[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Barnes not expected to return to Texas  (Read 24200 times)

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: Barnes not expected to return to Texas
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2015, 10:15:28 PM »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2015, 07:05:48 AM »
Goodman did float Buzz's name in his Insider article about the Texas job.
It is obvious that Goodman and Buzz "float" together--and will "sink" together.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 07:08:03 AM »
Washington DC... Where Mrs Shaka has her office/business
Yup. Wonder how those politics will play in Austin?

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2015, 11:05:09 AM »
Who is Rob Dauster?

Senior Writer, Managing Editor for NBC Sports' college hoops coverage at College Basketball Talk.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2015, 11:12:05 AM »
Buzz Williams ‏@TeamCoachBuzz  1h1 hour ago
When we no longer have to impress people, but are living to please God, we will have freedom to be who God created us to be, & enjoy life.

I wonder when Buzz will start enjoying life...?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2015, 11:14:18 AM »
It is obvious that Goodman and Buzz "float" together--and will "sink" together.

GTST
Grind together, shine together----ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2015, 12:26:27 PM »
When we no longer have to impress people, but are living to please God, we will have freedom to be who God created us to be, & enjoy life.

According to the Hokies fans, NOTHING in the world beats living in the Appalachians and Coach K even said VT was a sleeping giant.

So why would Buzz leave?

#stewinthebackcountryBuzz
SS Marquette

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2015, 12:31:11 PM »

Buzz said that with the same thoughts as "I'll be t MU as long as they will have me." A top 10 quote of Buzz "Slim Whitman" Williams.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2015, 01:47:58 PM »
Rob Dauster ‏@RobDauster  7m7 minutes ago
On Friday, I reported that the Tennessee job is Rick Barnes' if he wants it: http://tw.nbcsports.com/lL5

Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas
Rob Dauster Mar 27, 2015, 3:36 PM EDT

Rick Barnes is not expected to return as head coach of the Texas men’s basketball team, multiple sources told NBCSports.com.

Barnes met with athletic director Steve Patterson, who told him that he needs to replace his coaching staff or risk being let go, sources confirmed to NBCSports.com. Barnes is not expected to meet those demands.

All three members of Barnes’ coaching staff have been a part of the program for a long time. Russell Springman has been with the team since 2001. Rob Lanier coached with Barnes from 1999-2001, and then came back to Texas in 2011. Chris Ogden played for Barnes before joining the Texas staff in 2008.

247Sports.com was the first to report that Barnes is seriously considering stepping down.

The Austin American-Statesman reported on Thursday night that Patterson and Barnes have met face-to-face twice since the Longhorns were eliminated from the NCAA Tournament.

Barnes is the winningest head coach in Texas basketball history, having led the team to the Final Four in 2003 while churning out NBA stars like Kevin Durant, LaMarcus Aldridge and T.J. Ford. But in recent seasons, prior to signing Myles Turner, Barnes has struggled to reel in the elite talent coming out of the state of Texas. The Longhorns surprisingly made the NCAA Tournament in 2014 — a run that earned Barnes a contract extension. But this season, Barnes led a preseason top-ten team into a No. 11 seed and an opening round tournament exit.

One potential landing spot for Barnes is Tennessee, sources said, with one source adding the job is “absolutely” his if he wants it. Barnes’ wife, Candy, is a Tennessee alum.

The list for replacements, should Barnes opt to leave, will be long, as Texas is one of the top ten coaching jobs in the country. Gregg Marshall, Shaka Smart and Buzz Williams are among the names that will likely be involved.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2015, 04:26:04 PM »
Coaching Rumors ‏@coaching_rumors  23m23 minutes ago
Marshall, Smart, Turgeon, Pastner, & Miller have all been contacted by representatives of Texas to gauge interest in open position.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2015, 04:47:09 PM »
Coaching Rumors ‏@coaching_rumors  23m23 minutes ago
Marshall, Smart, Turgeon, Pastner, & Miller have all been contacted by representatives of Texas to gauge interest in open position.

