[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: The Badgers are an excellent team  (Read 38806 times)

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: The Badgers are an excellent team
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2015, 07:07:14 AM »
You'd probably fit in pretty well.

This makes zero sense.
But I like to throw handfuls...

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2015, 07:26:00 AM »
If you just based it on what I saw last night, Wisconsin looked a lot better than Arizona.  Of course they'll have to prove it on the floor tomorrow, but I think it is back-to-back Final Fours for them.

I don't think anybody beats Kentucky, but Wisconsin and Duke are the only teams I see with a chance.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:20:45 AM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2015, 07:51:23 AM »
It is perfectly OK to hate/not like them but it is just plain irrational and stupid not to respect them or realize how good they are. Don't have to like it but the "they are not athletic" or "Dekker isn't that good" or "Kaminsky is over rated" stuff is soooooooooooo old.    And next it will be Diamond can't hold Henry's jock"

Get over it people. We will be back sooner than later.  But stop being stupid and bitter

WTF, who are you accusing of saying that stuff?  I haven't seen that.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

SuddenSam

• Starter
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2015, 07:55:33 AM »
That's not exactly what happened.  MU fans cheered on Wisconsin, but Bo forgot to double down on Estill and lost.  Then when MU played Pittsburgh, the UW fans had left or were mild in their cheering.

That's exactly right and remains to this day.  Others can enjoy cheering the rodents while they dis MU every and any chance they get, whether we are down or up.  Our roles will reverse in future and you will not find this on a rodent board.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2015, 07:55:39 AM »
If you just based it on what I saw last night, the Wisconsin looked a lot better than Arizona.

To be fair, Xavier doesn't tend to make anyone look good (except Villanova). Only Butler and 'Nova beat X by double digits this year, and the Butler game was very close until the last 10 minutes or so. Arizona's a better team than the ones that the Badgers beat last year, though I did think UNC was the best bet to knock them off before the Final Four. It'll be interesting to see what Arizona does with just 2 days to prep for the game. UNC had a lot of success speeding Bucky up, but just couldn't hit enough shots down the stretch. Should be a very good game, though my gut says Bucky escapes in another nail-biter.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2015, 07:56:24 AM »
I'm constantly surprised at how people seemingly don't understand sports fandom. You root against your rivals. Bears fans don't want the Packers winning and vice versa. Yankees and Red Sox, etc down to d3 lacrosse and the CFL. That's just how it works. Don't fight it.

+ A lot
Even if I weren't an MU fan, why the f--- should I root for the Badgers?

Schmidtyfactor

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2015, 08:03:00 AM »
That's exactly right and remains to this day.  Others can enjoy cheering the rodents while they dis MU every and any chance they get, whether we are down or up.  Our roles will reverse in future and you will not find this on a rodent board.

Maybe for the Pitt game. But when MU played Kentucky two nights later, half the dome was in red and that place was loud. Ear splitting loud.

I think had MU played game 1 and lost your be a bit heartbroken and not be crazy into whoever played in game 2 either.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2015, 08:15:24 AM »
there was a period of time during that game where UNC looked bigger/stronger/more aggressive, and foul trouble found them, and greatly effected how aggressive they could play.  i think UW is a very good team...probably a final four team.  i also think they're a step below duke, could lose to anyone left in the tourney on any given night, and won't really even be competitive against kentucky.  there best chance at a championship was really last year, but if they beat zona, two final four runs is certainly impressive.  even in the crap shoot that clearly shows tom izzo is the luckiest man in the world. 

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2015, 08:16:14 AM »
Maybe for the Pitt game. But when MU played Kentucky two nights later, half the dome was in red and that place was loud. Ear splitting loud.

That's not how I remember it at all.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2015, 08:17:52 AM »
Way back when, during the 2003 regional in Minneapolis, the fans of both teams actually had some 'state' pride and charity, now it's all about tearing each other down.  Congrats on this new mentality!  ::)

I keep hearing people say this, but it is contrary to what I saw that day in the dome.  I was sitting at the edge of an MU section in the lower corner, directly adjacent to a UW section.  After UW lost to UK, the fans I saw had either lost interest, or were cheering for Pitt.

