Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wildcat game thread  (Read 19652 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: Wildcat game thread
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 07:26:06 PM »
Well, I think you can be pretty certain that Dekker goes pro now.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »
Dekker has to go pro after this performance.  Simply awesome

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 07:26:56 PM »
I thought the exact same. Went away from where they had success.

I think Wisconsin's reliance on the three could hurt them against Kentucky. UK has so much length on the defensive perimeter, you won't get clean looks, and no one will out rebound them. I think it's more likely a team that primarily scores inside but happens to get hot from three has a better chance of the upset.

Maybe. But I don't know if you can stop UW from getting open looks, and if even if two of them go cold three others can kill you.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 07:28:57 PM »
So glad I don't live in Wisconsin. Can't imagine how insufferable it'll be there if the Vadgers win the whole thing.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2015, 07:30:04 PM »
I think the speed and depth of UK's big men means they will have a tougher time to get those open looks.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 07:30:15 PM »
Dekker has to go pro after this performance.  Simply awesome

After the last two games, he might have worked up to a lottery pick. Just unreal games for him at right time, like Kemba a few years ago.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 07:32:32 PM »
So glad I don't live in Wisconsin. Can't imagine how insufferable it'll be there if the Vadgers win the whole thing.
You jags that don't live here are so lucky.  Monday is gonna suck.  My partner will be talking sh*t all week, while making his plans for Indy.  I think I'll work remotely this week.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2015, 07:37:29 PM »

Nope, they have Kentucky next.  This is their last tourney win for a while.

Seniors
Hayes
dukken
Kaminsky
Gosser

Go pro
Dekker

Without Diamond stone, at best they are a bubble team next year, most likely NIT

With Ellenson, MU might be better next year

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2015, 07:37:37 PM »

I'm in a bar in Iowa and it's bad.

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2015, 07:39:45 PM »
I work in deerfield Illinois and work with an insufferable badger fan who not only didn't go to UW but grew up in Ohio. He'll be horrible on Monday.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2015, 07:39:51 PM »
I agree. I'm in Stevens Point for my daughter's basketball tournament and I'm watching games between schools I have never heard of so I don't have to stand in the cafeteria listening to everyone cheering.  This is painful.  At least most of the fans have had a chance to cheer for a good week or so. Since they aren't real fans the rest of the year.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2015, 07:43:01 PM »
Not a surprising outcome.  Based on what I saw on Thursday night, Zona just isn't that good to their seeding or ranking, but Wisconsin is impressive.  Actually thought Zona played better today than I thought....figured it would be a 10+ win for Badgers.

ND might give UK a game.   I think UW will be the toughest game UK plays all year and they almost lost a few games already. 

It's nice to see  guys shoot well, pass well, rebound well and not some of the nonsense.  Good, traditional basketball.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2015, 07:44:11 PM »
Nope, they have Kentucky next.  This is their last tourney win for a while.

Seniors
Hayes
dukken
Kaminsky
Gosser

Go pro
Dekker

Without Diamond stone, at best they are a bubble team next year, most likely NIT

With Ellenson, MU might be better next year

Hayes is a sophomore. Barring major injuries, they will be back in the tourney next year, but nowhere near as good. That's why UK needs to take them out and end our misery ASAP.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2015, 07:45:39 PM »
Not a surprising outcome.  Based on what I saw on Thursday night, Zona just isn't that good to their seeding or ranking, but Wisconsin is impressive.  Actually thought Zona played better today than I thought....figured it would be a 10+ win for Badgers.

ND might give UK a game.   I think UW will be the toughest game UK plays all year and they almost lost a few games already. 

It's nice to see  guys shoot well, pass well, rebound well and not some of the nonsense.  Good, traditional basketball.

How does complaining like someone shot their dog after every foul call not fall under the category of "some of the nonsense"??

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2015, 07:48:28 PM »
I didn't grow up in Wisconsin, nor do I live there now. But I've always liked Rodgers, and really enjoyed watching him play.

Seeing him jump on this bandwagon for no discernible reason has made me do a COMPLETE 180 on him. Can't stand the guy now. YOU WENT TO CAL WHAT ARE YOU DOING FLYING TO LA TO PULL FOR THE BADGERS??????? Sickening.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2015, 07:49:21 PM »
Hayes is a sophomore. Barring major injuries, they will be back in the tourney next year, but nowhere near as good. That's why UK needs to take them out and end our misery ASAP.

Agreed. But I'm worried. Badgers played UK even last year and are better this year. I know all the experts are awarding uk the trophy, but have they improved that much?

Marq

• Walk-On
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2015, 07:53:21 PM »
First off I'm a fan of both Marquette and WI and love to see both do great and win their conference. However, to all you d bags who wanted to see Wisconsin lose today, how do you like them Apples go Flock your selfless. Way to go Bucky!

PS- I cheer on the entire state and want to see WI success nation wide.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2015, 07:53:56 PM »

Sorry, I meant Jackson, not Hayes

They are fifth to seventh in the B1G next year, bubble team.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2015, 07:54:20 PM »
UK is much deeper than last year, but so is Bucky. And there is zero you can do when a team is shooting 70 percent on threes.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2015, 07:54:26 PM »
Agreed. But I'm worried. Badgers played UK even last year and are better this year. I know all the experts are awarding uk the trophy, but have they improved that much?

If they shoot like they did today, no one is beating them. Good thing is, it will be nearly impossible for them to repeat it. That was insanely hot from deep. What gives me hope is that they shot 66% from 3 today, and it was still a 2 possession game with ~ a minute to play. If they had shot a still-torrid 50% from 3 (9/18), they might be out of the tourney right now. It will take 50%+ from 3 and likely more to beat UK. Can they do it? I'm afraid the answer is maybe. But it won't be as easy as it looked today.

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2015, 07:56:31 PM »
People tend to say this every year. Bo has made the tournament 14 straight years. He has a system in place, and he has players that will fill the roles of others that are leaving. The Badgers might not be elite next year, but they will be very good once again.

Bronson Koenig, Zak Showalter, Nigel Hayes, and Vitto Brown return gaining valuable experience. Redshirt center 6'9" Ethan Happ is a tough player in the post. Wisconsin has many guys that sat the bench this year, but will be expected to contribute next year, and they learned a lot in practice this season. Bo is also bringing in some talented recruits. As long as Coach Ryan is at UW they will be very good!

My hope is that Wojo builds our program into a winner quickly and each year we're just a little bit better than Bucky.

GO MU!

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2015, 07:56:40 PM »
I didn't grow up in Wisconsin, nor do I live there now. But I've always liked Rodgers, and really enjoyed watching him play.

Seeing him jump on this bandwagon for no discernible reason has made me do a COMPLETE 180 on him. Can't stand the guy now. YOU WENT TO CAL WHAT ARE YOU DOING FLYING TO LA TO PULL FOR THE BADGERS??????? Sickening.

He's just racking up some points with da cheeseheads.

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2015, 07:57:57 PM »
Kentucky getting the early calls

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2015, 07:58:38 PM »
He's just racking up some points with da cheeseheads.

I'm aware. Despicable.

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2015, 08:05:43 PM »
ND has to make 3's and cut down on the turnovers