike next weekend.   So.... go Kentucky!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 12:35:06 PM »
Furthermore the history of black players that don't look like the rest of the state makes a lot of the middle class in this state cheer against Marquette

Weren't you the genius/Chicken Little who posted this less than a week ago?

"Diamond going to Wisconsin is the final nail in the coffin for Marquette basketball.   4 years ago this team was headed to the stratosphere, than when Buzz left everything went to poop and UW is headed to back to back to back national championship with Stone, Decker, and Hayes, and than whoever else comes in after Decker leaves (Chances are they will be big time recruits that do not want to attend Marquette anymore)
Wojo better get to a final 4 and get to one fast before UW laps us again.   The fact that a city of Milwaukee kid of Color wants to play with UW shows how far we have fallen.
And in regards to Ellenson.  Everyone is telling me that he is overrated and will get beaten up when Diamond plays them.  
we are doomed.  Looks like I am going to start cheering for Iowa State"

........maybe you should lengthen that posting break of yours

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 12:37:55 PM »
Weren't you the genius/Chicken Little who posted this less than a week ago?

"Diamond going to Wisconsin is the final nail in the coffin for Marquette basketball.   4 years ago this team was headed to the stratosphere, than when Buzz left everything went to poop and UW is headed to back to back to back national championship with Stone, Decker, and Hayes, and than whoever else comes in after Decker leaves (Chances are they will be big time recruits that do not want to attend Marquette anymore)
Wojo better get to a final 4 and get to one fast before UW laps us again.   The fact that a city of Milwaukee kid of Color wants to play with UW shows how far we have fallen.
And in regards to Ellenson.  Everyone is telling me that he is overrated and will get beaten up when Diamond plays them.  
we are doomed.  Looks like I am going to start cheering for Iowa State"

Well done. He better never live that one down.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 12:38:32 PM »
I go to a few Badger football games a year.

Stories from visiting fans about how sh*tty Badger fans are to their guests are legendary.  Have followed the Badgers to a few away games (mostly Penn State) and have always been treated well.  Have hosted friends from PA in Madison and have been totally embarrassed by Badger a-holes.

In 2011 they were rated in the top 15 worst fan bases in the country in all sports, pro or college.....worst in the Big Ten....and deserved every bit of it.  You can't take the dick out of Badger fans. 

http://thelantern.com/2011/10/wisconsin-badgers-fans-worst-in-the-big-ten/

They've made a number of rankings over the years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/905155-college-football-2011-ranking-the-25-rudest-fanbases-in-the-nation

http://www.footballnation.com/content/worst-fans-college-football/13197/

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-03-18/sports/os-gqs-worst-sports-fans-in-america-20110318_1_gq-fan-bases-tops

MU_Beav

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 12:39:58 PM »
Not hard to understand and it exists in provincial states like Wisconsin.  It doesn't exist at all here in California.  Too many people, too diverse, too many competing interests.  For a state like Ohio, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc....it's a state identifier.   Totally get it....doesn't change one iota the dickness level of the fans.   Doesn't change them bashing the moms of recruits they didn't get.  Doesn't change any of the horsecrap racist nonsense with players wearing tattoos, etc, etc.

Yes, this is true - I am from Oregon and grew up in the OSU/UO mosh, went to MU and bought into the vitriol with UW, live in California and no one really gives a rip.  We go to half of Cal's football games - UCLA, USC, even the big game - and folks are uber mellow.  They just want their pre-game barbecues and dirty martinis after.  Insofar as UW, it borders on the quasi-religious, even with the blessed iconography of a fury wood critter, and all the ritual to follow.  I realize that as an MU fan there's a hypocrisy in what I say, but I just get the feeling that it's a bit more "life and death" when it comes to the lot of Wisconsin athletics.  There's just nothing else going on.  

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 12:41:04 PM »

That original diatribe aside, don't for a second think there's not a racial element at play. They were horrible when Buzz was beating them with all black guys and JUCOs.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 12:42:20 PM »
Just like some of you think MU grads who cheer for UW as well should give back their diplomas, I think MU fans who root against the Badgers and live in Wisconsin should be forced to move out of state.

That's a win win for me. Cheer against Wisconsin and go back to Illinois? Sign me up.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 12:43:11 PM »
Yes, this is true - I am from Oregon and grew up in the OSU/UO mosh, went to MU and bought into the vitriol with UW, live in California and no one really gives a rip.  We go to half of Cal's football games - UCLA, USC, even the big game - and folks are uber mellow.  They just want their pre-game barbecues and dirty martinis after.  Insofar as UW, it borders on the quasi-religious, even with the blessed iconography of a fury wood critter, and all the ritual to follow.  I realize that as an MU fan there's a hypocrisy in what I say, but I just get the feeling that it's a bit more "life and death" when it comes to the lot of Wisconsin athletics.  There's just nothing else going on.  

