Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:01:08 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by denverMU
[March 28, 2024, 09:45:23 PM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2 out of 3  (Read 14142 times)

MU82

• All American
2 out of 3
« on: March 28, 2015, 10:44:47 PM »
ND gets its heart broken.

Stone takes his services 844 miles from Madtown.

Bucky makes the Final Four.

As schadenfreude goes, it wasn't a bad weekend.

But dang, Zona, you coulda made it beautiful!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: 2 out of 3
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 10:59:51 PM »
That's not even close to how I see it.  I'd gadly trade Diamond to UW and ND in the FF for a Badger loss today and missing consecutive FF's.  I'd do so in a heartbeat.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 11:11:26 PM »
As long as Kentucky takes care of business next week, I can deal. Two UW-Madison Final Fours suck, but a NC would be unbearable.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 11:11:57 PM »
Don't really care that UW is in the final four. They're one of the top 4 teams. We knew that coming in. If they beat Kentucky, well....different story.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 11:18:32 PM by MUEagle1090 »

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 12:10:21 AM »
Just like some of you think MU grads who cheer for UW as well should give back their diplomas, I think MU fans who root against the Badgers and live in Wisconsin should be forced to move out of state.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 12:21:41 AM »
Just like some of you think MU grads who cheer for UW as well should give back their diplomas, I think MU fans who root against the Badgers and live in Wisconsin should be forced to move out of state.

That's the dumbest comparison I've ever heard.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 12:30:17 AM »

And in 2003 all UW fans who cheered against MU and live in Wisconsin should have been forced to move out of the state...right?

Does this apply to the Packers in the playoffs?  Brewers?  Bucks?   

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 12:50:49 AM »

This might be the dumbest thing I've read on this board. And that's no small feat.

romey

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 11:28:18 AM »
Born and raised in MKE, moved away many, many years ago after graduating from MU. I spent 25 years in Atlanta and actually was able to "root for" both teams.  When I moved back to MKE 2 years ago I soon soured on UW mainly because of the fan base.  I can't believe all the Bucky backers that have no ties to the school (or frankly, any interest in basketball) that are buying up T-shirts and cheering on the team.  It's their right, but I find myself cheering against them now.

I told my non-UW alum friend (he graduated from the UW "system") to think about a Georgia Tech graduate being told they have to cheer a UGA team.  And of course there are countless examples throughout the country.

That ended that conversation

Untucked

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 11:40:44 AM »
You are not a true MU fan if you root for the Badgers!! It is that simple. 
Q: What's the difference between Bo Ryan and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Bo Ryan!!

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 11:42:59 AM »

Guess I'm moving then.   As I told my Badger friend last night, 10% of their fans care as much about basketball about as the average MU fan.  If you don't believe it, just ask. Most would gladly trade another Final Four for another Rose Bowl. And it leads to ridiculous arguments, such as most believe that Josh Gasser is a better overall basketball player than Vander Blue, which is insane.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 11:43:39 AM »
Born and raised in MKE, moved away many, many years ago after graduating from MU. I spent 25 years in Atlanta and actually was able to "root for" both teams.  When I moved back to MKE 2 years ago I soon soured on UW mainly because of the fan base.  I can't believe all the Bucky backers that have no ties to the school (or frankly, any interest in basketball) that are buying up T-shirts and cheering on the team.  It's their right, but I find myself cheering against them now.

I told my non-UW alum friend (he graduated from the UW "system") to think about a Georgia Tech graduate being told they have to cheer a UGA team.  And of course there are countless examples throughout the country.

That ended that conversation

EDIT: The bot changed "ain.a" to "right" !!!  What the hell?

It's mind-boggling to me that you guys find it mind-boggling that people who have no affiliation with UW root for the Badgers.  UW is the state's flagship school, their jerseys have "Wisconsin" on them, their mascot is the badger, which is the official state animal, etc.  

Every team in every sport has bandwagon fans.  The new-found Badger fans are showing Badger pride because the Badgers represent Wisconsin.  These "Wal-Mart fans" (more likely, "Kohl's fans," right?) are proud to be from Wisconsin and the Badgers are going to the FF, the SuperBowl of the sport, to represent the state.  This makes Wisconsinites proud.  Is this really that hard to understand?  