How great would it be if Turgeon took the Texas job and Stone decommitted.  Badger fans would be eating their words real fast, and their coaches daughter would be issuing a really quick Twitter apology and deleting quite a few Tweets.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2015, 04:50:27 PM »

The guy is as phony as Crean...that's saying something

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2015, 05:26:45 PM »
Pastner
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2015, 07:08:29 PM »
Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz  49m49 minutes ago
Texas targeting Shaka Smart, not Gregg Marshall, report says http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/03/texas_targeting_shaka_smart_no.html
Texas targeting Shaka Smart, not Gregg Marshall, report says

By Matt Zenitz | mzenitz@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on March 29, 2015 at 5:58 PM, updated March 29, 2015 at 6:15 PM

The coach that reportedly turned down Alabama may not be the top target for the job he is reported to be most interest in.

Texas is targeting VCU's Shaka Smart, not Wichita State's Gregg Marshall, according to a report from 8News WRIC Richmond in Virginia.

Texas fired longtime coach Rick Barnes Sunday, creating an opening that has further complicated the Tide's search for a coach to replace Anthony Grant, whom Alabama parted ways with March 15.

Reported to be alone atop Alabama's wish list, Marshall told the Tide that he is not interested in their opening, according to a report from Yahoo! on Saturday, a report that said Marshall is interested in the job at Texas.

It is unclear if Marshall would have interest in the Tide if he does not get the job with the Longhorns.

Tums Festival

• All American
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2015, 08:41:39 PM »
Barnes to Tennessee?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12588541/tennessee-volunteers-close-hiring-rick-barnes-former-texas-longhorns-coach

It's all but done, "barring a late snag" is the only caveat at this point.

Well, unlike St John's and DePaul from our conference, Tennessee got their hire right.  It must feel like Christmas in Knoxville to get a guy as accomplished as Barnes. 

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2015, 10:35:32 AM »
Buzz Williams ‏@TeamCoachBuzz  3h3 hours ago
We don’t get “burned out” because of what we do. We get “burned out” because we forget why we do it. PURPOSE KEEPS YOU FRESH.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2015, 03:01:20 PM »
Buzz Williams ‏@TeamCoachBuzz  3h3 hours ago
We don’t get “burned out” because of what we do. We get “burned out” because we forget why we do it. PURPOSE KEEPS YOU FRESH.

Is there anything in this world more annoying than that guy's twitter account?  It's like someone gave an imbecile a copy of Bartlett's and set them up on twitter. 
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2015, 06:13:39 PM »
Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops  25m25 minutes ago
You can add Virginia's Tony Bennett to the list of people contacted by Texas' search firm. He probably could have had the job, but said no

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2015, 06:24:46 PM »
Is there anything in this world more annoying than that guy's twitter account?  It's like someone gave an imbecile a copy of Bartlett's and set them up on twitter. 

It must surely be a coincidence that Williams didn't know what "tweeter" was when he coached Marquette, however, for the past 369 days since he's been employed by Virginia Tech he's about as active a profile as you'll find in a current head coach.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2015, 09:19:22 PM »
Jon Rothstein's Twitter is certainly up there...
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2015, 11:18:41 PM »
Jon Rothstein's Twitter is certainly up there...

You are 100% correct, he couldn't be more annoying.

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2015, 11:35:20 PM »
It must surely be a coincidence that Williams didn't know what "tweeter" was when he coached Marquette, however, for the past 369 days since he's been employed by Virginia Tech he's about as active a profile as you'll find in a current head coach.

I don't remember exactly when but Buzz started his twitter account awhile before he left Marquette. I want to say it was the summer of 2013.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2015, 09:08:36 AM »
Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS  6m6 minutes ago
Liberty has settled on Virginia assistant Ritchie McKay as its next coach, a source told @CBSSports. Should be announced today.

feedback