It's how they define themselves.....their essence....their self-worth.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 12:44:37 PM »

How do you know so many of my relatives, none of whom actually attended UW?

onepost

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 12:45:48 PM »
That original diatribe aside, don't for a second think there's not a racial element at play. They were horrible when Buzz was beating them with all black guys and JUCOs.

Ohh I definitely agree that it does come into play.  No doubt.  I was just looking for an excuse to remind Kenosha of how moronic the majority of his posts are.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 01:02:06 PM »
How do you know so many of my relatives, none of whom actually attended UW?

;D

I've lived many years of my life in Ohio, Kansas, Indiana, Wisconsin....it's just how those states work.  The indoctrination starts the moment they are born.  When my son was born on the east side of Milwaukee I flat out told them don't you dare put any of that Wisconsin communist propaganda clothing on my son.  Don't even think it.  To which the nurse said, "good for you...someone who actually thinks and doesn't follow"...something to that extent.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 01:04:48 PM »
I graduated in '85 and the Vadgers were average at best during that time. Hardly anybody I went to MU with openly rooted for Becky. Fast forward to 1993 when Alvarez took them to the Rose Bowl and suddenly everyone is a Vadger fan. And nasty fans at that. Now year after year they become more and more arrogant and entitled, like football before 1993 didn't exist. Not to mention their behavior towards the families of any good hoops player from the state who doesn't choose to play there is shameful.

Personally, I'm glad I no longer live in Wisconsin.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2015, 01:08:24 PM »
I graduated in '85 and the Vadgers were average at best during that time. Hardly anybody I went to MU with openly rooted for Becky. Fast forward to 1993 when Alvarez took them to the Rose Bowl and suddenly everyone is a Vadger fan. And nasty fans at that. Now year after year they become more and more arrogant and entitled, like football before 1993 didn't exist. Not to mention their behavior towards the families of any good hoops player from the state who doesn't choose to play there is shameful.

Personally, I'm glad I no longer live in Wisconsin.

No real surprise. Alvarez invented football in 1990 when he pioneered the sport at Wisconsin, just like Dick Bennett invented basketball 5 years later.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2015, 01:12:59 PM »
Well, I don't have to move. I live in New Jersey. Notre Dame nearly pulled it off. The weight of going undefeated and playing a team like UW might just be the achilles heal for Kentucky. I will be rooting for UW. They have a great team. I rooted for MU all season and watched every game. Guys, it's just a game.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2015, 01:46:49 PM »
You live in NJ you don't have to deal with them.  Text badger fans turned on stone so qquick many with thinly vailed racism

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2015, 02:24:17 PM »

Sadly, our own ChicosBailBonds was more unbearable than any badger fan in this regard

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2015, 03:32:20 PM »

Yes. This. It's also bad with a lot of out state packer fans. Down in Milwaukee it's not as bad. More competing interests.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2015, 07:03:24 PM »
And in 2003 all UW fans who cheered against MU and live in Wisconsin should have been forced to move out of the state...right?

Does this apply to the Packers in the playoffs?  Brewers?  Bucks?   

You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2015, 06:56:13 AM »
Some of you actively hate the badgers more than you cheer for MU.

Well, when Bucky is playing high-profile games and Marquette isn't -- which unfortunately is the case in these last two NCAA tournaments -- this is true.

Otherwise, no. In fact, if they both play on the same day during the season, I won't even know if Bucky won or lost unless I see it on SportsCenter or read it in the next day's newspaper. (Kids: Ask your parents what a newspaper is.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2015, 08:48:52 AM »
All right guys, I hate Becky Badger too. But there's the facts:

1) Bo Ryan gets more out of less than any 10 coaches I know. His teams are disciplined, play within themselves and they are unselfish.

2) Dracula is a good recruiter who gets what he needs to be successful.

3) Kentucky is one of the best teams I've ever seen. They're up there with the Jordan/Worthy/Perkins North Carolina teams of the 1980s and the Walton UCLA teams of the early 1970s. I doubt seriously anyone can beat them. But if there is a team left who can do it, folks, it's Becky Badger. They play great defense, they give teams fits and they shoot well from the outside. Again, I have extreme doubts about whether Becky can do it, but if anyone can, Becky can.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2015, 08:50:54 AM »
Just like some of you think MU grads who cheer for UW as well should give back their diplomas, I think MU fans who root against the Badgers and live in Wisconsin should be forced to move out of state.

As long as Badger fans that root against Marquette agree to burn in hell, we have a deal.*

*Deal not valid if Hell doesn't actually exist.

feedback