I'm sure a few Badger fans cheered for MU, but there weren't many in the dome.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2015, 08:19:07 AM »

Not from where I was sitting.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2015, 08:22:26 AM »

I was there, and this isn't remotely true. There was very little red in the crowd that day. Mostly gold, a little UK blue.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2015, 08:23:58 AM »
I'll take the blame for them winning last night. When UNC was up 4 with about 6 minutes left my buddy bet me -3 to Wisconsin and I took it. Right away they went on their 9 point run and didn't look back. I knew that by making the bet not only would I lose money, but the Badgers would win. I'm ashamed of myself.
Bring back FFP!!!

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2015, 08:30:38 AM »
Does anyone actually believe, if it comes down to it, that the Badgers can beat Kentucky? I mean, they pretty much squeaked by UNC (at least for most of the game). They're a great team no doubt, but Kentucky looks like a team that could win some games in the NBA.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:35:11 AM by JuniorCardigan »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2015, 08:35:01 AM »
Does anyone actually believe (if it comes down to it) that the Badgers can beat Kentucky? I mean, they pretty much squeaked by UNC. They're a great team no doubt, but Kentucky looks like a team that could win some games in the NBA.

We hear this about a college team just about every year.  They wouldn't come close.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2015, 08:37:10 AM »
We hear this about a college team just about every year.  They wouldn't come close.

I don't know, I could see them with a chance at beating some of the pretty bad teams in the NBA. Not saying much, but still.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:38:58 AM by JuniorCardigan »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2015, 08:39:10 AM »
I don't know, I could see them with a chance at beating some of the pretty bad teams in the NBA. Not saying much, but still.

Sorry, but no freaking way.  That's just absurd to state as even a maybe.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2015, 08:42:48 AM »

I think had MU played game 1 and lost your be a bit heartbroken and not be crazy into whoever played in game 2 either.

I'll be the fifth or sixth person to chime in here and say you are absolutely wrong about this. My time in the dome is etched in concrete in my mind and it's utter bull$hit what you're trying to spew about Wisconsin fans cheering hard for Marquette to beat either/or/both of Pitt and Kentucky. Zero truth to it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2015, 08:43:32 AM »
They wouldn't go without winning a game over the regular season, but they would have the worst record in the league.  Just watch an NBA game.  Even a bad one.  The pace, the size, is way different than college.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2015, 08:45:12 AM »

Not at all accurate from where I was sitting. It was loud, but there wasn't much red there at all. I did talk to a few Badger fans, but the ones I encountered were wearing gold. Kudos to them, but half red isn't close to truth.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2015, 08:53:00 AM »
Does anyone actually believe, if it comes down to it, that the Badgers can beat Kentucky?

Yes, if they get hot from three.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2015, 08:58:57 AM »
Yes, if they get hot from three.

And that's why I think Notre Dame has a puncher's chance as well.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2015, 08:59:10 AM »
Does anyone actually believe, if it comes down to it, that the Badgers can beat Kentucky?

I think Kentucky beats Wisconsin about 80-90% of the time.  So Wisconsin has a 10-20% chance of pulling the upset.  Not likely, but not impossible.  Of course I am just pulling those numbers out of thin air, but seems about right to me.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2015, 09:02:29 AM »
Whatever would tear out a Badger fans heart the most is what I am cheering for. If not making FF would destroy their memory of the season I want that. If losing in NC at buzzer beater is worse I am all for that. Funny thing is I thought my hatred for the Badgers has lessened a great deal over the years and seeing them win is telling me I still hate them.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2015, 09:04:52 AM »
They aren't athletic compared to a lot of teams. Just like Riley LaChance is not athletic compared to a lot of D1 basketball players. Doesn't mean I'm hating on them. Just what it is. They have better basketball skills than teams (UNC) and players (Tokoto, for example) who are just athletic.

Oh come on.

UNC is more than "just athletic."  Marcus Paige is a hell of a basketball player.  Tokoto isn't merely an athlete either - he just doesn't shoot from outside all that well.  He can defend, put the ball on the floor, and handle very well too.