In Georgia, I'm sure there are PLENTY of Joe Plumber-types who root hard for UGA football, despite having never stepped foot on campus.  In fact, I bet UGA has boosters who never went to the school.  Why?  Because UGA represents not only UGA students and alums, but also the state of Georgia.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:45:40 AM by Eldon »

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 12:06:20 PM »
Some of you actively hate the badgers more than you cheer for MU.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 12:12:27 PM »

Thanks for the advice dad.  I think I'll pass.

Marquette_g

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 12:13:34 PM »
Some of you actively hate the badgers more than you cheer for MU.

I might be guilty of that, but getting lectured by chat room folks is certainly not going to change that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 12:20:18 PM »
EDIT: The bot changed "ain.a" to "right" !!!  What the hell?

It's mind-boggling to me that you guys find it mind-boggling that people who have no affiliation with UW root for the Badgers.  UW is the state's flagship school, their jerseys have "Wisconsin" on them, their mascot is the badger, which is the official state animal, etc.  

Every team in every sport has bandwagon fans.  The new-found Badger fans are showing Badger pride because the Badgers represent Wisconsin.  These "Wal-Mart fans" (more likely, "Kohl's fans," right?) are proud to be from Wisconsin and the Badgers are going to the FF, the SuperBowl of the sport, to represent the state.  This makes Wisconsinites proud.  Is this really that hard to understand?  

In Georgia, I'm sure there are PLENTY of Joe Plumber-types who root hard for UGA football, despite having never stepped foot on campus.  In fact, I bet UGA has boosters who never went to the school.  Why?  Because UGA represents not only UGA students and alums, but also the state of Georgia.

Not hard to understand and it exists in provincial states like Wisconsin.  It doesn't exist at all here in California.  Too many people, too diverse, too many competing interests.  For a state like Ohio, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc....it's a state identifier.   Totally get it....doesn't change one iota the dickness level of the fans.   Doesn't change them bashing the moms of recruits they didn't get.  Doesn't change any of the horsecrap racist nonsense with players wearing tattoos, etc, etc.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 12:22:37 PM »

Ban me from living in Wisconsin? Is that a threat or a promise?

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 12:22:43 PM »
Which leads to a tough Question to ask. Will the 15 year run that the badgers have trump the 15 year run Marquette had in the late 60s and 70s?

SuddenSam

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 12:23:30 PM »

Thanks for the humor ;D

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 12:26:28 PM »
I go to a few Badger football games a year.

Stories from visiting fans about how sh*tty Badger fans are to their guests are legendary.  Have followed the Badgers to a few away games (mostly Penn State) and have always been treated well.  Have hosted friends from PA in Madison and have been totally embarrassed by Badger a-holes.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 12:26:48 PM »
Not hard to understand and it exists in provincial states like Wisconsin.  It doesn't exist at all here in California.  Too many people, too diverse, too many competing interests.  For a state like Ohio, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc....it's a state identifier.   Totally get it....doesn't change one iota the dickness level of the fans.   Doesn't change them bashing the moms of recruits they didn't get.  Doesn't change any of the horsecrap racist nonsense with players wearing tattoos, etc, etc.
 great post Chico.  we are GTech. Badgers are UGA. Every tom dick and Harry Pulls for the team that they think represents them

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 12:28:39 PM »
You are not a true MU fan if you root for the Badgers!! It is that simple. 
Amen! Clear and concise. And that goes double for ND.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 12:28:53 PM »
Furthermore the history of black players that don't look like the rest of the state makes a lot of the middle class in this state cheer against Marquette

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2015, 12:29:20 PM »
Amen! Clear and concise. And that goes double for ND.
plus 10000

Marquette_g

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
I go to a few Badger football games a year.

Stories from visiting fans about how sh*tty Badger fans are to their guests are legendary.  Have followed the Badgers to a few away games (mostly Penn State) and have always been treated well.  Have hosted friends from PA in Madison and have been totally embarrassed by Badger a-holes.

The real pity of this story is that you had to sit through that 4 hour nightmare that is college football, all without the benefits of easy alcohol access.

feedback